PDA

View Full Version : BOTH FACTIONS Team Balancing

Loveless1s
22nd Jan 2015, 22:06
Over half time, the balancing system seems to put all the more experienced players on one team and pit them against the newbies.
It would also help with faction balancing, if the humans had some form of melee class[swordsman, mace, etc...] or tank to compete with the vampires' pounce ability. As it stands, a well timed "team pounce" can wipe out the humans with no chance of countering or reacting, resulting in worst case a flawless victory.

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 22:14
This is not left4dead where a pounce has an endless face scratching. It ends after 2secs.

Loveless1s
22nd Jan 2015, 23:54
When the entire team is pounced simultaneously it disorients and divides the group making it op. Is the point I was trying to make, sorry if I didn't say that right.

SquirrelInDaSky
23rd Jan 2015, 01:14
Every simultanious attack leaves the other team disoriented and disabled, that's the whole concept of the game. Also, pounce is the ****tiest ability in vamp arsenal.

Ysanoire
23rd Jan 2015, 01:26
When the entire team is pounced simultaneously it disorients and divides the group making it op. Is the point I was trying to make, sorry if I didn't say that right.

Is it better when the entire team is simultaneously kidnapped, charged/jumped on and mind-dominated?

Loveless1s
23rd Jan 2015, 02:42
Good point, but I still think it'd be nice to have a human melee. and the part about the uneven matchmaking stands.

--Ram--
23rd Jan 2015, 03:30
Over half time, the balancing system seems to put all the more experienced players on one team and pit them against the newbies.
It would also help with faction balancing, if the humans had some form of melee class[swordsman, mace, etc...] or tank to compete with the vampires' pounce ability. As it stands, a well timed "team pounce" can wipe out the humans with no chance of countering or reacting, resulting in worst case a flawless victory.

once you are more familiar with the game you will realise that pounce is not overly strong, there are many counters to it. It can be dodged with a roll, it gives away your position, it is interrupted by damage, you can be hexed/bola'd during the leap, you can be focus fired to oblivion while eating the persons face. Also new players play reaver as if pounce is the only thing they can do, so you will encounter a lot of it. Which is fine, just work on your awareness and dodging. This "team pounce" strategy sounds like it would work, but it just doesn't.

There will never be a pure melee human nor should there be.

-Konf-
23rd Jan 2015, 16:49
1. As people said, you'll realise that Pounce isn't that strong.

2. Unfair match making - that point is accurate, it happens at times especially that veteran players like to play in groups. The game is in beta and the system isn't finished yet. It'll get better with time and with more people playing the game, all of us have went through this. Sadly, there is no magical solution apart from sticking with the game as it develops.

3. Human "tank" class.
As a Vampire, why would you ever in your right mind attack a "tank"? Just kill an easier target, plenty of those around? This is how I see a Human melee class work out in this game:

"Oh, my teammate is being attacked by a Deceiver - to the rescue! Hold on friend, I'm almost there! Oh no, you died while I was running, but don't worry, I'll avenge you and finish off this creature that you almost killed. Never mind, they just climbed the roof. I'll stand around and wait for my lucky chance to hit anything I guess. You can kill my teammates but my dream still lives!"

That being said, the new upcoming Human class seems to have a tankier toolkit and will be able to hold his ground up close. However, he will shoot one way or another as a main damage source. Developers have stated that a pure melee Human class will never exist and besides that I think it will never work in the settings of this game.

Loveless1s
24th Jan 2015, 01:09
1- I have, at this point, come to realize that pounce isn't all that op.

2- I only mention unfair matchmaking because this is a beta game, this was simply feedback.

3- A tank class would be useful if the others on your team had the sense to stay in the group (because as human, who in their right mind would run off on their own), as you could intercept anything incoming for the weaker players.

CPG_Tidus
24th Jan 2015, 05:46
Matchmaking is derpy atm it seems even in the levels 1-10 section. An organized vamp team can split and defeat the humans organized, humans can still over come the vamps its all skill there to me. Full pounce wont work because of the alchemist flash bomb if they take one on the team

Loveless1s
2nd Feb 2015, 05:58
We actually getting a melee human :3

-Konf-
2nd Feb 2015, 06:30
We actually getting a melee human :3
He's not a melee class... Your main damage source is still shooting - throwing axes in this case - which are similar to Alchemists grenades in a sense where they aren't too good at range, need to be timed and have a slight arch.

He is designed to be more durable in close range, yes. You get a block mechanic and a primary ability that's usable in meelee range at the expense of not having direct crowd-control and area-of-effect abilities that Humans generally possess in their kit. Think tanky Alchemist without explosions.

Loveless1s
2nd Feb 2015, 08:42
I see, at least he has the (tank-ish) shield. that pretty much covers all I wanted a tank to do. Thanks for the heads up btw, I should've checked the main post instead of just facebook.