PDA

View Full Version : Our next Human class – the Shield Bearer

Saikocat
26th Jan 2015, 18:21
Head to the blog for a look at the next Human class - the Shield Bearer. We run through the history of the class, as well as showing off concept art of the default appearance, and the alternate skins.

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/our-next-human-class-the-shield-bearer

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/374/blog/shield-bearer-sbleathers.jpg

For more on the Shield Bearer, check out our archived livestream!

qjC9F_TpUsw

GreedtheAvaricious
26th Jan 2015, 18:49
This class turns me on.

No homo.

Razaiim
26th Jan 2015, 20:46
That corsair skin is dabes

Vampmaster
26th Jan 2015, 21:11
That corsair skin is dabes

Yeah, that's definately the best one. :)

GenFeelGood
26th Jan 2015, 21:21
Corsair is definitely the best all around. I'm torn between the character and the shield, I like the character from the Ravager's Helmet but I like the shield on the Mark of the Survivor.

Razaiim
26th Jan 2015, 21:43
Question: those are all the weapon alternatives in the concept art as well.

GenFeelGood
26th Jan 2015, 21:49
If that is true then we got 5 weapons to choose from, not 4 like with the others.

Could the shield be the weapon and the flay weapons be the part that is bound to the skin, Please let that be the case.:worship:

PencileyePirate
26th Jan 2015, 21:59
Looks amazing ... but their Tyrant player Morgan is right, the knockdown on shield charge seems really dumb.

Psyonix_Eric
26th Jan 2015, 22:21
If that is true then we got 5 weapons to choose from, not 4 like with the others.

Could the shield be the weapon and the flay weapons be the part that is bound to the skin, Please let that be the case.:worship:
Sorry. The shield is bound to the skin, the axe is bound to the variant of weapon.

GenFeelGood
27th Jan 2015, 03:53
Sorry. The shield is bound to the skin, the axe is bound to the variant of weapon.

It's okay, one more thing to look forward to if mix & match skins ever happens. I can't wait to go toe to toe with this guy against a Tyrant. I hope he says some crude insults and taunts in his quotes.

FireWorks_
27th Jan 2015, 08:21
The shield bearer is the Maggie Simpson of Nosgoth: chop chop

VanikCZ
27th Jan 2015, 09:38
Finally! I said it whole time, humans need tank! :)

lucinvampire
27th Jan 2015, 13:07
Good information in the blog :D really interesting and really like the alternative skins they look cool - much more fitting. Though I'm still not sold on the Shield Bearer name and I 'd still like to officially know how they got magic shields that heal members of their team :p

GenFeelGood
27th Jan 2015, 19:10
Perhaps the magic is derived from pagan rituals.

KrisSean
29th Jan 2015, 01:50
Disappointed to see that no effort was put into where he hides his large supply of Kamas. They just automatically appear in his hand. Even having them connected to a bracer via chain with a retractable "pully" of sorts, or having his stock on the side of his shield within his hand reach. I just want to get this in before he's done and released. I hate magicians in games where they make **** appear from thin air.

GenFeelGood
29th Jan 2015, 04:17
I am absolutely loving the look of these. We finally got someone main lining some serious tattoos, it's straight up yakuza.

Doowie
29th Jan 2015, 07:55
I can't wait to try out this guy. Will be fun to body block some vamps :D

lucinvampire
29th Jan 2015, 13:19
Perhaps the magic is derived from pagan rituals.

initiates of militaristic mystery cults looking for new secrets

My bad – I think this part technically fills that boat so I’ll shut up about it now heh. :p

Disappointed to see that no effort was put into where he hides his large supply of Kamas. They just automatically appear in his hand. Even having them connected to a bracer via chain with a retractable "pully" of sorts, or having his stock on the side of his shield within his hand reach.

Yeah - even if he just had a couple attached to him would improve the believability of it.

Vampmaster
29th Jan 2015, 13:31
My bad – I think this part technically fills that boat so I’ll shut up about it now heh. :p

Yeah - even if he just had a couple attached to him would improve the believability of it.

Maybe the reload anim could have him call/pull the axes back to him or something.