PDA

View Full Version : Mancake and Guardian Angel achievements

Jaikan
18th Jan 2015, 01:15
I have a question about those two steam achievements: Mancake and Guardian Angel:
So the description of Mancake is "Smash"
What is ment by that?
The description of Guardian Angel is: "Save 3 teammates from fatal damage in a single life using the Prophet's Eldritch Guard ability. "
What is ment by "fatal damage"?
Thanks for response!

-Konf-
18th Jan 2015, 05:47
Mancake has been confirmed to be "kill two humans with a single Jump Attack" (double kill on landing). Corey said that description will be re-worked. However, the achievement itself is bugged so in most cases it will not trigger even if you satisfy the criteria, so don't rush trying to get that one done.

As per Guardian Angel - fatal damage is considered to be the damage that would have killed your team mate if they had no shield on them at the time they got hit. Example: your teammate is at 200 health, while you see a Reaver with [Sweeping Kick] jump off the roof to finish them off. You put a shield on them in time to absorb the damage that would have otherwise killed them - you get a count towards Guardian Angel.

Also, it's worthwhile to note that the person you saved needs to live for a little in order for you to get the credit. So in the above example if the Reaver continues to attack your teammate and manages to finish them off - I think that won't get counted towards the achievement progress (just in my experience as it took a while to figure out, but I might have made an incorrect observation).

Louves
18th Jan 2015, 13:09
As per Guardian Angel - fatal damage is considered to be the damage that would have killed your team mate if they had no shield on them at the time they got hit. Example: your teammate is at 200 health, while you see a Reaver with [Sweeping Kick] jump off the roof to finish them off. You put a shield on them in time to absorb the damage that would have otherwise killed them - you get a count towards Guardian Angel.

Also, it's worthwhile to note that the person you saved needs to live for a little in order for you to get the credit. So in the above example if the Reaver continues to attack your teammate and manages to finish them off - I think that won't get counted towards the achievement progress (just in my experience as it took a while to figure out, but I might have made an incorrect observation).

As far as I unstand it 'fatal damage' means that the player receives so much damage that the shield breaks. It has nothing to do with how much HP said player has left. At least that's how I and a friend got that achievement.