PDA

View Full Version : Day/night cycle?...

calypso-694
24th Jan 2015, 06:06
I didn't really know where to post or ask this BUT...I just noticed something awesome in the first announcement trailer, going back and watching it I noticed different versions of the maps, specifically the time of day it was. in Freeport there was a day version where the sun is just peeking over the horizon and a cloudy overcast about to rain version but still in the day. I Valeholm there was a cloudy foggy version as well as the sunset we know and a clear sky day version. it made me think of how awesome it would be for a a Day/night cycle or perhaps before we start he match we all vote for being it day, night, morning, sunset etc. now some of you might be saying but wait... vampires die in the sun. Not in the LOK universe, they only get weakened by it. then you might say well if they are weakened by it then wont thee abilities be useless? technically yes, but in game you have cooldown timers. boom simple as that. I understand that the trailer is alpha footage and they obviously changed to what they are now but still...would be pretty neat.

Here is the trailer to so you guys can see what imtalking about. you might have to pause because they fly by really quickly...pun intended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpMhMfnTuQ

the lands are so beautiful.
P.S / off topic a bit...can someone with good photoshop skills, or any, help me make a signature? I want something cool and nosgothian but at the same time help get the word out and support Between The Zones(the band I work with and moderate and design for) the bandcamp link is in my sort of signature already...any takers?

Passarbye
24th Jan 2015, 21:26
Well, I think the main reason the maps feature an eclipse now is because in the SR1 cannon vampires literally die when exposed to harsh light (think about the scene with the first dumahim in the game).
I would like a day/night system, but it really isn't needed as long as the lighting in every map is good. The new Crucible map looks a bit darker than the rest though, so we'll see how that goes!

Lord_Aevum
24th Jan 2015, 22:09
now some of you might be saying but wait... vampires die in the sun. Not in the LOK universe, they only get weakened by it.

As Passarbye says, these vampires of Nosgoth actually do (or should) explode into flames in direct sunlight. Most adults have resistance, but it was stated that the current playable characters have just barely been sired.

enkaku-silence-
24th Jan 2015, 22:36
I guess the eclipse on every map could also be some kind of leftover from LoK: Dead Sun since Nosgoth evolved from the multiplayer-part of that unfortunately cancelled game.

Lord_Aevum
24th Jan 2015, 23:11
I guess the eclipse on every map could also be some kind of leftover from LoK: Dead Sun since Nosgoth evolved from the multiplayer-part of that unfortunately cancelled game.

Wooooo, it be ye olde ghost!

calypso-694
24th Jan 2015, 23:26
ah I forgot about the first dumahim encounter in SR. still it would be nice. I do like the eclipse in game and it makes sense how vampires can have the quick skirmishes during an eclipse (which in itself lasts about 10 to 15 min in reality) but ugh SUN!! that image of Freeport with an early morning sun is amazing