PDA

View Full Version : Is prophet spam the future?

B1tstreamAlpha
21st Jan 2015, 00:28
Hi, I've got a question for some of you more experienced players.

I have encountered this in some late-night games where I find my nooby self in a game with a bunch of high-skill players. I assume they know what they are doing, and it seems there is one simple strategy when playing humans - Spawn 4 prophets, camp out, and spam mutual heals.

Besides looking really creepy, is that really the top strategy for playing humans? Is prophet spam going to be the future of this game? Tell me it isn't true!

GenFeelGood
21st Jan 2015, 00:42
It is just a tactic some premades employ. Historically, if there is a human that is to be spammed it will be the Hunter.

Razaiim
21st Jan 2015, 02:18
She ain't that strong. It's a mostly for giggles tactic, since you can't shoot and heal at the same time.

PencileyePirate
21st Jan 2015, 03:04
She ain't that strong. It's a mostly for giggles tactic, since you can't shoot and heal at the same time.

^ this. It's something people do for fun when the vampires don't know how to engage as a team.

Da_Wolv
21st Jan 2015, 08:04
Just focus them down.
This "strategy" survives on the inability of random teams to coordinate and bring the damage where it needs to go.
If your team just randomly attacks people and get them down to half health and disengage, try to either help them and focus them down, OR scout out who of the other prophets are healing them (sacrificing some of their own health) and pick them off instead.

cmstache
21st Jan 2015, 15:01
LOL, it was of concern when the prophet just came out. It can be done, but it's really not that efficient. It doesn't work all that well vs actual team play. So, in other words, only works vs pubs, but it is hilarious.

Ysanoire
22nd Jan 2015, 16:47
LOL, it was of concern when the prophet just came out. It can be done, but it's really not that efficient. It doesn't work all that well vs actual team play. So, in other words, only works vs pubs, but it is hilarious.

This. It's a fun gimmick, but not what you'd call "the future".

SquirrelInDaSky
22nd Jan 2015, 20:42
This. It's a fun gimmick, but not what you'd call "the future".

Yeah, it's fun to do against noobs cos they can't attack together or fucus the right targets. On the other hand, most tactics work against noobs.