PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - January 21st Update

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 15:49
Open Beta

The Nosgoth Open Beta is live at 6pm GMT / 10am PST!
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-open-beta-begins-play-now

Game Bundles

New game bundles are now available in the store

Game Modes

New Recruit: Now available up to level 15
TDM: Accessible to everyone
Flashpoint: Now available for players above level 5

Flashpoint

Base time limit reduced to 5 min 30 seconds (was 6 minutes)
Time earned per point capture reduced to 60 seconds (was 75)
Human respawn delay increased to 15 seconds (was 12)
Reduced intensity and volume of capturing sound FX
Performance optimization for capture point cannons to reduce framerate impact on some PCs

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that rarely caused servers to get stuck in a bad state that would result in the “Host’s team is full” error
Fixed issues with the in-game HUD not displaying correctly localized text
Fixed a collision issue that arose with the latest updates to The Fane map
Parties larger than the maximum team size of a playlist can no longer search for that playlist

MasterShuriko
21st Jan 2015, 15:51
iiiiiieeeeeeeh! Its happening! :D

FireWorks_
21st Jan 2015, 15:52
It's happening!

EDIT: Doh, too slow. Shuriko was faster :D

MasterShuriko
21st Jan 2015, 15:54
It's happening!

EDIT: Doh, too slow. Shuriko was faster :D

*Victory fist* :D

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 16:02
We're still in maintenance for now, but I'll let you know once we're out and you can play. Sqqqquueeeeee!

Obisher
21st Jan 2015, 16:03
Game Bundles

New game bundles are now available in the store

The Dumahim and Turelim banners are awesome!!! Too bad there's no other way of obtaining them :(
Also, I noticed Hunter pack contains a picture of a new ability. What is that? Patch notes don't mention any new abilities.

Varulven
21st Jan 2015, 16:04
*Runs in circle, giggling like an idiot*
Gnihihihihi, I can't wait :D

Captain3009
21st Jan 2015, 16:06
It's after 5pm cet, plaese say maintenance is over....:D

MasterShuriko
21st Jan 2015, 16:08
The Dumahim and Turelim banners are awesome!!! Too bad there's no other way of obtaining them :(
Also, I noticed Hunter pack contains a picture of a new ability. What is that? Patch notes don't mention any new abilities.

Probably Tar grenade that have been circulating the forums =D

eXmoRtiZ
21st Jan 2015, 16:09
PLEASE LET ME IN T_T . I NEED TO PLAY!!! 2 DAYS WAS FAR TOO MUCH. :D

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2015, 16:15

Where did you see those if the patch isn't out yet? Were they in the trailer?

Varulven
21st Jan 2015, 16:17
At the store section of the Website ;)

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2015, 16:20
At the store section of the Website ;)

Ah, thanks Varulven. :) I hope they can be bought individually. Or better still, at a bulk discount.

Captain3009
21st Jan 2015, 16:22
I hope you can buy the banners separately.

--Ram--
21st Jan 2015, 16:26
Tar bomb confirmed. Maybe.

Loving everyone's reaction to the packs, banner madness has spread far and wide it seems. :nut: (Myself included)

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 16:33
We're still in maintenance mode for now while we get the update out, I'll post an update here once we're back online.

IZEDxI
21st Jan 2015, 16:39
Any ETA on when that is gonna be? I know you definetly want it to be working at 7 pm, so the open beta starts at least without conflicts. But having access to it before that would be awesome :D

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 16:54
I'll let you know as soon as I have an ETA for you guys, but it'll be before that.
But don't worry, I'll be here all evening either way! :)

FireWorks_
21st Jan 2015, 17:01
I'll let you know as soon as I have an ETA for you guys, but it'll be before that.

I wanted to make a typo pun with the Captain steering us through the troubled waters, but it turned out to be going the wrong way :(

Glad youre with us :)

Psyonix_Corey
21st Jan 2015, 17:04
The icon on the Hunter bundle is just Grenade guys =p

-Konf-
21st Jan 2015, 17:08
Like a few people in this thread mentioned, looks like Tar Bomb that has been talked about when people dug it up in the game files. That being said, there was a confirmation on twitter that the icon is there by mistake and supposed to be [Whip] instead... But what has been seen can never been unseen, Corey :p

Also, Saikocat, I know it's super early but please put me out of my misery... Are you guys considering or have any plans about selling class banners (for all 12 classes eventually, when all get designed) separately in the game store? :)

IZEDxI
21st Jan 2015, 17:09

What about the Slowsand thing next to it? :D

--Ram--
21st Jan 2015, 17:11

Tar grenade confirmed :P

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 17:13
We'll fix that image, there's supposed to be a Whip icon on there!

IZEDxI
21st Jan 2015, 17:21

Do you at least know if the servers are gonna start (or are planned to be started) with normal open beta launch in 40 minutes? Or is there a chance that I might take longer than this?

Captain3009
21st Jan 2015, 17:37
23 Minutes to go...tik tak...:D

FireWorks_
21st Jan 2015, 17:46
Servers are working! gogogo!!!

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 17:47
We're back online now! If anyone runs into issues connecting to any matches/lobbies, please share your server number (eg EU300123) with us.

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2015, 17:48
We're back online now! If anyone runs into issues connecting to any matches/lobbies, please share your server number (eg EU300123) with us.

And there was much rejoicing!

Cristari
21st Jan 2015, 19:25
What have you done to Matchmaking! OMG!

Saikocat
21st Jan 2015, 21:08
We've made some adjustments/improvements, but if you have any specific comments or questions, let us know!

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2015, 21:11
What have you done to Matchmaking! OMG!

Is it better or worse? I'm still downloading things.

Louves
21st Jan 2015, 22:32
The new banners look amazing! Makes me kind of sad how ugly (in terms of low resolution) the Alpha-Banner looks in comparison :poke:

Btw: What do you think about a preview for the buyable banners (like Skins)? Would be quite useful especially for the event banners.

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Jan 2015, 08:38
Hm... Psyonix did u do something with the matchmaking? Yesterday I had awesome hard and close matches. MMR start working? :)

Saikocat
22nd Jan 2015, 09:08
We made some improvements in the last patch (before yesterday) that should make for better searches/matches

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Jan 2015, 11:07
Well after 3 hours of testing, I think u did some awesome work there. Today I test it more. Well it's not a n00bstomp anymore.

BTW Why still Early - Access in Steam? No advertisment, no top of the free play games :(.

Saikocat
23rd Jan 2015, 15:41
There's some promotions up on Steam now :)

-Konf-
23rd Jan 2015, 16:19
There's some promotions up on Steam now :)
Feels good to see Nosgoth on the front page! Looks like it's reflecting positively on the player numbers charts too. Hope it keeps growing until you guys have to increase server capacity :)

eXmoRtiZ
23rd Jan 2015, 16:28
Yay \o/ But servers are down :( What's happened :(

Saikocat
23rd Jan 2015, 16:45
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151195