PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Toxic Visual Effect on Mysterious Weapons is ugly?

Friendly_Kido
24th Jan 2015, 19:18
Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to get two mysterious weapons for scout and prophet recently. :) After days of hardworking gameplay and time, I finally upgraded both weapons to level 4 and unclocked the visual effect. Sadly, both of them were TOXIC! In my opinion, toxic effect's badassness is nothing close to the rest of the ones (i.e. lightning, fire, and frost). Would it be possible for the devs to make it look better? :rolleyes: For example, make the whole weapon glow green instead of a gooey disgusting coating.
I am sure a lot of you agree with me and a lot of you don't. Please comment below about what you think about the toxic visual fx and if you think it should have a visual "upgrade". ;) I am sure the devs would consider this opinion if lots of us make a petition.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/278/blog_large/nosgoth-mystery-alchemist.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vpSeFMJ.jpg?1

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2015, 20:48
I think I've seen the poison effect, but I can't remember where there's a screenshot. Did you intend to put the poison effect in the one you posted, becauase that's the fire one. Maybe it should just use the same colour as the alchemist's poison cloud ability.

Friendly_Kido
24th Jan 2015, 21:03
I couldn't find a screenshot for toxic one, so I just made one myself haha. Just uploaded you can take a look.

ApollosBow
24th Jan 2015, 21:14
ye toxic looks garbage compared to the others....weapons forged from garbage.

Passarbye
24th Jan 2015, 21:16
You'd figure that the toxic effect would use some sort of purple coloration instead of re-using the deceiver's infect effects..

Friendly_Kido
24th Jan 2015, 21:20
I agree Passarbye. That would be a cool idea as well!

DesolatedMaggot
24th Jan 2015, 21:20
I like toxic myself. But then I definitely prefer the subtle effects over something like Fire. Especially for vampires.

HugsFromMomma
24th Jan 2015, 21:43
I have a toxic marathon I call Poopfists. It looks like the Tyrant went elbow-deep in the back end of a cow.

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2015, 23:42
Hmm, that's more like rotten than toxic, with the insects buzzing around. I think something like the alchemists poison cloud would look better.

PencileyePirate
25th Jan 2015, 00:53
Yea ... toxic is gross, easily the ugliest one.

RazielWarmonic
25th Jan 2015, 00:57
Yell at Morgan.
It's his fault.

MORGAN! CHANGE IT.
IT SOUNDS LIKE LITERAL **** AND MAKES IT HARD TO AIM, especially on repeater when flies clutter the screen so much you can't see!

Thanks Morgy.

XOXO
Warmonic

Vampmaster
25th Jan 2015, 02:07
Since we're discussing the MI effects, I just thought I'd mention again that the golden weapons could really use a unique one adding to them. (We did pay a lot for them.)

--Ram--
25th Jan 2015, 04:13
Toxic is kind of the troll effect that people get disappointed with when they unless the final stage in my experience. The only toxic I would want is for deceiver so I can properly bee slap people with real bees.

Yes golden effect on the immortal weapon skins!

SquirrelInDaSky
25th Jan 2015, 06:18
God i hate toxic effect. Whenever i get it i feel like i wasted my time lvlng MI up. I have 15 MI's, 7 of them are toxic. Whenever me or my friends get toxic we laugh at each other.

DesolatedMaggot
25th Jan 2015, 12:03
Yell at Morgan.
It's his fault.

MORGAN! CHANGE IT.
IT SOUNDS LIKE LITERAL **** AND MAKES IT HARD TO AIM, especially on repeater when flies clutter the screen so much you can't see!

Thanks Morgy.

XOXO
Warmonic
Fire effect on a Scout bow can really get in the way as well.

Rago600
25th Jan 2015, 12:48
I like this "Zombie" effect, i dont have it and i know many people dont like it, becaust of the sound that it makes.

Ysanoire
25th Jan 2015, 15:10
God i hate toxic effect. Whenever i get it i feel like i wasted my time lvlng MI up. I have 15 MI's, 7 of them are toxic. Whenever me or my friends get toxic we laugh at each other.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/YsaNoire/58445507_zps7f410aac.jpg

Yeah, I can't say it's my fav effect. I guess I don't dislike it so much on its own, at least it's subtle (the flies are unnecessary tho). But when you have flame, darkness, frost and.... slime, well...

-Konf-
25th Jan 2015, 18:03
Fire effect on a Scout bow can really get in the way as well.
+1

But maybe it'll get addressed by the same graphics option that Corey mentioned they want to introduce to enable reduction of smoke that Alchemist grenade explosions make. That being said, not sure how much of an impact it'll actually have on visual aesthetics of flame effect overall.

As per the topic - definitely the least favourite visual, which trolled me on two items so far. When it was first announced I never imagined it to turn out looking like rust and locusts, but instead I pictured something like Alchemist Poison Cloud with toxic vapours. The sound goes really well with some of the Scouts bows though. When you make a fully charged shot the sound effect feels like an explosion that occurs when a vampire gets blown up, I found that pretty cool.

R3dLine237
25th Jan 2015, 18:13
I have 2 items with that effect it's crappy... i hope they change it to some badass green that is like a poisonous slime smth, and like lightgreen glowing

SquirrelInDaSky
25th Jan 2015, 18:58
Yeah the glowing poison mist-like effect would be much better. Also, the sound the gun makes is very missleading, it sounds like you hit the vampire even if you don't.

selkirie
25th Jan 2015, 20:01
Agreed.

The toxic effect is terrible both for humans and vampires and it simply makes you want to murder little panda babies when you see that dreaded word on the mysterious item

I'd love to see a Blood FX !

ursorlicious
25th Mar 2015, 11:02
worst fx ingame.

thanks,