PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for Open Beta... (ie Nosgoth is offline)

Saikocat
19th Jan 2015, 11:23
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/preparing-for-open-beta

To prepare for our Open Beta launch on Wednesday, January 21st 2015, Nosgoth is now offline, per our recent announcement (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-open-beta-starts-january-21st-2015). This officially marks the end of our Closed Beta! The downtime has started and will end just before the Open Beta launch begins, as we get everything ready.

Our Open Beta launch begins on January 21st at 10 am PST / 1pm EST / 6pm GMT / 7pm CET.

Note, our maintenance period will end just before this, so existing players will be able to get back into the game from 8am PST / 4pm GMT on January 21st :)

I know some of you will feel like you miss the game already, but think of how excited you’ll be when we come back online Wednesday! That day marks our big Open Beta launch, when we truly open the floodgates and invite everyone else to join in the war, and is a huge celebration moment.

If you weren’t already playing Nosgoth, this is an even more exciting time for you. Just two days to go, and you’ll be able to start playing. To prepare for the launch, here’s a handy check-list of things you’ll need on Wednesday:

A Steam account (http://store.steampowered.com/about/)
Ideally, a Square Enix Members account (http://www.nosgoth.com/jointhewar/now)
A PC that meets the minimum system requirements (http://www.nosgoth.com/faq)
An internet connection (just making sure…)
Enough supplies to keep you fed and hydrated, while you bunker down when we launch

Do you plan to livestream Nosgoth when the Open Beta starts? Give us a heads up by posting on the forum (or sending me a PM here), tweeting us (@Nosgoth (http://www.twitter.com/nosgoth)), or messaging us via our Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/Nosgoth) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/nosgothofficial). We’d love to share details of streams that are happening, and you may see some of us pop up in chats and matches as well! Join us for our official livestream on Friday January 23rd (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-open-beta-starts-january-21st-2015).

You can also look forward to checking out our new community-focused Open Beta trailer on Wednesday. Not long to go now, and we really can’t wait to welcome you all to Nosgoth! So join us on Wednesday January 21st, and remember, you'll earn double XP during the first week!

--Ram--
19th Jan 2015, 11:54
Look forward to the 21st! Wondering if you know of any plans for promotion via Steam that will help to kick off open beta?

Vampmaster
19th Jan 2015, 11:59
Yeah, that reminds me. If there's a new trailer or promo video, I think you should place emphasis on the evolved skins, the Fane and if there's anything to show of it yet, the Crucible too. Every review and comment I read from those who haven't read the blog seems to point out how little connection with the LOK series Nosgoth has. Only those who look really hard for it will find it and that's why I think it needs to be in the game itself eventually. I'll probably ask about that on twitch.

Saikocat
19th Jan 2015, 12:18
Look forward to the 21st! Wondering if you know of any plans for promotion via Steam that will help to kick off open beta?

There will be, yep! And come 6pm GMT on Wednesday it'll be Open on Steam, making it very easy for people to start playing :)

Yeah, that reminds me. If there's a new trailer or promo video, I think you should place emphasis on the evolved skins, the Fane and if there's anything to show of it yet, the Crucible too.

The new trailer is ready to go and is an introduction to the game for new players, showing off the classes and focusing on real gameplay and real community members. I think everyone's going to love it :)
Something history/background focused would be different, though I like the idea myself.

Vampmaster
19th Jan 2015, 12:39
The new trailer is ready to go and is an introduction to the game for new players, showing off the classes and focusing on real gameplay and real community members. I think everyone's going to love it :)
Something history/background focused would be different, though I like the idea myself.

All I meant was that having the Fane be the current level and the evolved skins equipped wouldn't have interfered with any demonstration of the gameplay. The criticism about Nosgoth having little in common with LOK does tend to drown out the the positive comments about the gameplay and better showcasing of the connections to the main series in future would go a long way to alleviating that.

TendrilSavant
19th Jan 2015, 14:20
Any big changes to the game coming with initial Open Beta, such as crafting or balance changes? And any chance we'll get patch notes to mull over while we wait for the game to come back up?

