PDA

View Full Version : PROPHET My Issue with the Prophet

Celeress
24th Jan 2015, 22:28
The Prophet is the class I play most and while playing it, I've noticed a few.. iffy things with some of her abilities.

To start, Disabling Curse says "Curse the target area damaging nearby vampires and disabling their abilities for a few seconds." Deals 200 damage, effect lasts 3 seconds. It's pretty much an AoE hex shot (minus the slow). When hitting vampires with it, you see the little "disabled" symbol over their head which should indicate that they can't cast abilities for 3 seconds.. Only problem is.. they can. I don't know if it's certain abilities, or only occurs at certain times, but I've seen Reavers Shadowstep, Sentinels use Takeoff, and things like evade or ignore pain. The Evade/Ignore Pain aren't really a big deal since they can cast that when taking a hex shot as well, and while bola'd.

Not sure if the ability is broken or the description is wrong, but Vampires can cast abilities well before the 3 seconds is up after using disabling curse. Also not really sure if only certain Vampire abilities can still be cast while disabled (excluding abilities like Evade and Ignore Pain)

My next issue with the Prophet is that it's supposed to be a support class but casting Eldritch Guard doesn't give assists :/ I don't know if this is intentional or was overlooked, but if I gave me teammate a little more time to get a kill or just saved them in general, you would think you get assists for that. I don't know how it would work though because right now you receive assists based on how much damage you did to the vampire. If it was a flat amount like 30 exp, I would be casting Eldritch Guard all day. Maybe you should get assist exp based on how much damage the person with the shield did.

So lets say you shield a Hunter and while the Hunter was shielded, he does 500 damage to a vampire but then someone else kills it. The hunter would receive 50 exp from the assist and the prophet that shielded him would receive 25 exp (half his participation).

I don't know if it should take half of a kill as well.
Ex: Prophet shields Hunter, Hunter gets last hit on a vampire and receives 100 exp, Prophet receives 50 exp.

-Konf-
25th Jan 2015, 17:43
My next issue with the Prophet is that it's supposed to be a support class but casting Eldritch Guard doesn't give assists :/ Maybe you should get assist exp based on how much damage the person with the shield did.
I like the idea of a support class as well, but I don't think we should be mixing two very different terms here. While the word "assist" can be interpreted in many ways (and rightfully so) - I don't think we should be confusing "kill participation" and "helping a teammate".

In the example that you described, an unjust situation can occur where you have shielded a teammate, they shot something and landed a kill while you did no damage to the target. Now considering the shielded teammate never took any damage from the vampire they killed - why would you get experience for practically not "assisting" in any way?

That being said, I think I understand where you're coming from. I, too, think that there should be recognition and experience gained through "assisting your team" - e.g. saving their lives with absorbs that the shield provides. The easiest way to do it in my opinion would be the way it is implemented in other games - where actual damage absorbed counts as healing done. And as we know, we already get both experience and score points for healing in this game.

As per disabling curse - never personally played with it as I like other abilities better - but there seemed to be a lot of posts about how it doesn't function the way you would expect it to. So I think it'll eventually get re-adjusted.

SashaWulph
26th Jan 2015, 07:49
Ehh, I though it was just me doing something wrong, but yeah, disabling curse apparently doesn't do anything at all besides the damage. ):

FireWorks_
26th Jan 2015, 09:17
Disabling curse is a known broken ability / bug.

While we discuss things about the prophet. I dont know why a stagger has to cancel the Draining curse AND trigger its cooldown. The animation is already one of the longest in the game and more often than not, I just cant get the spell through.

Also, has the placing bug for both curses been fixed so it doesnt get blocked by other aoe?

Eldritch guard aiming is also extremely broken. More often than not it catches the guy close to me instead of the one I am aiming in the distance.

Cristari
26th Jan 2015, 10:52
Eldritch guard aiming is also extremely broken. More often than not it catches the guy close to me instead of the one I am aiming in the distance.

Eldritch Guard is a royal pain in the wotsit to aim correctly!

It will likely go to the person that moves in front of you after you start charging it rather than the intended target and aiming for someone that has been abducted is equally hard unless there is no one in front of you.

FireWorks_
26th Jan 2015, 13:06
Eldritch Guard is a royal pain in the wotsit to aim correctly!

It will likely go to the person that moves in front of you after you start charging it rather than the intended target and aiming for someone that has been abducted is equally hard unless there is no one in front of you.

The auto aim usually snaps on the first one in the rough right direction.

For sentinels, its mostly the low range of the ability that annoys.

Khalith
26th Jan 2015, 14:42
They did add a "Healing Done" for alchemist/prophet specifically. What if they were to add a "damage absorbed/damage shielded" to the scoreboard for the Shieldbearer and Prophet using the Eldritch Guard?

Psyonix_Corey
26th Jan 2015, 15:47
They did add a "Healing Done" for alchemist/prophet specifically. What if they were to add a "damage absorbed/damage shielded" to the scoreboard for the Shieldbearer and Prophet using the Eldritch Guard?

Next update to scoreboard/stats/etc. is going to combine Heals and Absorbed damage into a category.

Vampmaster
26th Jan 2015, 15:51
Next update to scoreboard/stats/etc. is going to combine Heals and Absorbed damage into a category.

Does that mean we'll get XP for damage absorbed by eldritch shield?

FireWorks_
26th Jan 2015, 16:42

Good news

Also a chance to remove the aimassist from the eldritch guard? Fixing it snapping on the wrong person.

FireWorks_
26th Jan 2015, 22:51

Will this also include damage taking while under "Dominate mind" influence?

-Konf-
28th Jan 2015, 04:52
Will this also include damage taking while under "Dominate mind" influence?
Not sure about that one as it can inflate the numbers quite a bit? While you are facilitating damage dealt to the target, you aren't actually doing it? One could argue that the same concept could apply for Humans - say if your teammates did damage to a bola'd or hexed target.

@Corey
Great news, glad that you guys are fixing even the most minor or things in this game. But while we're at it - any thoughts on improving reliability of Hex disables as sometimes it doesn't function properly?

FireWorks_
28th Jan 2015, 09:03
Not sure about that one as it can inflate the numbers quite a bit? While you are facilitating damage dealt to the target, you aren't actually doing it? One could argue that the same concept could apply for Humans - say if your teammates did damage to a bola'd or hexed target.

Dont know if the numbers would be inflated. Currently a DM user will likely have a very low damage score while strongly improving the one of others (hard to read if he failed or not, the score is low anyway).
DM is a skill that not only disables your target but also you. The 50 damage per sec are laughable. It lives from the things that happen to the victim during/end of the mind control: Standing in choking haze, or some other AoE, or just lining up for a charged hit or other ability of a vampire.
I think a bit credit for that would be ok, cause after a bola, a hunter can still do the damage himself, the deceiver does not.

There was a pretty good thread around august about scoring for support/assisting/crowd controlling. Ill see if I find it.