PDA

View Full Version : **Party Issues** UPDATED!

Saikocat
24th Jan 2015, 16:09
UPDATE BELOW!

Hi everyone,

We are aware of some issues with the Party system. We're investigating these further and working to resolve them, but for now, here is a quick workaround you can try out:

1 - Head to this page, and log in to your account with your email address only (not Steam/Facebook):
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home

2 - Load up this page to check your linked accounts
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/profile/edit/accounts

3 - Unlink your Steam account

4 - Start up Nosgoth

5 - Do not (re)link your account again, for now

Note this workaround may not work in 100% of all cases right now, but we are working to identify and resolve the issue.
We'll keep you posted once this is cleared up fully, and we apologise for any frustration this is causing in the meantime.

Saikocat
27th Jan 2015, 17:54
Hi everyone!

We have pushed a hotfix out to the party and matchmaking servers, to resolve some of the issues you're encountering with Square-Enix Membership Account linking.

Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulties, by posting in this thread. Thank you!

CreeperBomBom
3rd Feb 2015, 12:59
Hey I still have the problem saying that I didn't link my account even thought i have absolutely linked them for 200% sure

I tried unlink and not relinking it and with no doubt I can't join any match making

I have no choice but to relink it but it still say I didn't link my account

Is the problem actually solved?

lucinvampire
3rd Feb 2015, 13:20
Yeah I’m still having issues with invites.

I used to be able to accept invites into lobbies before the last few patches (think it was the last weeks one - not today's one) but since then I'm now unable to accept invites/join friends by invites or join, this is now both in Party and in Lobby. 99% of the time I don't receive an error message, my game will just sit there and not do anything, the other 1% I receive the unable to join party/unable to join friends game error message. If by the slim chance, like I think it’s happened twice since closed beta started my game lets me join a friends party then they start the match and I’m stuck looking at the Party screen, so it still doesn’t function heh. It’s very frustrating as I only tend to play this game with friends now.

I can send invites to Party and lobbies and people can accept and join.

MasterShuriko
4th Feb 2015, 15:06
Still experiencing issues with this aswell. Cant join friends games, cant sign up with a party with my friends either.
The times we managed to form a party we signed up only to get authentication failed , or waiting for host in a public game.
When it fails to put us in the match the game disbands the party and we get authentication failed and party have been disbanded messages.

When I try to join friends lobby that they are in I get the standard message please make sure your steam account is linked to the square enix..

pengamegil
9th Feb 2015, 09:12
I have this issues too but it seems that problem isn't with Square-Enix (even though I have error about linking Enix to Steam while trying to party and I can't find any match in queue). I don't have any problems when I play on my second computer (the same account of course). I reinstalled Nosgoth on my first computer, but it doesn't change anything.
Nobody mention that so maybe it is only me...

Sunsmith
9th Feb 2015, 20:44
hey, we encounter the same problem as described in the post of pengamegil. We have two steam accounts and both play nosgoth and, since this evening, whoever uses the one "faulty" computer always gets this message whereas the other doesn't and it doesn't seem to be linked to the steam accounts themselves either. We haven't encountered this issue before even though we played through alpha and closed beta.

Lomonop
12th Feb 2015, 09:05
hey, we encounter the same problem as described in the post of pengamegil. We have two steam accounts and both play nosgoth and, since this evening, whoever uses the one "faulty" computer always gets this message whereas the other doesn't and it doesn't seem to be linked to the steam accounts themselves either. We haven't encountered this issue before even though we played through alpha and closed beta.

(The "we" Sunsmith is talking about are he and I)
After verifying the game cache in Steam it still didn't work.
After reinstalling the game it still didn't work.
After rebooting the computer it worked (I'm not sure if the other steps were necessary in this case).

Camelbrah
13th Feb 2015, 13:57
Hey, I'm having issues, get the "not connected to party server" error when trying to give or accept invites, and I can't seem to find games. Have never had any issue with any other online game , have already tried relinking, delinking etc...

Stiran
14th Feb 2015, 03:19
unlink the account dont work for me.... im need wait like 10m for get a match D:

Ghosthree3
14th Feb 2015, 06:03
Could you be more specific on the kinds of issues?

