PDA

View Full Version : From Psyonix: An Open Letter to Our Community

DunhamSmash
21st Jan 2015, 00:49
To: Our Community,

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your support, your patience, and your unwavering dedication to Nosgoth over these past several months. Thank you for your understanding when we ran into issues, and thank you for sticking with us as we figured them out (even when it took longer than predicted).

It's because of you -- the Legacy of Kain faithful and new players alike -- that we were able to understand and build a game that's worthy of your expectations and your time. It's because of you that we've become better game makers; and it's because of you that we are inspired to keep pushing ourselves to make Nosgoth even better. We sincerely hope that tomorrow's move into Open Beta is just another, early step towards what we think is going to be a long, close-knit partnership that spans the bloody fields of Nosgoth and back again for many years to come.

Now that we're successfully opening the Nosgoth beta up to the masses, our next steps are to bring you more content, more classes, more game modes, and more fun as we continue forward. The powerful Summoner class will join the Vampire Clans in just a few weeks, while the brand new Human class will bring power and protection to Nosgoth just a few weeks after that. We have plenty more in the works as well -- like our new map, The Crucible, which explores the culture (and destruction) of the imposing Tyrants of Turelim to name just one -- and we plan on showing and talking about all of the things mentioned here in our upcoming Twitch dev stream later this week (January 23, 11:30am Pacific/ 7:30pm GMT) (http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth).

The behind-the-scenes look at Nosgoth on our stream is just the beginning -- we'll also be updating the blog with a weekly roadmap of what we have planned in the near and far future on a regular basis. Our transparency will be wider and more frequent from this point forward, because your resolute support of our game deserves nothing less.

We should have plenty more to talk about as our journey continues in 2015 and beyond. But for now, we can't wait for you to join us on this, Week One in the new War for Nosgoth. We couldn't (and can't) do it without you -- and we wouldn't have it any other way.

With our sincerest gratitude, VAE VICTIS!

-- The Psyonix Development Tean

RazielWarmonic
21st Jan 2015, 01:31
Thank YOU guys for developing an awesome game, letting us play, and listening to us complain, whine, moan, etc. and sticking with us.

It's been a hell of a ride so far, and I can't wait for more.

Tomorrow is just another chapter in Nosgoth's future.

Razaiim
21st Jan 2015, 01:38
Awwe, team. That's really sweet. I've been glad to be apart of this. You've got an excellent product here, and I can't wait to see what the future has to bring it. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to see you all on the other side of Open Beta prep.

Varulven
21st Jan 2015, 02:06
D'aaawww, such a sweet letter <3
Thank you for creating such an amazing game :flowers:

GenFeelGood
21st Jan 2015, 02:32
Thank you guys for allowing us into the process. It has been an absolute joy being involved with the development of a game that is derived from the Legacy of Kain (the series that I credit for making me into a gamer); and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

No matter where I am or what I am doing, my mind doesn't stop trying to think up something new to suggest here on the forum and I enjoy it as much as I do playing the game itself. This has made me want to learn design and I didn't have much interest in anything for a while before this, Thank You For Giving Me That.

lucinvampire
21st Jan 2015, 12:58
It has been a great journey - thank you devs for all the work you've put into a fab game and responding to the community. Even though there has been stress and issues it has been fun. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this memorable journey - it's been great to see the LoK chain come to life again and I hope to continue to play for many many many many months to come. :D

-Konf-
21st Jan 2015, 13:05
It's been a pleasure! Thank you guys for making this game. It's probably the first one that ever got me so involved and made me feel like it was made for me the first time I saw it on YouTube.

I can't express in words how excited the notion of the next couple of months will be. On top of Open Beta and growing player base we're going to get so much more content! Can't wait for new classes. It's been a pleasant surprise reading about your plans to release the new Human class, as I thought it'd be coming in a lot later, but looks like you guys have been quietly doing some work!

See you in Open Beta and on Stream this Friday.

Sanguise23
21st Jan 2015, 13:49
Yes! Very sweet, we love you guys!

eXmoRtiZ
21st Jan 2015, 14:05
Can't wait for play more. The waiting ends today \o/ (2 days was too much for me without playing Nosgoth :D). Thanks for let me play.

Thanks for making this really bad*ss awesome stuff. <3. I'm 100% addicted to it.

Captain3009
21st Jan 2015, 16:40
For you guys the same, thank you for bringing the LoK spirit back to life and because of this amazing game and your team I met many amazing players from all over the world, I even met some of them in London at EGX. Isn't that fantastic. This is a great community that connects the world. The journey has just begun....:)