PDA

View Full Version : Random Newbie Feedback

JudgeScootaloo
24th Jan 2015, 01:32
After playing for a few hours, reading some guides and doing what I can to improve... here's random feedback.

Server/Lag (8/10)
Speaking as someone who, no matter which server, will get 200-250+ ping, I'd say it's quite okay if I'm not meant to be carrying the team. It's actually quite good.
-1. Lack of a better matchmaking system to sort by latency rather than server. (I have no server that fits my region...)
-1. Lack of an appropriate server for my region.

Matchmaking (5/10)
It's not bad, but I can't really say it's any good, either.

Gear Balance/P2W (X)
Can't tell the difference. Too scrub.

Mechanics (9.5/10)
-0.5. I think it's pretty great but lag takes away a little bit of coordination. Not actually a mechanics problem.

Services (ingame voip) (2/10)
It's very, very bad. Not the worst, so it gets 2 points! :D

Community (7.5/10)
-2. Too quiet for most players.
-0.5. Lack of coordination in pugs. This is expected and partially the fault of the lack of a proper voip.

Overall, game gets a 9/10 from this random scrub.
I hope to keep playing but I'm unfortunately a very sore loser and eventually I will have lost consecutive matches enough times due to problems that I cannot overcome or should not expect from a game designed to be cooperative.

--Ram--
24th Jan 2015, 02:50
I came here expecting to see the typical uninformed knee-jerk opinions held by many new players after they have a bad game or two and need to vent. I was pleasantly surprised, this is actually a pretty fair depiction of the game as it stands and I'm impressed that you held off commentary on balance given your newbie status.:thumb:

I definitely agree that the in-game voip is very lacklustre at the moment, and I really hope it gets some looking at soon. It is a pretty critical feature of a team based game and is all but useless in it's current state. The quality of games as a whole and the ability for vets to help out newbies would increase exponentially if we could communicate properly.

-Konf-
24th Jan 2015, 11:33
-0.5. Lack of coordination in pugs. This is expected and partially the fault of the lack of a proper voip.
Good Sir, you are too kind! But then again, taking points away for the way people play (while learning the game) isn't really fair.

But overall, like Ram said, surprised to see an actual objective review rather than a poorly informed rage thread.

I'm sure both matchmaking and voice will get looked at, while I wish you luck with getting local servers eventually!

JudgeScootaloo
24th Jan 2015, 12:54
But then again, taking points away for the way people play (while learning the game) isn't really fair.

That's very subjective, of course.
A (slightly inaccurate) explanation would be in the case of attitude.
In a game where working together improves the experience for all, coincidental non-cooperative players are (inadvertently) being 'destructive'. (Similar but definitely not the same as newbie trolls, raging pros, etc.)

I can't fault them for it, of course, but I'd definitely rate the community slightly less enjoyable for it.

Cheers.

TL;DR
Play how you want : Cool.
Playing how you want while disrupting other players : Not so cool.
(Extremely non-precise analogy ; difference between playing like a newbie and playing like a script kiddie.)

TaticalRhino810
24th Jan 2015, 18:26
This game is pissing me off keeps saying cant connect to server.Make sure your Steam account is linked with your Sqyare Enix account and the **** is.Smh wtf dude..Somebody please help me out.