Mannichon
15th Feb 2015, 13:09
Not sure if its related but I assume it is.
I only just hit lvl 15, which obviously puts me in a different matchmaking group, games were harder to come by but whatever it didn't bother me. I then added a few players i enjoyed playing with. I was invited to a party in which we just say in 'matchmaking pool.' for over an hour before i decided to try solo. Only now, solo does the same thing. It simply sits at 'In Matchmaking Pool...' I tried unlinking account and it did not work. I've relinked since it was working fine yesterday while linked. Are servers maybe down or is it because of the party?

death-tome
22nd Feb 2015, 11:59
I just got this problem as well today played yestarday just fine logged in today and it was giving me error while jsut trying to solo que tried to pick different server and game mode still did it. hopped on here read this and it seemed to have fixed it for now

Dze5Xeno
23rd Feb 2015, 05:27
It says that I dot have the lvl for that party or something like that and I cant join my friends =S... yes they are a lower lvl than me

Gervhart
1st Mar 2015, 08:14
Doest connect me to the party game servers. Please ensure that your account is linked with square-enix. For real. It is linked, and i relinked it. Guess what changed? Nothing.

shinizzle
13th Mar 2015, 01:41
For 3 days straight the game doesnt connect to the party system on my laptop. On my desktop pc the game just crashes or freezes (another issure but it might be my desktop, its some years old :D) so i wanted to try my laptop which has a better cpu but i cannot invite or be invited. It just says "you are not logged in to the party system.". I tried 2 seperate steam accounts with and without square-enix link. I reinstalled steam and nosgoth uncountable times but the game simply denies my laptop. I dont know what to try anymore... Suggestions?

RainaAudron
13th Mar 2015, 12:12
Hmm... Did it work before? Do you have at least one bought game on steam? It won´t work otherwise.

Cakeophany
26th Mar 2015, 14:57
Hi this problem has basically made the game unplayable for me, I've been merrily meeting up with my mates and we were looking to form a clan up but this has put everything on ice until it can be sorted out.

I've tried verifying the game cache.
I've tried reinstalling the game.
I've tried updating steam.
I've followed the advice in this thread by the OP and variations on that theme (ie, having all my mates unlink their accounts too, see if that helps - it didn't).

My two friends can get online but I can't. This all started with the last update - before that point there were no problems.

I hope something can be worked out. I was starting to get quite into this game.

Vetis1
31st Mar 2015, 22:37
Hi,

Tried the above steps again as suggested, no luck.

Link account shows on the top of the client now but still can't join games. Also tried renaming C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame, along with some and have it re-create and no change. The last thing I tried was renaming steam's appcache folder to force it to update; sadly the same issue.

Vetis1
2nd Apr 2015, 21:30
I can login to the game today, what I did notice was that steam was giving me a 130 error (I didnt try to load the steam store etc before now). Reset IE lan settings to default then made sure LAN was set to auto detect and I got into a game. Unsure what the fix was but going into run and typing inetcpl.cpl and making sure its set to auto detect LAN settings may help.

shinizzle
2nd Apr 2015, 22:43
just to reply (i know im late :D) the game works now on my laptop (party issures somehow resolved themselves) and on the desktop it doesnt crash anymore (HDD was very slow :D changed that now it works)

ParsDiv
17th Apr 2015, 17:59
my Friend has the same issue,

Lavamancer
2nd Dec 2015, 14:32
Still not fixed?

Oghamsmith
2nd Dec 2015, 15:39
In general, it has been. It looks like there might have been a slight Steam Friends outage earlier today. It seems to have recovered now though.

INotCreative
26th Mar 2016, 15:21
Not sure if its related but I assume it is.
I only just hit lvl 15, which obviously puts me in a different matchmaking group, games were harder to come by but whatever it didn't bother me. I then added a few players i enjoyed playing with. I was invited to a party in which we just say in 'matchmaking pool.' for over an hour before i decided to try solo. Only now, solo does the same thing. It simply sits at 'In Matchmaking Pool...' I tried unlinking account and it did not work. I've relinked since it was working fine yesterday while linked. Are servers maybe down or is it because of the party?

I have had the same problem I had not played the game for a while until yesterday me and some friends played they were new to the game (lvl 1) and I was lvl 10 after about an hour of trying to get all of us into one party we started a match and I was able to play just fine but now if I start looking for a match it just says "'In Matchmaking Pool..." I know this issue is very old and the admins say they fixed it but, I believe I have the same problem and I have ensured that my game is running on the latest update and have tried unlinking my account but the my launches has a "Bad Gateway Error" I know that this game is not fully released but I would still love to play this game I really enjoy it if anybody knows a fix to this please tell me!

INotCreative
26th Mar 2016, 16:14
Oh! One other thing after around 10 minutes of waiting a message appears that says "There was a problem connecting to the party system servers. Please ensure your Steam account is linked to your Square Enix membership account and try again."

Gavinator252
27th Mar 2016, 19:45
So I unlinked and now the launcher does not stop checking for a linked account. Nice one

Captain3009
28th Mar 2016, 08:23
Ok, guys, you have to fix this launcher/party system ASAP.

My friend and I were "trying" to play last night. IT WAS A DISASTER.
It took almost 2 hours to make a party of two, and then we could play one game, we left the lobby for a new one and our party was broken again, and again it took us almost 1 hour to make a new one. I can't even remember all the problems we had, so many.

