PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - January 15th Update

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 16:32
Please note this will be an extended maintenance period while we release our pre-Open Beta patch and matchmaking rewards.

Flashpoint Mode

This is the first test run of our new Flashpoint mode! Like Siege before it, Flashpoint tasks the human team with capturing objectives and vampires with preventing those captures. However, humans are working against a time limit that increases when points are captured. Vampires must prevent six captures from occurring before time runs out. Unlike Team Deathmatch, kills do not influence the scoring in any way.

This is a TEST RUN and you may encounter issues or imbalances. Please let us know what issues you encounter so we can improve on the mode! Notes:

We are still planning to rework the Objective Icon to be clearer and more readable, particularly with regards to capture progress (amount and direction) and whether it's contested or not.
Specific points in maps may be too hard or too easy to defend based on positioning. Please let us know about any outliers you encounter in either direction.
We are considering implementing an early victory condition for the second round when a team outscores the first round team's total, but this is not in place yet.

Matchmaking

Searches will now begin with a narrower acceptable skill range and broaden that range more slowly if no appropriate games can be found initially
Premade parties will once again be split up during team balancing if facing a team of random players whose average skill is significantly less than that of the premade’s
Other matchmaking improvements and fine tuning are ongoing and will be deployed in the background without further client patches

Bug Fixes

The NosCam Spectator can no longer earn loot drops after matches, ending its cruel reign of Mysterious Item hoarding
Deceiver Backstab can no longer deal quadruple damage when hitting two enemies in succession
Fixed another issue that could cause starting a Private Match to fail

The Fane

Modified a section of the map to add additional approach routes for vampires to reduce the effectiveness of camping a particular corner

Ysanoire
15th Jan 2015, 16:36
Sweet, can't wait to try the new mode, I hope people are gonna play it.

The NosCam Spectator can no longer earn loot drops after matches, ending its cruel reign of Mysterious Item hoarding

That'll learn'im!

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 16:39
Boosters that were active after our first matchmaking test date (November 22) have now been reset, per our blog update last night:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/matchmaking-wars-rewards-out-friday

Vampmaster
15th Jan 2015, 16:48
If the noscam had been stealing MI's from players, wouldn't that mean that if one player gets the item, another player can't. I thought the developers had said it didn't work that way.

Could we get a screen shot of the modified part of the fane?

Da_Wolv
15th Jan 2015, 16:50
Just putting this down here right now:

I was a long time competitive Splinter Cell player and Ubisoft made the same mistake you are considering now:

Don't have the 2nd round in an objective mode end prematurely if the win is out of reach.
In SC:Blacklist, this has resulted in boring one-sided matches for one side, and then ending the match way too early.
Some peeple like playing Humans more than Vampires, but won't be able to really tactically learn the maps when they are too good as Vampires against certain teams.

Secondly, in private matches, even if you decide to do this for publics, this should never be enabled!
Especially in competitive games it is sometimes custom to fight on 2 maps, one team picks the first, the other picks the second.
So if Team A wins 6:3 on map 1 and Team B wins 2:6 on map 2, it will total out in a 8:9 - while with matches prematurely ending, theres no way to tell what the actual score was and you will just have a draw.

Sasha_Vykos
15th Jan 2015, 16:53
I appreciate bug fixes and also the modification to the fane (I can imagine its about the really open section of the map).

But I don't really like the party split..why do you think that players team up togheter? I think.. to play togheter! So I don't think
that this can be the solution to the imbalaced lobbies, because 90% of the time the players splitted up will leave the lobby. I will do this as a player that want to play with a friend.

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 16:57
It's something we'll be monitoring. It is feedback we have been getting from players. With Open Beta, and more players accessing the game, things will change a bit. It is definitely something we'll be keeping an eye on though, to see what the best solution is.

Captain3009
15th Jan 2015, 16:59
Just a little question, will the double xp event also count for the mysterious Items?

eXmoRtiZ
15th Jan 2015, 17:01
EU: Party servers are down :S

There is any estimated starting time?

