PDA

View Full Version : Game unplayable trough annoying online join/leave interruptions [ FIX needed]

dandins
24th Jan 2015, 08:50
First of all - Its totaly inexplicable for me how the developers can throw this on the market.

Some online magazins (tester) gave really bad ratings for the game because of their bad experience with the online player search.

It could happen any time you play a level - a random player interrupts can access any time and resets the last few minuts of you progress. This is not ecceptable. (And I know that the level adjusts itself the number of player - but there needs to be something that limits this CHAOS)

for example 1: only at the beginning of the level when you stand in a marked area - others can join.
this should be fix: Leaving should be blocked and only if a players leaves through closing a game the progress can be reseted to adjust the level. (but that should be an exeption).

for example 2: a option in your menu lets you search for players (again in marked area at the beginning of a level) or let you search for other players for certain levels.
again this should be fix: Leaving should be blocked and only if a players leaves through closing a game the progress can be reseted to adjust the level. (but that should be an exeption).

I guess there are tons of other solutions for this - but for now online coop is unplayable and i cant recommend this game to anyone. (since online random player search is a important feature - not everyone has 4 friends at home at the same time - this maybe hapens once in 1 or 2 month to me and i dont have them here for this game/dont even wanna buy 4 controllers since you rarely use them... but I think players know these problems.)

edit: its even worse that a new joining player is able to block the characters you played all the time. extreme frustrating. fix needed. a new joining player should choose between the free characters.

please understand this as serious and alarming feedback

Treeble
25th Jan 2015, 11:53
edit: its even worse that a new joining player is able to block the characters you played all the time. extreme frustrating. fix needed. a new joining player should choose between the free characters.

This I definitely agree. It's kinda funny because every newcomer to a party always wants Lara. I've been playing regularly with a friend and we've pretty much settled with other characters (he plays as Isis, and I take every chance I can to use Carter), but the other random people are likely to stay both on LC until one of them yields and picks Horus (usually quitting a few minutes later)...

It's a good thing there are plenty of checkpoints so not much is lost when a new player comes in, but it'd be great help if late-joining people would stay on a "spectate" mode until the whole party returns to the Overworld or something like that.