PDA

View Full Version : STORE Suggestion: Gift option for packs/items.

Khalith
22nd Jan 2015, 13:56
This is something that I just thought of, can we get an option for this? Seems like it would be a nice option now that we have open beta and people have friends coming in to play the game that might not have been able to obtain a closed beta key for whatever reason.

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 14:00
Trading is a feature they spoke about for the future with crafting etc.

If you want to give packs to someone, do it via steam. Buy it as gift and gift it to the person you desire.

Khalith
22nd Jan 2015, 14:10
Trading is a feature they spoke about for the future with crafting etc.

If you want to give packs to someone, do it via steam. Buy it as gift and gift it to the person you desire.

Can we gift packs and other items via Steam? It's not something I've ever done, I really only use Steam to play Nosgoth. I never looked at what else we can do with it.

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 14:25
Items inventory is technically possible. A lot of games do that via steam and there are HUGE, REALLY HUGE game economies behind them involving real money transactions. There is also the "steam market" where you can buy and sell items.

However that is not implemented for nosgoth and with SE in the boat, I dont know if it will ever come.

For things that can be purchased on steam itself though, you are good to go.
When you want to buy something, you get asked if you want it for yourself or another person. If you say another person, you can decide to gift it directly or keep the present in your steam inventory for later use.
It is a common practice by publishers to offer a "4pack" for you to buy and 3gifts included for other friends to get them to the game (like might have planned).

Look a bit around in the various steam areas... There is a lot to discover besides that they take away all your privacy :)