PDA

View Full Version : Show supply stations when you're low

BalaGi
17th Jan 2015, 18:37
All in title. When you're new in Nosgoth and not familiar with the maps, its very hard to find supply station to heal youself. So, what about show nearest to you when you're wounded or spend your ammo? Just like vamps see corpses.
You can say, "dude, there's the minimap, are you blind?" Yes i am. Minimap looks hard to use for me, actually, i prefer "radar" - minimap that rotates with your face, so there's another suggestion to choose between map/radar.

FireWorks_
17th Jan 2015, 18:50
All in title. When you're new in Nosgoth and not familiar with the maps, its very hard to find supply station to heal youself. So, what about show nearest to you when you're wounded or spend your ammo? Just like vamps see corpses.
You can say, "dude, there's the minimap, are you blind?" Yes i am. Minimap looks hard to use for me, actually, i prefer "radar" - minimap that rotates with your face, so there's another suggestion to choose between map/radar.

An option for both would be great.

Itd be a good help for newer players to show the stations like with that food symbol for vamps. Advanced players could deactivate the feature.

Rotating minimap. +1
I never got to use static ones. But I dont feel like I need it in Nosgoth anyway.

Psyonix_Corey
17th Jan 2015, 20:27
Agreed, all on the list of todos during Open Beta.

Highlighting health stations is part of a larger list of usability feedback we'd like to address, including:
- Highlighting/improved vision of health stations OR feedable bodies when low HP
- Better in-game communication tools, like a ping/waypoint marker system, or quick audio shortcuts with VO/HUD indicators
- Updates to HUD in general - cooldown notifications, minimap size and readability, teammate health widgets
- Improved clarity in HUD of mechanics like Kidnap warmup/grab window

--Ram--
18th Jan 2015, 03:40
Better in-game communication tools

Hopefully this also includes in game chat that is actually usable?

-Konf-
18th Jan 2015, 05:53
Sounds like a great list, Corey! I'm assuming a Vampire holding a body for a teammate is part of both the ping/waypoint marker system and highlighed bodies?

But please, for the love of God, don't make the map rotate as a default setting (or leave an option for a static one, that will work for all tastes). Sorry guys, not that I use mini-map much, but I have no idea how you manage to orientate on a map that's constantly shifting :)

DesolatedMaggot
18th Jan 2015, 10:49
I can use both but much prefer a static map as well.

BalaGi
18th Jan 2015, 11:19
But please, for the love of God, don't make the map rotate as a default setting (or leave an option for a static one, that will work for all tastes). Sorry guys, not that I use mini-map much, but I have no idea how you manage to orientate on a map that's constantly shifting :)
Have you ever play GTA?

Highlighting health stations is part of a larger list of usability feedback we'd like to address, including:

Thanks for answer! Do you have public to-do list that players can check to not suggest things you're already planning?

Rago600
18th Jan 2015, 12:11
Im against the Dev´s i maybe 1 of 100.
Im no Fan of the Game mechanic´s nowadays.
Comfort is a nice thing to have, at least give us the Option to Switch stupid Marker´s off.

Like Questmarkers, go here you dont need to find it, i dont see any fun in that.
Well like i said, i maybe 1 of 100 ;)

Dont even think :P

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 14:18

- Highlighting/improved vision of health stations OR feedable bodies when low HP
- Better in-game communication tools, like a ping/waypoint marker system, or quick audio shortcuts with VO/HUD indicators
- Updates to HUD in general - cooldown notifications, minimap size and readability, teammate health widgets
- Improved clarity in HUD of mechanics like Kidnap warmup/grab window

Please only allow one ping on map for a period of time say 30 seconds or so and make that correspond to a visual locator please.

Been waiting for these for a while why haven't they been implemented before open beta I would have imagined that this would have been done before then!

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 16:04
Please only allow one ping on map for a period of time say 30 seconds or so and make that correspond to a visual locator please.

Would be incredibly useless then, no?

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 16:10
Would be incredibly useless then, no?

What you think 4 or 5 people pining the map every second is going to be useful?
No it would need to be limited to maybe 1 ping on the map every 30 seconds or so (that time can be discussed) in order to avoid people spamming it to at least make it useful.

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 16:17
What you think 4 or 5 people pining the map every second is going to be useful?
No it would need to be limited to maybe 1 ping on the map every 30 seconds or so (that time can be discussed) in order to avoid people spamming it to at least make it useful.

and theres going to be a constant worse case going on? If you cant update or correct a ping in time, it becomes an active hinderance that people will avoid.

DotA2 even has 5players and the benefit for each match is way bigger than the occasional troll that has to get a mute.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 16:29
and theres going to be a constant worse case going on? If you cant update or correct a ping in time, it becomes an active hinderance that people will avoid.

DotA2 even has 5players and the benefit for each match is way bigger than the occasional troll that has to get a mute.

Other games play it so that you can ping as many times as you want but will get a ban after a prolonged period of pinging the map. I'd rather not see this. The game and strategy for it would be far better fed with a single ping at a time on the map (they aren't big maps) and a waypoint to follow. Allowing airheads to constantly ping a map is counter productive.

BalaGi
18th Jan 2015, 17:02
What's the problem here? New ping should replace previous without sound, that's all. Game can be so dynamic for 30 sec without a thing that allows you coordinate with team.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 17:03
What's the problem here? New ping should replace previous without sound, that's all. Game can be so dynamic for 30 sec without a thing that allows you coordinate with team.

Hey I am not making the decisions here and I never stated that the time I said was not up for debate!

BalaGi
18th Jan 2015, 17:12
@Cristari, did i say something wrong? I'm just expressing my opinion about your way, that i guess is not good. If i insult you or someone, it's because of my bad english, so i'm sorry.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 17:22
Guess it was the first part of your post! It sounded to me far more aggressive than you possibly intended. No problem my apologies as well.

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 18:13
What if you need 2 pings? What if you want to mark a path?

If you really want to debate about the ping cooldown, I suggest something between 0.1 and 0.3seconds.

Cristari
18th Jan 2015, 19:05
Think this should be another topic all together. This thread is now off topic.

FireWorks_
18th Jan 2015, 19:13
Think this should be another topic all together. This thread is now off topic.

Awesome how you dodge the discussion after derailing it yourself in post#9 already :)

Bazielim
18th Jan 2015, 19:51
Just a reminder to keep it civil please guys.