PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Flashpoint Feedback Thread

Rago600
16th Jan 2015, 15:26
:wave:

What i think in first is "Dear dev´s" do something with those Points, like The Humans need to do this and that for this.
Like A+b=C

Example

1. Capture the Powder Tower
2.Arm the Cannon
3:Hold the Ammo Supply
(Because Points and icons are Temporary) ?

Or
Humans fix the Cannon A
Bring Ammo from B to A
Bring Powder from X to Y,
Launch the Mega Ultra Cannon of kill everything:rasp:

Some Points are really Hard to grab compared to others.

The Habour Map for example has Point "C" this has a advantage for the Vampires Compared to the Harbours Corners, which are easyer to defend for the Human Team.
So why even capture "c" ?

Just to mention something, i cant really say it is imbalanced, i need to do more testing.

B1tstreamAlpha
18th Jan 2015, 18:11
Sounds like a cool idea. In general I am finding that Flashpoint is basically DM where the humans actually move around sometimes. If it was me, I'd nerf DM, then rename Flashpoint as the new DM, then create a more traditional objective-based mode where you have simultaneously capture and defend. I exaggerate, and I like Flashpoint. But since vampires can't uncap from the rooftops, the only thing they can do is kill all the humans - exactly the same as DM. It's not even clearly indicated whether vampires get any points for uncapping once all the humans are dead - and they should if they don't.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Jan 2015, 21:15
Sounds like a cool idea. In general I am finding that Flashpoint is basically DM where the humans actually move around sometimes. If it was me, I'd nerf DM, then rename Flashpoint as the new DM, then create a more traditional objective-based mode where you have simultaneously capture and defend. I exaggerate, and I like Flashpoint. But since vampires can't uncap from the rooftops, the only thing they can do is kill all the humans - exactly the same as DM. It's not even clearly indicated whether vampires get any points for uncapping once all the humans are dead - and they should if they don't.

Capturing objectives as a vampire is fundamentally un-fun because you're forcing melee characters to stand in a visible space where humans can shoot them like fish in a barrel.

Cap-and-defend has been tried and it's just not good with asymmetric teams. Vampires can cover ground so much more easily than humans that the human game essentially turns into sprinting simulator.

Rago600
19th Jan 2015, 09:03
I did a lot of more Testing, Flashpoint.(Most of the Time it was unbalanced but its the same with TDM, so no worries)
It basically is a good mode, giving more XP to newer Players.

I really had a very good Flashpoint Match yesterday something like 5 to 6 in the End.It was the best flashpoint match so far.
I wonder how the Summoner will affect the Gameplay, but we will see.
Maybe his Rangeattack does not so much differ from Haze, of the Reaver.

Anyway, with open beta will come a lot of new Players ;)

B1tstreamAlpha
20th Jan 2015, 22:11
Capturing objectives as a vampire is fundamentally un-fun because you're forcing melee characters to stand in a visible space where humans can shoot them like fish in a barrel.

Cap-and-defend has been tried and it's just not good with asymmetric teams. Vampires can cover ground so much more easily than humans that the human game essentially turns into sprinting simulator.
You're right. Some of the other game mechanics would have to change. Or the map designs. But it's a shame if the possible game modes are limited by the asymmetric teams. In other games, objective-based modes are the most tactical and most fun imo.

Actually I think what is bothering me about flashpoint is that it's so focused on a single objective. You don't have to make any clever choices, you just go where the fight is. At best, you occasionally send 1 guy to start capping/defending the base that is not under attack. For the vampires, the objectives are just a beacon saying "humans over here, yum yum". By contrast, in a more standard territory-capture mode, you are always making choices about how to use your time. Do you stay with your teammates and try to cap base A? Do you sneak to base B to either confuse the enemy or get a sneak capture? Do you go and distract the enemy team and delay them from capping? Do you stay behind to defend a base you already own? Do you abandon capping because you just need 5 more kills to win? I just feel like it's important to have multiple objectives (and sometimes multiple win conditions), so that you are forced to make choices as a player and as a team.

It's also kinda weird that the bases don't cap/uncap any faster depending on how many people are in the ring (at least that's what someone told me). Plus vampires don't seem to get any points for uncapping. Does a vampire presence even make a base uncap faster? If not, then why does the base icon become larger as if to indicate you were doing something useful? Maybe it would feel more objective-oriented if there were little messages like "defended base, +50XP" when you kill an enemy.

There are probably also other game modes that would work quite well with the asymmetric teams. Like suppose there's several movable objectives that the humans have to move from point A to point B, and the vampires have to (1) stop (kill) them and (2) destroy the object. Suppose there are multiple objectives in play at once, each objective has a unique and pseudo-random destination. The vampires can't tell which human is carrying the objective (except maybe by using a special ability) and don't know what the destination is until the humans get there (but probably know what the possibilities are, having played it before). When a human reaches the objective, he has to hook it up to a power supply, which takes some time, and attracts the vampires' attention... It also takes some time for the vampires to destroy an objective, so they might drag it somewhere defensible [on the ground] and then have to hang on to it long enough to destroy it. I guess it's kinda similar to what Rago600 was saying. Something to make the objectives feel important.

Another game mode that could work is the Nosgoth equivalent of plant/defuse a bomb. That might even work with both teams having the same objectives at the same time. Say, there are two locations vampires have to defend, and two that the humans have to defend. All would be in cover, at least partially. A human or vampire may plant a bomb on one of the enemy bases, and each team has a certain amount of time to defuse a bomb that has been planted on one of their bases. When an objective blows up, the team who destroyed it gets a point, and a new base spawns in a different location. Having multiple simultaneous objectives means there's a lot of different ways to distribute your team. Humans move across the map more slowly, but are advantaged on the ground... might just about balance out.