PDA

View Full Version : Flashpoint and the Deceiver.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 15:54
I see loads of people playing Deceiver in Flashpoint and there is no reason why they should.

The deceiver is a great killing machine but as Flashpoint is not about killing the Enemy but about denying them the opportunity of claiming points this game is about AREA DENIAL and not Kills.

The Deceiver has absolutely no skills that can help with area denial the best they have is Infect and if used on the point with enemies close together can work but to be honest if you infect one person and they are far enough away from the rest it is no help what so ever.

All the rest of the Vampire classes can do Area Denial The Tyrant has Jump, Shockwave and Ground Slam. The Reaver has Chocking Haze and the Sentinal has Air Strike, Dive Bomb, Take Off and even Kidnap or Abduct can help by taking people away from the point.

The Deceiver is just like the poor Cousin to all the other classes when it comes to stopping Humans from staying at the capture points.

The only thing Deceivers are great at is killing. So Why cant the Deceiver be given a skill that can do this it is missing quite a few skills in comparison to the others why cant the Deceiver get a skill that say will cause confusion over a certain area making any movement the players make unpredictable their aiming would be off etc. This could be a grenade thrown skill or perhaps better a method similar to Dominate Mind where the Deceiver has to remain still and at distance in order to deploy it and can control Duration/Area of affect or Strength say with his own health!

I'd like to see the Deceiver be usable in Flashpoint but without the skills it is utterly pointless to use this class in Flashpoint even though people try to. Meanwhile the Humans have the ability to use all 4 Classes as each one of them can cause a lot of damage to Vampires through Area of Effect skills..

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 16:10
Why is killing them on the point not working for you? Seems to do the trick for me. Also intercepting them after a spawn works very nice with him.

Ysanoire
18th Jan 2015, 16:13
Dead humans don't capture points.

Choking haze/airstrike only works for a short time, then you have to kill them anyway.

Deceiver is just as useful as any other class. The only problem with him is that he's less mobile, but that's not a huge issue.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 16:23
Dead humans don't capture points.

Choking haze/airstrike only works for a short time, then you have to kill them anyway.

Deceiver is just as useful as any other class. The only problem with him is that he's less mobile, but that's not a huge issue.

As kills don't count to the final score killing humans only allows them to spawn with team mates or on the opposite side of the map (more than likely next to a capturable point) with full health.

Like I said the Deceiver is awesome at killing I'm not denying that but you are missing the point of the game and that is to stop the Humans form capturing the point. Deceivers do not get an interrupt, Deceivers can only focus on one target at a time While the Deceiver can be quickly taken down by 1 or 2 other people focus firing on them it basically negates the usefulness of a killing machine. The Tyrans Jump, Marathon, Charge, Shockwave and Ground Slam all have interrupt, The Sentinals Air Strike & Dive Bomb have interrupt The Reaver has AOE in Chocking Haze but also has the ability to attack fast and do damage at the same time all attacking from distance. The Deceiver has none of this.

Using a Deceiver in Flashpoint only means you are going for kills and all that does is afford the Humans to respawn in another locations with fresh cooldowns and full health and more than likely on another control point.

Please do not get me wrong I love the Deceiver as well I don't like him in Flashpoint however as he isn't a team player.

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 17:05
Sorry to say but you are just wrong. You effectivly deny them the cap each time they die. Then you move to the next where you kill them again. The kills might not count but you let them waste their time.

If they split push, you ensure to make that one kill and possibly hold off a second guy too.

snejjjj
18th Jan 2015, 17:10
The deceiver is a great killing machine

Some players might have skill, but what i have experienced is, that they are super low and complete useless in TDM. The Problem is missunderstanding the game. Same problem: taking 2 alchis in TDM, when the enemys Team is playing 2 sentinals.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 17:14
Sorry to say but you are just wrong. You effectivly deny them the cap each time they die. Then you move to the next where you kill them again. The kills might not count but you let them waste their time.

If they split push, you ensure to make that one kill and possibly hold off a second guy too.

Sorry but if there is anyone wrong here it is you. The deceiver is great at killing and after that first kill at the point it is a hard fought battle to stay alive so if you attack after everyone else then maybe just maybe you have a chance however the way a good Human team works on the point you will have Poison Cloud Draining Cusre, Arrow Volley and a whole lot of DPS going on at the same time a Deceiver is slowly running from one target to another. If you are lucky you may get 2 as a Deceiver if you are in a good enough team however two staggard Tyrants and A Reaver and Sentinal can do more than any team with a Deceiver or two in it.

The Deceiver cant move across the Map as fast as the other classes as well so it's either going to miss a wave of attacks or mop up what is left by himself. I just find the Deceiver of no use during Flashpoint. I'd love him to do more and I can only see that happening if he is given a AOE skill.

I know you are arguing against me because you like playing Deceiver (as do I) but just try it out and see for yourself the Deceiver is sorely underpowered in Flashpoint.

--Ram--
18th Jan 2015, 17:38
I know you are arguing against me because you like playing Deceiver (as do I) but just try it out and see for yourself the Deceiver is sorely underpowered in Flashpoint.

Personally I've seen every class be highly effective in flash point.

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 18:23
Cristari, glad you have an opinion, but it doesnt make it true if you repeat the same stuff over and over. Proper deceivers do a lot of good in flashpoint.

L2P ;)

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 19:12
Cristari, glad you have an opinion, but it doesnt make it true if you repeat the same stuff over and over. Proper deceivers do a lot of good in flashpoint.

L2P ;)

Proper Deceivers? You mean the 1/100 Deceiver played by someone that knows how to play it? Again sorry I disagree and simply because you argue against me hardly makes your point true now does it. This is a debate I have proposed that Deceivers get another skill something that can perform AoE and make the Deceiver more useful and play better in Flashpoint lord knows I would love to see the Deceiver become useful in that type of match. In TDM he is already useful as we can both agree he is a fast killer but I just can not see Deceiver being that useful in Flashpoint. If you are happy with the skill set the Deceiver has and would rather not see him with any more and think that he is perfectly usable by any player no matter the skills of that player then fine you play on without a care in the world.

Rago600
19th Jan 2015, 09:28
I may agree with the OP.
Nevertheless:
For a fanatic or efficiency monster this maybe true.
As for me i play deciver, knowing its not so effective than a Reaver or a Tyrant in Flashpoint.

But i play for FUN if i want to Play deciver, i play as a Deciver.
There is nothing behind it.No Xp To Gain.Nothing to Level(on the classes anymore)

Just FUN.This is how i Play nosgoth.
I like to win but it´s not essential for every match, at last for me.
I got so much work and stuff in Live Nosgoth is for my free time.
Of course younger People may have a different perspective on Gaming than me.
I like good Games.