Psyonix_Corey
15th Jan 2015, 17:15
If the noscam had been stealing MI's from players, wouldn't that mean that if one player gets the item, another player can't. I thought the developers had said it didn't work that way.

MI's cannot be "stolen", the patch note is just a lighthearted reference to people's paranoia about Noscam Spectator somehow affecting their own chances.

Vampmaster
15th Jan 2015, 17:18
MI's cannot be "stolen", the patch note is just a lighthearted reference to people's paranoia about Noscam Spectator somehow affecting their own chances.

That's fine, then. The way the patch note was phrased implied that those people were correct. I was just making sure that wasn't the case.

Garfild_ru
15th Jan 2015, 17:50
Русская версия
Russian Version
http://nosgoth.ru/1265-update-15-01-2015/

RazielWarmonic
15th Jan 2015, 17:55
Flashpoint.
yes pls.

YaronMS
15th Jan 2015, 18:10
But I don't really like the party split..why do you think that players team up togheter? I think.. to play togheter! So I don't think
that this can be the solution to the imbalaced lobbies, because 90% of the time the players splitted up will leave the lobby. I will do this as a player that want to play with a friend.

I entirely agree with you.

Unless the intention behind this change is to force premades to leave the lobby, this change will not work out well... At least party invitations don't bug as much as they did earlier in closed beta. I remember those times, when you had to restart your game 5-6 times just to get back in a party after leaving a lobby, because you got split up.

Psyonix_Eric
15th Jan 2015, 18:41

Here you go. :)

The changes are more extensive than what shows in this one shot. The intent was to reduce human camping that would commonly occur in this corner on the left.

Large columns were added (you can see them on the right) to give Sentinels something more to hide behind while flying towards this corner.
The buildings you see on your left have a larger area up top to run around on and also have more chest-high cover that vampires can hide behind while attempting to get the drop on humans in this corner.
Other chest-high cover was added on the upper level above and to the left of the camera in this shot.
The corner to the left of Raziel's statue also had buildings added for multiple purpose - it gave vampires a shorter structure to climb in case they needed to get away, and it removed that corner as being a camping spot for humans
The health station there was moved as well.

RazielWarmonic
15th Jan 2015, 18:58
Eric.
I love you.

brombeerbabak2
15th Jan 2015, 19:12
ok time for some feedback

dont like teamplit !!! but cant wait to play sige mod again XD

play it a month now, but getting split up with a friend you have ,because someone leave in the other team is a horrible solution that would make me maybe quit because my mate i play the game with would not like to be in the other team and stop playing

it was the reason we quited several monthg ago. now after i come back it will happen again ....

in my opinion the problem is that you get matched up with lvl 40 directly when you hit lvl 10 . it is unbalanced because there are not so much players online at strange times, to make the matchmaking rules fit, you end up with veterans ,if no other match is avalible because the matchmaking want to find a game as fast as possible.

it feels like people not want to get a loose and quit , because the loose is not counted if they ragequit before the match ends.
maybe this would help with leavers . add ranked stats and normal team dm stats. dont make the games already half over where you get thrown in count in the statistics

ranked stats should not be able to be reseted
normal deathmatch profile stats should be able to reset. so if you improved after a month of playing and you want to know you accuracy , the noob times still count , so you cant messure your current accuracy and avarage dmg per round correctly

My solutions for getting balanced matches

-make it possible to to be able to switch in the enemy team by your own will if they have no players instead of auto balance

-make premades get thrown in lobbys with other premade teams , and if someone in the worse team ragequit , throw in a lvl 40 guy to balance the match out , instead of splitting friends !!! who want to own a round and get switched in the loosing team ??