Lets begin with all the problems:

My friend invites me, i accept, nothing happens on my side, on my friends side i showed lvl 1, so need to restart.
Again new invite, i accept, the game crashes completely, restart.
After restart i launch the launcher, getting a white or a black launcherwindow (launcher is not loading), again restart.
My mate also restart everytime otherwise the partysystem thinks we still in party and invites are not working.
Oh yeah and thats not all, at some point after a million restarts when i launch the launcher a get a white screen with the error "502 BAD GATEWAY"
After restarting the launcher for like 4 or 5 times then i get ingame. pfffff.

At last after more than three hours and one game we managed to make a party of two and then we just stayed in the lobby because we knew if we leave the lobby it would crash again. Only that way we could play some games.

So, bottomline here is if you guys wanna make some money with this game you have to mobilize everyone at SE and Psyonix to fix this BIG problem.

Thank you.

Roy644
28th Mar 2016, 15:55

It took almost 2 hours to make a party of two, and then we could play one game, we left the lobby for a new one and our party was broken again, and again it took us almost 1 hour to make a new one. I can't even remember all the problems we had, so many.

My friend invites me, i accept, nothing happens on my side, on my friends side i showed lvl 1, so need to restart.
After restart i launch the launcher, getting a white or a black launcherwindow (launcher is not loading), again restart.
My mate also restart everytime otherwise the partysystem thinks we still in party and invites are not working.
Oh yeah and thats not all, at some point after a million restarts when i launch the launcher a get a white screen with the error "502 BAD GATEWAY"

At last after more than three hours and one game we managed to make a party of two and then we just stayed in the lobby because we knew if we leave the lobby it would crash again. Only that way we could play some games.

So, bottomline here is if you guys wanna make some money with this game you have to mobilize everyone at SE and Psyonix to fix this BIG problem.

Thank you.

Exactly the same problem for me and ALL my friends. Literally impossible to make a party with them. And even when I'm alone, between black launcher, "bad gateway" error, black loading screen, "please connect blabla" error... The game is a mess.

You hear that SE ? STOP TRYING TO FORCE THAT LAUNCHER ON US. Don't you see it's NOT working ? God... Are you so eager to implement this system that you're willing to sabotage the game ? WAKE UP DAMMIT. I've been more than patient, more than civil, now it's just too much. Show some respect if you want us to play this game and respect your decisions.

Manastis
2nd Apr 2016, 11:21

Thank you.

Awwww yeah exactly that!

Its a pain a real pain to play together .. we was once 6 friends playing together.. now nothing .. we play alone or what most of us did we changed the game.
Playing with 2 ppl? lol good luck .. if u have luck its 1 match. Once ! we managed to make a 4 ppl group we was happy.. then we wanted to search and the system thought we was 5 ppl and did not let us play.. GG all restart again. But we did it in the end, played 1 game but the fail we went out of the lobby because it was empty.
Aaand the system said we was 5 ppl again .. so we said ****it and played something else.

PLS fix it as fast as possible.. we like the game and want to play it again.. normal ..

Roy644
2nd Apr 2016, 11:34
Yeah... Basically what I'm asking for 2 weeks now. No answer regarding a fix or even an acknowledgment of the problem with parties. Me and my friends just stopped playing, the way all of this is handled is a cosmic joke

Rago600
2nd Apr 2016, 11:55
I get the Message that my account is not linked to my Square enix account everyday, after link und unlinking my account for Days i loose interest in Playing, this is such a annoying bullpoo lobby sytem !
Yes ! Nosgoth is my Game but the last half year it ist a Bug-fest.
Performance improoved wich is nice, but the Game itself is so borked up.
-Shame

Roy644
7th Apr 2016, 11:00
Still no answer from the team ? Is it ever gonna be possible to create parties again ?

_Vole_
7th Apr 2016, 11:29
There is different attempts out there to make the parties work again.
The last and most promising I heard was the following:
- Create a private match
- All players you want to make a party with should join that private lobby
- All leave the lobby
- Invite your friends to your party

In any case, just ignore the message about the "not linked accounts". We all get them a lot lately.

Roy644
7th Apr 2016, 14:16
- Create a private match
- All leave the lobby

In any case, just ignore the message about the "not linked accounts". We all get them a lot lately.

Oh never tried that. Seems like a voodoo "fix" but it's worth a try, thanks. And regarding the "accounts not linked" message, it's actually hard to ignore, for me and my buddies at least, because when it appears, we get kicked out of matchmaking if we try to launch a search. Several restarts are needed when this happens. Classic Nosgoth experience

lucinvampire
7th Apr 2016, 15:28
- Create a private match
- All leave the lobby

Yeah though sadly I can get another set of bugs with private “not part of the party server” “matchmaking…” “joining server…can’t join” I tend to have as much issues with private as I do parties atm which is very sad. Next time I can’t make the party, I’ll give this one a try, thank you for sharing! :)