PDA

View Full Version : Joining a started game.

Zearii
28th Jan 2015, 16:27
So if you have played the game for a little while now, you would notice how solo queue is flawed in a big way.
A big amount of the games i get into is a game where people have been stomped by the opposite team, so they leave and you get their spot (Lucky you). So now you are in a game where the enemy have a +20 kill lead and players on your team keep joining and leaving faster than the enemy can grab them.

This is hard to fix but a few changes could make it better and keep players in the game, even when they are getting stomped.

1. Add a penalty for leavers! - There is many easy ways to punish leavers.
-Timeouts - This one is not suitable for the game as it is right now since people will just stop playing entirely.
-Low priority queue (Dota 2 style).
-Lower rewards in completed games.

2. Give the poor soul who joins a started game a chance.
-Don't count stats since they dont show how you did truly, especialy when you join a pretty much lost game.
-Slightly boost to gold at the end for entering a started game.
-Slightly boost item find at the end.

3.Better matchmaking system.
-Premades should be fighting against other premades.
-Rank system
-Add a "Solo queue only" so everyone who joins this way, joined alone - no premades.

If only a few of these things get into the game, it would become much more enjoyable.

Peace out.
Zearii

--Ram--
28th Jan 2015, 17:09
I would add a lockout time in the final stages as well. I don't enjoy joining a match with 1 second left.

BalaGi
28th Jan 2015, 17:24
1. Add a penalty for leavers!
Agree, but splitting queue doesn't sound good. A little timeout would be fine.
Also, currently leaving didn't count as defeat. That's why some people leave "bad" matches to achieve high winrate. (That's stupid if you ask me, it didn't even show anything). Also, it's probably didn't change your MMR (clarify this, please).

2. Give the poor soul who joins a started game a chance.
Agree. Patience should be rewarded.

I would add a lockout time in the final stages as well. I don't enjoy joining a match with 1 second left.
Nice point.

Cristari
28th Jan 2015, 19:01
Just a FYI if you search this forum for Leavers you will find a massive topic on this, which this thread will probably be merged to.