PDA

View Full Version : Decievers suck

Crypsis123
28th Jan 2015, 08:58
ok i just unlocked it, did the tutorial, did a round in the 4v4, and it was basically useless. If some how they could make it so the disguise wasn't so obvious or maybe make friendly fire a thing so that if people want to deceiver check, they'd risk hurting each other?

OK_Oktagon
28th Jan 2015, 09:21
Try holding RMB down while using Disguise, and you'll see that you become invisible for a few seconds. That's how Disguise should be used since just turning to a human won't fool anyone.

absinthesize
28th Jan 2015, 09:23
uhm...i dunno man

i picked up deceiver

went into a match

first one

12 kills, 3 deaths

second one, 16 kills, 3 deaths

i...really like deceiver, and im using basic loadout, currently saving for infect/shroud to try them out

--Ram--
28th Jan 2015, 09:23
ok i just unlocked it, did the tutorial, did a round in the 4v4, and it was basically useless. If some how they could make it so the disguise wasn't so obvious or maybe make friendly fire a thing so that if people want to deceiver check, they'd risk hurting each other?

Right so one round and you are writing it off? Nice. Disguise gives you 5 seconds of actual invisibility. Get near the human team but out of sight, use this window to approach, then engage before you reach human form. If you use disguise to run around the map in human form it is less than useless, you are correct in that. It gives away your location and the only people who will fall for it are people who don't know this ability exists, or those who pay no attention to what is happening in the game. The rest will cc and kill you the instant you go anywhere near them.

HDHaZmY
28th Jan 2015, 09:39
ok i just unlocked it, did the tutorial, did a round in the 4v4, and it was basically useless

You've unlocked a new class, and then you weren't the best with it for the first time? That's a surprise.

But apart from that, I mostly use disguise only for the invisibility, the disguise itself is only good in chaos in mid of a fight of against new people. Personally, until the summoner is out, the deciever is my favourite, and it is very strong.

Vampmaster
28th Jan 2015, 09:50
I don't find the deceiver too bad at the moment. He's definitely easier to control than the sentinel. I normally use the invisible seconds of Disguise to sneak up behind a human (assume he/she can see you), then maybe sure the human is either stood still or running awar, then use Infect, then immediately activate shroud for it's AoE damage and chase them for as long as I can without them getting away or their teammates focusing me. By then the human can only survive perhaps one more hit without dying. I expect the deceiver to be getting a few new abilities soon, since he doesn't quite have as many as the other vampires.

Sasha_Vykos
28th Jan 2015, 10:54

so that's your incredible feedback after 1 match. Wow. You just don't know how to play it. Why not search for some tutorials on youtube or ask for advices instead of making this post? You can understand that a feedback like this (a class sucks) after 10 minutes of playing is just..not worth.

Btw you basically have to press and hold rmb to remain invisible for some seconds, go in while invisible, use infect/backstab and then use illusions/shroud to create mess and finish opponents if you have the opportunity and your teammates are with you.

Vampmaster
28th Jan 2015, 11:28
But Deceivers do suck...

...blood! :p

Noitatohtori
28th Jan 2015, 11:55
When I unlocked Deceiver, I thought he'd suffer from the same problem as the Spy in TF2; essentially everyone being so paranoid they unload on their teammates whenever there is a Deceiver on the field and you get killed before you even get close to the enemy.

However, this game is not TF2, and from what I've experienced so far, a Deceiver played right is a real pain. With the basic abilities, you can get in close to the enemy with Disguise, Backstab one of them and then cast Illusions; suddenly a swarm of Vampires is throwing a party in your house and you have no idea where they came from. If your allies add to the chaos, the Hunters will be in some real trouble.

Only problem I have with the Deceiver is mind control having such a poor range and being so obvious and easily spotted that it's very difficult to use in my experience. Don't know if others feel the same, and honestly I have no idea how to change it and not make it OP.

mauvo58
28th Jan 2015, 12:01
The Deceiver tutorial should put much more emphasis on using Disguise for invisibility. New players don't know they can use it that way, and don't understand the humans can see them across the map if they use it to soon.

So maybe stop bashing the OP quite so much, I think we can fix cause of his frustration.

Crypsis123
28th Jan 2015, 20:07
ok thanks guise i'll trying out the USEFULL tips.

Cooooop
29th Jan 2015, 01:20
I got infect and shroud. Shroud is cool for some good AOE/DoT, as opposed to the getaway/illusion engage. I'm having trouble landing many Infects due to the long(ish) charge up (similar to backstab), cant really change direction of the infect once you have started charging (unless its just a me problem), let me know how you do with it!

Zulgot
29th Jan 2015, 14:06
Well I made a little suggestion about dominate mind - look it up on the forum :)