Saikocat
19th Jan 2015, 14:38
Ah! I understand. You'll see both The Fane and some of the Evolved Skins making an appearance :)

Any big changes to the game coming with initial Open Beta, such as crafting or balance changes? And any chance we'll get patch notes to mull over while we wait for the game to come back up?

Not at the moment, more content updates and changes are coming up, but not ahead of/with the Open Beta launch.

Lord_Aevum
19th Jan 2015, 14:51
Every review and comment I read from those who haven't read the blog seems to point out how little connection with the LOK series Nosgoth has. Only those who look really hard for it will find it and that's why I think it needs to be in the game itself eventually. I'll probably ask about that on twitch.

This was suggested as a possibility a year ago by Monkeythumbz (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99962975&postcount=117). I have been asking for it to happen ever since, but any implementation seems to be very much on the long finger. As you say, the posts are out of sight of most players, and all comment threads on external sites bemoan the lack of any clear link to the LoK world, so I think it'd only help to make those visible. People still talk and talk and talk about this IP after a twelve year hiatus, so it will never make sense to sweep the mythology under the rug here. Still, all I can suggest is to keep recommending the idea and hope something happens.

Vampmaster
19th Jan 2015, 15:02
This was suggested as a possibility a year ago by Monkeythumbz (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99962975&postcount=117). I have been asking for it to happen ever since, but any implementation seems to be very much on the long finger. As you say, the posts are out of sight of most players, and all comment threads on external sites bemoan the lack of any clear link to the LoK world, so I think it'd only help to make those visible. People still talk and talk and talk about this IP after a twelve year hiatus, so it will never make sense to sweep the mythology under the rug here. Still, all I can suggest is to keep recommending the idea and hope something happens.

On Friday, I plan to ask about "The greater war for Nosgoth" that was discussed in the very first Q&A. I might be mistaken, but I think I remember something being said that involving a map of Nosgoth and tracking which factions are doing best in which locations. If you could select areas from the map, you could then possibly show a painting/screenshot of the level with the lore on one panel and the stats on the other side or something like that. Very little has been said about that though, so I've no idea if it would be suitable. It would also be good to have clan territory borders and stuff mapped out too.

Saikocat
19th Jan 2015, 15:49
Getting the lore incorporated in the game menu (like a reference guide for players new to the lore) is still something I want us to do, and something we've talked about here too. I couldn't make promises on when that could happen, given how many things are being worked on, but definitely still on the cards, and something I could see working really well.

MasterShuriko
19th Jan 2015, 15:50
If its possible I would LOVE to get the voice actors in for a voice acted lore <3 *droool*

basilciocon
19th Jan 2015, 16:44
@Saikocat .. Sir Does this game can access by the philippines and can play without a lag? ..

RazielWarmonic
19th Jan 2015, 17:06

When when when when when please when when when omg CAT PLEASE WHEN IS IT HARAHRHARBLARG.

Also, any update on the Twitch stuff?

Also super excited about Open Beta. A little too excited. Wait, there can never be enough HYPE!

Korbinz
19th Jan 2015, 17:16
are you going to reset stats and levels?

RazielWarmonic
19th Jan 2015, 17:23
are you going to reset stats and levels?

The answer is nope! Level/stats/inventory will remain the same to my knowledge.

MasterShuriko
19th Jan 2015, 18:37
Wonder how many more Nerf threads will appear along with Open Beta? :naughty:

Vampmaster
19th Jan 2015, 19:06
Sorry... :D
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ynWOAg4YQB0/SfLwwF2aWzI/AAAAAAAAAbc/07LuuptzTPQ/s1600-h/Nerf+Big+Bad+Bow+02.JPG

RazielWarmonic
19th Jan 2015, 19:37

Oh my goodness... I snorted at that, wonder how many "Vampires are OP" threads will pop up...
:rasp:

Obisher
19th Jan 2015, 19:38

I couldn't resist... :D

http://i.imgur.com/bkZMmNg.jpg?1

RainaAudron
19th Jan 2015, 20:38
Obisher: :lol: nice one!

