PDA

View Full Version : More team info on HUD inc. training wheels for New Recruit:

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2015, 12:51
I was just wondering what people thing about showing things like highlighting teammate's health by color-coding the normally green outline to yellow and red when they get weaker (makes it easier to know who needs help), showing teammate's loadouts on the scoreboard (there's no time to tell each other in chat) and showing arrows at the edge of the minimap for when teammates are outside of it's range. It's kind of frustrating when you spawn too far away from players and their names are too small to see. Maybe the size should have a minimum where it won't get any smaller or put a fixed size dot next to the name and perhaps have that indicate the health some how. What about showing noises on the minimap somehow.

Some of this can be just for new recruit, such as warnings to humans when they move too far from their team and things like arcs for projectiles and jumping. Sort of like training wheels for new players so they're better aware of for both factions are supposed to be used. Maybe even some hints at which enemy your teammate is targeting. I was slightly concerned about all the complaints from new players that vampires are overpowered (when in mid-high level games it's actually humans by a small amount) and was thinking this visual feedback could help in New Recruit and then be disabled again in the regular modes.

EDIT: Ahh, sorry, this should have been in the suggestions forum. Can someone move it?

mauvo58
27th Jan 2015, 13:24
I like that it's easy to see which team mate is taking damaged from the red outline, rather than the outline showing health. I can check health in the top-right if that's important to me. Most the time, I want to know where the Vampires are attacking, rather than where they were.

I agree something that makes new players aware of the all the HUD info would be really valuable. Maybe an extra tutorial on the HUD and team-play.

FireWorks_
27th Jan 2015, 13:24
I dont think overwhelmed players are helped by more overwhelming stuff. Cluttering up the HUD wont assist in getting to know how to counter certain situations.

The only idea I like is to make players visible over the whole map. Spawning on the other end and searching for them is currently annoying.

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2015, 13:38
What about the loadouts? Those would just be on the scoreboard, so they wouldn't really get in the way of anything.

FireWorks_
27th Jan 2015, 15:05
What about the loadouts? Those would just be on the scoreboard, so they wouldn't really get in the way of anything.

Maybe it could be nice, but I doubt it is affecting teamplay. After the first encounter you know it anyway. Or wont know it cause you dont know how to process the information.

It would only solve the current problem that the enemy has not enough tells to distinguish what loadout he is facing. Dont believe it would affect teamplay.

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2015, 15:14
Maybe it could be nice, but I doubt it is affecting teamplay. After the first encounter you know it anyway. Or wont know it cause you dont know how to process the information.

It would only solve the current problem that the enemy has not enough tells to distinguish what loadout he is facing. Dont believe it would affect teamplay.

Oh, I don't think you should be able to see it on enemies. It's part of the gameplay to adapt to what the other team are using, but knowing what your own team can and can't do would only help to coordinate with them.

mauvo58
27th Jan 2015, 15:32
One of the nice thing about seeing load-outs would be; when a human manages to out-run me, I'd be able to see they have fleet-footed and a sprint bonus on their weapon. It would remove the thought they might be cheating which would make me happier.

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2015, 15:47
One of the nice thing about seeing load-outs would be; when a human manages to out-run me, I'd be able to see they have fleet-footed and a sprint bonus on their weapon. It would remove the thought they might be cheating which would make me happier.

You already see your killer's loadout don't you?

mauvo58
27th Jan 2015, 15:54
I don't think you see their Perk or weapon bonuses - but I can't remember for sure. In any case, when they run away they don't usually kill.