PDA

View Full Version : A note about Double XP

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 21:07
Hi everyone!

In relation to our Double XP for the Open Beta launch week:

Please note the boost isn't displaying in the game client (for instance with a popup/notifier), but you are earning it on the backend. It should reflect when you finish matches and return to the game menu (front-end).

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2015, 21:17
So, it doesn't even appear on the match result screen? That could be what I was seeing on Sunday if the regular boosters have the same issue.

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 21:28
Indeed. There's no popup or indicator there for now (it's something we'll have in the future) to show off that it's doubling the XP.

Ysanoire
22nd Jan 2015, 01:55
Is it intended that double xp doesn't add to our weapons? Because it looks like it doesn't.

FireWorks_
22nd Jan 2015, 08:06
Is it intended that double xp doesn't add to our weapons? Because it looks like it doesn't.

I was under the same impression.

absfabulous
23rd Jan 2015, 09:40
And what about the boosters? They don't seem to work either.

FireWorks_
23rd Jan 2015, 12:00
Can someone else put this to the test and write down figures? Best with screenshots? Sorry I got the max levels on acc n classes already.

Vampmaster
23rd Jan 2015, 12:50
And what about the boosters? They don't seem to work either.

I think this is happening to me too. From what Cat said, it looks like the effect of the boosters don't show until you go back to your profile either.

Saikocat
23rd Jan 2015, 12:56
Boosters work as they normally do, and the double Xp from the event adds after that, on the backend. I/we tested the double XP and stacking though and they were working fine. It just isn't very clear as there is no new UI in place to show off that you got the extra XP, as if it's a booster, but is something we'll work on for the future.

It's just player XP so not on items, I'm afraid, as it currently works.

Vampmaster
23rd Jan 2015, 13:02
Boosters work as they normally do, and the double Xp from the event adds after that, on the backend. I/we tested the double XP and stacking though and they were working fine. It just isn't very clear as there is no new UI in place to show off that you got the extra XP, as if it's a booster, but is something we'll work on for the future.

It's just player XP so not on items, I'm afraid, as it currently works.

Does it work in all modes and for things other than kills? I had a 100% XP booster equipped last night and I'm sure I was still getting 100 XP per kill in flashpoint. It was more when I returned to the frontend, but that's only taking into account the bonus for this week and not the booster itself. I can try to take some screenshots tonight, but I'm not good at making videos and have nowhere to host them right now.

absfabulous
23rd Jan 2015, 13:07
So how is this possible? I've tested the booster (100% xp and money +25% for teammates) for several games. Example: There are 12k on my account. After 1 game (win) I have 12.091 and teammates didn't get the booster either. So where is the extra money? I purchaced this booster for a month. 7 days have passed and I didn't get one single boost.

Saikocat
23rd Jan 2015, 15:41
Does it work in all modes and for things other than kills? I had a 100% XP booster equipped last night and I'm sure I was still getting 100 XP per kill in flashpoint. It was more when I returned to the frontend, but that's only taking into account the bonus for this week and not the booster itself. I can try to take some screenshots tonight, but I'm not good at making videos and have nowhere to host them right now.

The double XP one won't show in the frontend, but you should see the difference with the booster. If not, get in touch with support just in case there's a problem with your booster. When I was last equipped mine for testing it was showing correctly for me.
http://support.nosgoth.com

Darkrami
24th Jan 2015, 11:36
is the double XP just for the overal level or also for classes and weapons and if it is for just overal level does that mean that level 40 players can't celebrate the open beta ;) with xp bonus ?

Saikocat
24th Jan 2015, 14:32
The XP applies to your overall level, and the level on your class (but not on items).

Ysanoire
25th Jan 2015, 15:51
The XP applies to your overall level, and the level on your class (but not on items).

Thanks for clarifying. That's a shame though. Since I'm all maxed out I don't have much use for double xp except in levelling my items. If it were at all possible to change that for future events that would be grand. *hopes*

Saikocat
26th Jan 2015, 11:11
In the future we'll be able to do more with events, down the line :)