PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS CC suggestions/changes to deal with Vamps

ElonaReverof
29th Jan 2015, 02:05
These observations are based off my opinions, i'm currently only lvl 18, but these are suggestions that arise from the gameplay which really doesn't change as you progress.

At this moment since bullets/arrows/projectiles in general don't noticeably stun, or have any type of push-back, it's much to easy as a vampire to use their kits and gap closers to harass or kill a human team then it is for a human player to create distance after an attack. The larger problem being that all the human kits lack any type of true methods to get separation from a swinging vampire, and the cc is limited to disabling or barely redirecting(more on that) vamps. I think listing out the classes and their issues might offer more clarity than a large block of rant.

Alchemist - I've played this class the most, and the more I use it, the less it feels applicable without having 3 or so on a team.

Current CC
Sunlight Vial - Being on both ends of the vial, it's difficult to justify using it over the bomb due to how quick the blind is. Majority of the time as a vampire being hit with a blind doesn't stop the right-clickathon carnage because im banking on the locking effect of my swings to connect anyway if the alchemist is attempts to run during the second long period my screen is white. I suggest removing the damage from the vial, or lessening it and making the blind effect not as blindingly white, but a longer filter which as slows vampires.

FireWall(Poison Cloud) - Firewall might be the most effective CC available to humans at creating distance between them and vamps, but does so only through the prospect of heavy damage(not a bad thing ofc). I lump poison cloud and really volley in the same category as area denial CC that use high damage to create safe zones. Their relatively useful and I don't have many complaints about them, even their not that creative of CC and their repeated often in other kits. Don't get me wrong devs, they work for sure, but more experimentation is a bad thing.

Proposed CC
Cannon Blowback- I recommend a short-range grenade shell of compressed air/pellet rounds which would push back vamps in a straight line with a minor stun if they hit an object in their trajectory. This at least offers an option to deal with a vampire in a 1v1 situation, giving the human time to retreat/regroup rather than be molested by auto-locking melees, consistently being stun locked to death.

Adhesive Compound- Much like FireWall, I would like a vial of slowing liquid that does little to no damage on its own, however servilely limits movement when entered by a vampire. I would to make it so that humans still need to aim, focus fire and shoot a target to death without relying on a area of damage. I see the substance being a punishing factor for vamps that press forward after its usage, rather than running through something like Firewall and continuing their right-clickpolooza.

Hunter- I've played the least, and in most of my matches people choose the scout over him, but I'll chime in on his CC.

Current CC
Bola/Poison Bola- I understand that the hunter class is most dps focused, and that the bola works as intended to disable attacks, but it does nothing to alter an attack of a vampire that's in the hunters face. Each time I'm bola'd as a vampire, i believe its a very minor inconvenience as a circle around the hunters face, dodging the panic shots until the short timer is up. I believe that Poison Bola should replaced the base bola, but aside from that change nothing is specifically wrong per-say, it just does very little in a location manner to stop an attack. It may buy time, but it doesn't give distance, arguably the most important resource for the humans.

Blinding Shot- Much like Sunlight Vial, it doesn't blind long enough and would be greatly benefited from a noticeable stun if 2/3 bolts connect directly. Explosive shot nearly does the job for blinding shot with the added benefit of increased dps, sheerly due to the particle effects.

Whip- I like the whip as a short range, oh **** button CC, I believe the damage could be decreased while adding in a push back for the vamps and stun while keeping the pulling off walls and such.

Proposed CC
Chain Bolt- With the removal of the base Bola, I would like to see the inclusion of a high skill/high reward CC for the hunter. In short, the CC would be 1 bolt fired at a vampire, while a second bolt fired at either the ground or wall would tether the the two together, rooting the vampire for a duration of 2-2.5 secs(perhaps more). It allows humans to decide between dps application or potential escape, giving options and affecting positioning rather than simply disabling abilities.

I'll do the other classes at a later time, probly tomorrow. Most of this comes from the need to limit or remove the ease to which vampires can stunlock to victory a human at close range, and giving more options to teams rather than immediate death once vamps are within 10 ft. Positioning and distance should be where CC can aid or hinder either team, but currently too much of it is damage oriented.

--Ram--
29th Jan 2015, 04:57
Current CC
Bola/Poison Bola- I understand that the hunter class is most dps focused, and that the bola works as intended to disable attacks, but it does nothing to alter an attack of a vampire that's in the hunters face. Each time I'm bola'd as a vampire, i believe its a very minor inconvenience as a circle around the hunters face, dodging the panic shots until the short timer is up. I believe that Poison Bola should replaced the base bola, but aside from that change nothing is specifically wrong per-say, it just does very little in a location manner to stop an attack. It may buy time, but it doesn't give distance, arguably the most important resource for the humans.

Blinding Shot- Much like Sunlight Vial, it doesn't blind long enough and would be greatly benefited from a noticeable stun if 2/3 bolts connect directly. Explosive shot nearly does the job for blinding shot with the added benefit of increased dps, sheerly due to the particle effects.

Whip- I like the whip as a short range, oh **** button CC, I believe the damage could be decreased while adding in a push back for the vamps and stun while keeping the pulling off walls and such.

There is nothing wrong with bola or blinding shot. Both ARE effective if a vamp is in your face or any other time. Probably just need to not "panic" and actually hit follow up shots after.

Khalith
29th Jan 2015, 05:05
Only issue I have with sunlight vial and blinding shot is when I'm on top of a wall running towards a group of humans, don't even have them in my line of sight, and when one of those two abilities is used below the wall, my screen suddenly goes white even though I didn't have line of sight on the alchemist or the hunter. It's not really disorienting since it's not in the heat of battle or anything, but it is really annoying when it happens.