-make avarage dmg count in the matchmaking , someone with 16-20k avarage dmg a round over the last 20 round is maybe a super op guy who maybe would already be lvl 100 is there would be no lvl cap

-plz add ranked matches for lvl 40 + players only
ranked 4 vs 4 premade, or solo q with just 1 premade allowed , like in "league of legends"

-make new recruit matches till lvl 30 avalible

-add an official nosgoth teamspeak where new players can find friends group up , instead of splitting them .

it is a team game right ?? hope my feedback helps

-remove lvl cap !!! make every lvl over 40 take 2k kills . every 5 lvls over 40 should get a special skin

GizmoJebus
15th Jan 2015, 19:16
I love the change of splitting up pubstomping groups in the name of balancing out the matches. I wouldn't consider myself a bad player, but when I only get to play an hour or so a night and I get matched up against groups utilizing VOIP's to crush my "team" into the dirt it gets frustrating. Just trash talk each other if you happen to get split up, I don't see the big deal. It will make the matches much more interesting this way. I'm sure the system would only split you as a last resort anyway, though from what i understand it does weigh a party as having a higher MMR than if the party queued separately.

<--- Looking forward to the direction this game is going =) (super excited about the Jan 23rd reveals)

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 19:17
Eric is my favourite Eric.

Just a heads up everyone, we'll remain in maintenance for a while longer. I'll post some news once I have it!

RazielWarmonic
15th Jan 2015, 19:17
plz dont tell us that when we pnly play with 1 friend together that we will get split up in 4 man teams i can understand it but playing with a friend get ruined this way !!!

Duos don't get split up (or at least shouldn't), it's more so for 3-4 people partying together from my understanding!

Cristari
15th Jan 2015, 19:40
[SIZE=5][b]Matchmaking

Searches will now begin with a narrower acceptable skill range and broaden that range more slowly if no appropriate games can be found initially
Premade parties will once again be split up during team balancing if facing a team of random players whose average skill is significantly less than that of the premade’s
Other matchmaking improvements and fine tuning are ongoing and will be deployed in the background without further client patches

http://i.giphy.com/2xIOiAPXonois.gif

Finally some joy for the solo players.

Ysanoire
15th Jan 2015, 19:46
Duos don't get split up (or at least shouldn't), it's more so for 3-4 people partying together from my understanding!

In the old system couples got split too, so I guess it can still happen. But

but getting split up with a friend you have ,because someone leave in the other team is a horrible solution

it doesn't happen in the middle of the match because someone leaves, it happens in the lobby if one team is significantly stronger than the other.

I do hope though that with the other changes to matchmaking people will get matched more or less accurately so the split won't be needed. If I get separated from my party too often for no reason I'm gonna whine LOUD.

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 20:04
We're back online now!

Screwby-Dew
15th Jan 2015, 20:32
Hi !
I gave a quick look to The Fane and noticed a bug, there seems to be an invisible block along the red line. I was able to climb it while pressing shift though.

I like the changes by the way :)

Psyonix_Eric
15th Jan 2015, 20:43
Hi !
I Gave a quick look to The Fane and noticed a bug, there seems to be an invisible block along the red line. I was able to climb it while pressing shift though.

I like the changes by the way :)
Thanks. Not sure how QA missed that one but I see the problem. I'll get it fixed asap.

Vampmaster
15th Jan 2015, 20:51
Some of the text on the abilities is wrong where it's supposed to show the key mapping as well.

Cristari
15th Jan 2015, 21:26
This is a TEST RUN and you may encounter issues or imbalances. Please let us know what issues you encounter so we can improve on the mode!

Flashpoint:

Some points are far too close together and far far to easy to defend as a Vampire.
This mode has not changed much in any way other than the point scoring system and the spawn locations
Match summery sometimes does not appear.
Only having 2 points to attack at a time is limiting for the Humans especially on small maps like the ones we have.
The maps are too small for this type of game play.
Team Stacking kills this game 4 Jumping Tyrants or 4 Volley Scouts can cause a major upset and unbalanced game play.

