PDA

View Full Version : December 15, 2015?

bruce86
21st Jan 2015, 11:21
What do you think? Link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/69475/20150120/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-release-date.htm

Driber
21st Jan 2015, 11:32
Microsoft has also revealed what to expect in the Rise of the Tomb Raider

No they didn't :mad:

Tecstar70
21st Jan 2015, 11:58
"It seems the entry has been changed back into "Holiday 2015" upon recent checking though."

Who knows why it changed but it doesn't make it official. That date is too late for "Holiday 2015" in my opinion anyway. If they ant to catch console sales leading up to Christmas its November they need to release it.

Steel_Wing
21st Jan 2015, 12:57
For me I havn't got an xbox so the answer is still 'who knows'.

a_big_house
21st Jan 2015, 13:11
"It seems the entry has been changed back into "Holiday 2015" upon recent checking though."

Who knows why it changed but it doesn't make it official. That date is too late for "Holiday 2015" in my opinion anyway. If they ant to catch console sales leading up to Christmas its November they need to release it.

From my limited experience, I think parents tend to get expensive gifts such a a new console either just before Xmas or in the sales after, so I think a late release date would work perfectly fine... Plus nobody wants to be bought a game released a month before Xmas and not be able to play it until Xmas day, especially with YT'ers and friends playing etc..
I personally think the 15th would work, in the UK it's usually the day schools close for the holiday so 'kids' are gonna want to find something new to waste time on, and then of course you have people who would just buy it for themselves (like me), so it doesn't matter what day it's released on, because you're gonna end up getting it anyway :D

Tecstar70
21st Jan 2015, 14:23
From my limited experience, I think parents tend to get expensive gifts such a a new console either just before Xmas or in the sales after, so I think a late release date would work perfectly fine... Plus nobody wants to be bought a game released a month before Xmas and not be able to play it until Xmas day, especially with YT'ers and friends playing etc..
I personally think the 15th would work, in the UK it's usually the day schools close for the holiday so 'kids' are gonna want to find something new to waste time on, and then of course you have people who would just buy it for themselves (like me), so it doesn't matter what day it's released on, because you're gonna end up getting it anyway :D

Maybe. I know this year there were a lot of deals in the UK well before Christmas. I am going on the phrase used by MS as "Holiday 2015". The thing is the 15th only leaves 9 days until Christmas. I'm not sure thats a big enough window for MS to capitalise on the deal.

TheArcaneHuntress
21st Jan 2015, 16:50

I think Tecstar was referring to black friday in november ( big day for sales in the states ). I think its a bit odd that xbox being an american company would want this to come out afterwards. Also I found it a bit weird that there were no sited links for that quote. I don't remember xbox ever saying that

Gitb97
21st Jan 2015, 17:07
I hope its december 15th even if it isnt official, 5 days after my birthday, i'll have three things to look forward to in the month of December 2015 :P That said it could also imply November since it says holiday. *sigh*

a_big_house
21st Jan 2015, 18:12
Maybe. I know this year there were a lot of deals in the UK well before Christmas. I am going on the phrase used by MS as "Holiday 2015". The thing is the 15th only leaves 9 days until Christmas. I'm not sure thats a big enough window for MS to capitalise on the deal.

I think Tecstar was referring to black friday in november ( big day for sales in the states ). I think its a bit odd that xbox being an american company would want this to come out afterwards. Also I found it a bit weird that there were no sited links for that quote. I don't remember xbox ever saying that

Yes, actually you're both correct in saying that the big Xmas offers are well before Xmas... I think the 15th would be nice but no, you've changed my mind, I don't think it's the real date haha

Gitb97
21st Jan 2015, 19:10
( big day for sales in the states )

Even the UK now. October would be a nice time I think to release it, I mean nothing happens in October.

Rai
21st Jan 2015, 19:37

Except, if it's bought as an Xmas pressie, they won't get it until Xmas day anyhoo :p.

Personally, I think 15th December is cutting it a bit fine for a 'Holiday 2015' release, although for the sake of sales, in retail, the 'holiday' season includes January. Isn't it a tad early to be able to give a release date? Perhaps that's why it was taken down?

@Gitb97, October would be nice, but it falls a little early to be classed as 'holiday'.

Gitb97
21st Jan 2015, 21:59
@Gitb97, October would be nice, but it falls a little early to be classed as 'holiday'.

It's technically the "beginning" of the holiday season but I see where you're coming from. :)

IvanaKC
21st Jan 2015, 22:21
It's still very far away and we don't even know anything about the source of this information. Rumors tend to turn out completely different anyway.

NSW_pride
21st Jan 2015, 23:01
And that date just happens to be Camilla Luddington's Birthday.

No, I really think that's too close to Christmas to release it.

WinterSoldierLTE
22nd Jan 2015, 00:31
Yeah, I wouldn't buy in to it until there's an official source that can verify. We could all say here: "It's been bumped up to September 21st!! For reasons!!" and send it to some blogger who doesn't check sources or verify contents and that would spread 'round eventually.

Would be nice to hear something about it though, even if it's just a 5 minute: "It's not coming out in November and here's why" vid from someone at CD. Soon enough tho, soon enough.

a_big_house
22nd Jan 2015, 00:38
Would be nice to hear something about it though, even if it's just a 5 minute: "It's not coming out in November and here's why" vid from someone at CD. Soon enough tho, soon enough.

[Insert Meagan Below] :D

Rai
22nd Jan 2015, 00:47
If the date is true, and Meagan can't say, she just won't say. Same if it's not true, I guess.

a_big_house
22nd Jan 2015, 01:27
If the date is true, and Meagan can't say, she just won't say. Same if it's not true, I guess.

Oh I know, but it's still worth a try :D

AlexWeiss
22nd Jan 2015, 02:46
From my limited experience, I think parents tend to get expensive gifts such a a new console either just before Xmas or in the sales after, so I think a late release date would work perfectly fine.

10 days from Christmas is way too close. I know a lot of people that start Christmas shopping for family and friends in November because a) they want to still have some money left over from that week's pay, so gradually spending in smaller quantities pays off more, and b) sales often start around that time. ESPECIALLY if MS wants to bundle ROTTR with Xbox One (which is very likely), they'll want it to be available by Black Friday in America, and if I recall, this last Black Friday crowned Xbox One the winner of console sales (by little but still, it'll have that boost of morale for the marketing team).

I dunno, I really don't want to see it rushed. I'm fine with another year of promo and hype if that promises a near perfect TR game.

TheArcaneHuntress
22nd Jan 2015, 04:02
I would also like to point out that the site this is from doesn't seem to have ever posted anything else about video games before. It seems to be largely about korean dramas, though you never know( I really hope Tomb Raider gets delayed ).

AlexWeiss
22nd Jan 2015, 13:06
^That too. Not to mention that it wasn't until a couple months ago that they reported ROTTR was an Xbox exclusive game.

Charlie_T_Raider
14th Feb 2015, 14:57
I think they will aim for the week of black Friday in US to try to get when everyone is Christmas shopping.