PDA

View Full Version : Item Levels

AriocM
22nd Jan 2015, 07:52
I was awarded a Hand Cannon with had 3 levels of locked perks. Each level required the weapon gain experience and level up to unlock the perks. I've also been given a Blue Hand Cannon and seen the postive/negative perks on it already unlocked (although it seems the Blue Hand cannon has limited uses and must be recharged for a paltry sum after substantial use).

What is this item that I have to level up? Is it worth leveling it up if the blue hand cannon has identical perks/stats?

Do green items have the same stats as blue items?

Is there a thread or link someone can direct me to where the item types/rarities are displayed? I tried to do forum searches and checked the sticky threads but couldn't find anything regarding item rarity types and leveling items.

Thanks for your help guys!

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 08:21
As far as I am aware there is no guide yet that includes all the stat changes possible, but here are the answers to your other questions:

In general:
Green, called "Uncanny" - has 1 Bonus/Malus stat combo. They come from silver chests, class rewards at lvs 5, 10, 15, 20 and random drops after a match.
Blue, called "Arcane" - has 2 Bonus/Malus stat combos. They are currently only obtainable from gold chests and as class rewards at lvs 5, 10, 15, 20.
Greyish, called "Mysterious" - like the blue arcane with 2 stat combo, but with an extra special grafic effect (FX) on the weapon for humans and claws on the vampires. However these stats have to be obtained by leveling the weapons, unlike with green and blue versions. In most most cases it is worth it :D

The possible combos are the same for all weapons.

Here is a video of a playlist with some of the effects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3FvMQvv0k&list=PLzF96T4GEyp4bH0bO3URkOsJ3jrUIfrqK&index=6

The stat combos are meant to be true side grades. For each positive effect, they get a negative one. Some stats are nicer for certain weapons but the overall it is working out. A few stats like +/-health could be reworked though. Overall the sidegrade is working out and the normal weapons are a very viable choice, I still use most of the default weapons after over 700hours.

Obisher
22nd Jan 2015, 08:39
I would just like to point out that it's possible to get green and blue items from class reward bags (you get them after you get your class to lvl 5, 10, 15, 20) as well. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think blue items can be random drops as well.

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 09:38
I would just like to point out that it's possible to get green and blue items from class reward bags (you get them after you get your class to lvl 5, 10, 15, 20) as well. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think blue items can be random drops as well.

Didnt remember the reward, thanks. Ill edit it :)

Dont believe blue can drop though. Before the mysterious items, only greens could drop.

EDIT: Brings up the question: Can MIs be in the reward bags?

Sanguise23
22nd Jan 2015, 13:51
i have seen blues drop since MIs were introduced

Ysanoire
22nd Jan 2015, 16:41
What is this item that I have to level up? Is it worth leveling it up if the blue hand cannon has identical perks/stats?

I'd say it's worth it. If nothing else, you'll have a goal to work towards. The stats will probably be different than your blue weapon and there's a visual effect on the weapon that you may like.

AriocM
25th Jan 2015, 09:44
Thanks for the info guys. I do wish this info was in game, perhaps as a (?) icon in the upper right of the card to bring up a UI window outlining Common/Uncommon/Rare/Mysterious... I know this is a thing in many shooters like tf2 but it's kinda new to me.

I recently got the Mysterious Kidnap for the Sentinel. Anyone have a video on what the FX look like? The FX don't seem to play till you've fully leveled the weapon up.

AriocM
25th Jan 2015, 09:48
And yes, the bonuses/penalties of the Mysterious do differ from the green and blue. So it's not just a progression of 1 bonus 2 bonus 3 bonus. As a player who NEEDS goals to keep me playing, I really do love having classes/profile/items to level individually for some sort of graphical reward. That is the carrot that keeps the mostly single player/mmo player like myself interested in a team shooter. I keep the team keeps giving us little surprise rare rewards from match drops, even if they're small fluff items or ultra-rare re-tints of the default skin. I'd love it just to give me a small goal on top of exp/gold to go for.

Rago600
25th Jan 2015, 13:02
There are different types of "mysterious Effects"

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/page/9 look here if you want to know more