PDA

View Full Version : I own DE:HR, missing link, and the fall (steam) and I want the directors cut but...

Freshness8
29th Jan 2015, 01:01
It's $19.99 yet I've read online if you own DE:HR and missing link... you can get the directors cut for $4.99

When I try to check out with steam... it's showing $19.99 still.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Jan 2015, 10:57
Perhaps contact Steam first?

Shralla
29th Jan 2015, 18:53
Don't buy the Director's Cut. It's been broken since launch and only ever received one patch which fixed a small number of issues, leaving dozens of problems entirely unresolved. It is also visually worse in many areas, as they completely disabled much of the post-processing. Overall, not worth even the $5.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Jan 2015, 20:11
Keeping it real, the better advice is to "proceed with caution" rather than don't buy at all.
I've read plenty of reviews from people who appear to have really enjoyed the game so I presume not everyone had issues and are left hungry for a a patch. I guess a lot of issues like this come down to hardware?

Shralla
30th Jan 2015, 00:37
Proceeding with caution means only buying it if you can be sure that it will work properly on your machine. Unfortunately, the fact is that nobody can guarantee that at this point, because performance and glitching is all over the board, and is affecting people of all different set ups. Like an old game that may or may not work on your modern compute, the only reasonable thing to do is pass on it since there's no way to be sure whether or not it will work properly.

Or if you can get the $5 and you think the five dollars is worth the gamble, go for it. I'm just saying there is no way to know for sure how it will run, without playing it first.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jan 2015, 00:55
Or if you can get the $5 and you think the five dollars is worth the gamble, go for it. I'm just saying there is no way to know for sure how it will run, without playing it first.

Sure, it can be considered a gamble as we won't know how it will run (proceed with caution), but as we're talking such a small amount of money, its worth it. :p

besyuziki
31st Jan 2015, 20:53
It was unfortunately a limited offer for the owners of the previous version, but since its release, it has been on sale several times. You can track its discount history here: https://steamdb.info/app/238010/

Being a WiiU abortion, the Director's Cut has been hit and miss when it comes to compatibility and optimization. On my computers, my experience was rather painless and I've had no issues whatsoever, but it has a long and intimidating list of unresolved issues in Steam forums (which will NEVER be fixed, the team ceased to support the game), and I know how counter-productive and annoying it is to say "it works for me" when numerous people with a diverse range of PC configurations report issues.

Personally, I would wait for the next Steam sale event (or it may be on a random weekly sale, which works even better), purchase it at discount, and see how it goes. 5 dollars is a fairer amount to gamble than 20, to be sure.