Firehex
19th Jan 2015, 22:32
Nightmare is coming! Every major update = new bugs,glitches, problems with party system , MM, broken skills ( like with shadow step). Choose any from my list..
Oh and of course new wave of players...Noobs incoming Х__Х *pressing panic button*

maresrb
19th Jan 2015, 23:37
You're the "smartest" here right?

GenFeelGood
20th Jan 2015, 01:08
Another noob flood, at least there isn't a wipe this time. They won't be getting dropped in a den of wolves like at the start of closed beta, I actually enjoyed those days:D.

lucinvampire
20th Jan 2015, 13:35
I love you guys - you make me :lol:
I can't wait for the new influx of players - people of my skill level (noobs) to play with woohoo :D

...already bored of waiting...come on time hurry up!!!!!!!!! we need Nosgoth back! :D

Nurgor
20th Jan 2015, 14:38
Hah... open beta... never thought we would get to that and i am excited for it and the new players, that will hopefully make this game worth it playing again. But Open Beta and no new content? holy **** am i dissapointed, but what did i expect? My attempt at future telling: new content in 3-4 weeks, playerbase will go up for the first month then sink again drastically; cause whoever was interested in nosgoth before got nosgoth already. I hope it won't end this way but i fear it will. *waiting for incoming ****storm*

Saikocat
20th Jan 2015, 15:14
We've recently updated with our new matchmaking, and added a new mode, but yes there will be more content coming up soon. First up will be the new Vampire class, the Summoner.

Varulven
20th Jan 2015, 15:16
First up will be the new Vampire class, the Summoner.

And what's with the evolved skin for the Deceiver? :poke:

j4m41k4n0
20th Jan 2015, 15:26
+1
Totally Agree

Shikei001
20th Jan 2015, 18:58
And what's with the evolved skin for the Deceiver? :poke:

Developers are in a tough situation when it comes to when to announce things, and Psyonix and Square are no exception. If you announce too soon then everyone gets angry because they have to wait months for something, and if you announce too late then people feel like no new information is coming. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :) We often times say "soon" because we really do intend for things to be soon (weeks, in some cases) but large issues come up and schedules get shifted. It's usually safer to not say anything than to say that something is coming out and then to push it back two months to fix things. But yes, either way you approach it some people won't be happy.

The Summoner is indeed next and hopefully won't be that long away.

The human class announcement isn't far away either. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

The Deceiver evolved skin is halfway done.

No, I don't have a date for any of those things, I'm sorry to say. Especially when it comes to things like the art for the Deceiver, as well as the Summoner and the next human class, we're working to make them as good as possible before they're released.

Erics answer :D

But another thing, will we see the kill indicator we saw at Gamescom etc. ?

I'm not sure if you remember Saiko, but at Gamescom in Cologne we talked about the little notification at the bottem left of the screen, that popped up if someone made a Triple Kill or Quad Kill.

I still really like the idea of that feature. :D
Back at Gamescom you said you would tell the team, but haven't heard anything about it since :(

FireWorks_
20th Jan 2015, 19:32
I'm not sure if you remember Saiko, but at Gamescom in Cologne we talked about the little notification at the bottem left of the screen, that popped up if someone made a Triple Kill or Quad Kill.

I still really like the idea of that feature. :D
Back at Gamescom you said you would tell the team, but haven't heard anything about it since :(

OUT OF THE WAY!!! IM ON KILLING SPREEEEE!!!! :D :D :D

Saikocat
20th Jan 2015, 20:08
Yep, I remember! :)
It is something we've talked about here in varying off-shoots/ideas, but no news to share just yet!

Shikei001
21st Jan 2015, 11:12
Yep, I remember! :)
It is something we've talked about here in varying off-shoots/ideas, but no news to share just yet!

Okay :D I'm glad that it has not been forgotten :D

MasterShuriko
25th Jan 2015, 10:40

Called it! :lol:
Looking at steam discussions O.O