Shikei001
15th Jan 2015, 22:54
Flashpoint:

Some points are far too close together and far far to easy to defend as a Vampire.
This mode has not changed much in any way other than the point scoring system and the spawn locations
Match summery sometimes does not appear.
Only having 2 points to attack at a time is limiting for the Humans especially on small maps like the ones we have.
The maps are too small for this type of game play.
Team Stacking kills this game 4 Jumping Tyrants or 4 Volley Scouts can cause a major upset and unbalanced game play.

I agree with the location of the capture points, the two points available to capture should always be as far away as possible.
Can't say anything to the new scoring system, seems fine so far, but more testing needed.
I think if the capturing points are further away from each other the maps should be big enough.
Had no problem with class stacking so far (if they stack Tyrants use Alch's, if they stack Sent's use Scouts usw.)^^

One problem I had, the fire in the capturing points is far to loud !
I mean most of the time I can't hear anything else, if I'm standing next to it.

Screwby-Dew
15th Jan 2015, 23:46
One problem I had, the fire in the capturing points is far to loud !
I mean most of the time I can't hear anything else, if I'm standing next to it.
I agree with this ! The fire's noise is way too loud.

PencileyePirate
16th Jan 2015, 00:33
Large columns were added (you can see them on the right) to give Sentinels something more to hide behind while flying towards this corner.

IMO this should be reverted. The two large pillars get in the way of climbing up to bridge and and hurt vampire visibility just as much as humans'. This is particularly bad because it just feels like a cop out thrown in last second to break line-of-sight. At the very least they need to be reduced in diameter.

Also the new HP station seems too close to another by blue/red halls.

Shikei001
16th Jan 2015, 15:14
- Flashpoint
I think 6 minutes may be too much... it is far to easy for humans to win...
Just had 3 Draws in a row xD always 6 to 6 because everytime the humans won completely^^
(with different teams and enemys^^ but at least it shows that MM is working xD)

Also I get kind of weird sound bugs on Sommerdamm during Flashpoint (near a capture point), I hear every sound double...
Example: I shoot once but hear 2 (but its very short after another so it sounds rly weird..) and happens with all skills to.. (explosive shot is espacially annoying...)

Varulven
16th Jan 2015, 19:20
Also I get kind of weird sound bugs on Sommerdamm during Flashpoint (near a capture point), I hear every sound double...
Example: I shoot once but hear 2 (but its very short after another so it sounds rly weird..) and happens with all skills to.. (explosive shot is espacially annoying...)

Having the same issue in Sommerdamm.
Also I think the Fire audio at the capture stations is too loud, I barely can hear the rest of the environment's audio.

RainaAudron
17th Jan 2015, 11:08
Can we please fix that annoying stacking fire noise in Flashpoint? It is making my game stutter really bad, making it unplayable.

RazielWarmonic
17th Jan 2015, 17:28
Can we please fix that annoying stacking fire noise in Flashpoint? It is making my game stutter really bad, making it unplayable.

Didn't they already say they fixed this internally? ><

At least, I think Corey mentioned it somewhere... maybe it was in a stream chat.

RainaAudron
17th Jan 2015, 18:01
I have played today and it was still present :/

RazielWarmonic
17th Jan 2015, 18:07
I have played today and it was still present :/

By internally I mean in the developer's build, not our's. It's yet to be pushed out to live. The fix will probably come with the open beta patch if I had to guess.

Psyonix_Corey
17th Jan 2015, 20:23
By internally I mean in the developer's build, not our's. It's yet to be pushed out to live. The fix will probably come with the open beta patch if I had to guess.

Stuck fire noise should be fixed and volume is reduced. Also tweaked some numbers on initial time limit, capture time bonus, and human respawn time in Flashpoint. And a performance optimization for the Flashpoint cannons that hopefully helps the people having FPS issues.

Not sure if it will be live for OB on Weds. or shortly afterward.