PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta Starts January 21st!

Saikocat
14th Jan 2015, 14:13
Hey everyone,

Yep, the day you've all been waiting for is upon us! The Nosgoth Open Beta starts next Wednesday, January 21st!

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-open-beta-starts-january-21st-2015/

From that point on, the moment so many of you have been waiting will arrive. Anyone that wishes to play Nosgoth will be able to easily download the game on Steam (for PC) for free, and start playing instantly. This marks a huge milestone for the game and we invite everyone to join the War!

On Monday and Tuesday (January 19th and 20th) Nosgoth will be offline for those two days as we prepare everything for the launch. The Nosgoth Open Beta will then start on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 at 10am PST / 1pm EST / 6pm GMT / 7pm CET. As an extra bonus, we're giving out DOUBLE XP on any matches played during the first week.

To mark the occasion, and share details of upcoming content, we will be streaming a live session from Psyonix’s studios in San Diego on our Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth). We'll be giving you an exclusive look at some exciting upcoming updates, take questions in the chat, and generally celebrate the launch. Be sure to tune in at 11.30am PST / 2.30pm EST / 7.30 pm GMT / 8.30pm CET on Friday 23rd of January 2015 – We’ll see you there!

We wouldn't be here with you guys, the fans, and all the support we've had so far. This is a big moment for Nosgoth, and we're really looking forward to welcoming lots of new fans to the game, and this forum! :)

Jallford
14th Jan 2015, 14:20
Excellent, hope everything goes smoothly and there are tons of new friendly faces to claw and shoot.

One question: will double XP stack with any boosters you have running or did I pick the wrong month to activate a booster?

Saikocat
14th Jan 2015, 14:34
It should stack, but I'll make double-sure for you and confirm in the thread.

Jallford
14th Jan 2015, 14:40
Cheers!

SquirrelInDaSky
14th Jan 2015, 14:45
Is the summoner going to be available right away, or is it coming during the open beta?

Halpachino
14th Jan 2015, 14:49
Is their any other updates coming with the open beta. new map,crafting ,summoner, flash point etc.
or is it just going into open beta ?

Varulven
14th Jan 2015, 14:55
Yay!

Read the news in german: http://tales-of-nosgoth.de/index.php/news

lucinvampire
14th Jan 2015, 15:16
AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D this is sooooooo cool - can't wait!!!!! :D

Zurtonn
14th Jan 2015, 15:42
Would be nice to know what this 3 day huge ass patch will bring in new to the game :p Rlly excitd tho ^^ I really hope alot new content will be added :p

Captain3009
14th Jan 2015, 16:05
Yeeey, that is fantastic news, so looking forward to this, but...but two days without Nosgoth...I will have withdrawal symptoms. LOL :D

-Konf-
14th Jan 2015, 16:19
Is the summoner going to be available right away, or is it coming during the open beta?
So far what we've been told is that Summoner will be the first major content release since open beta. What we also know is that there's going to be a developer stream on Friday (2 days after open beta starts) and it's currently advertised as a showcase of new features to be added to the game in the future. Therefore I'm guessing she won't be out just yet, even though I'm really hoping for a surprise at launch with some new content. On a separate thought - I think it's best she comes out a bit later. That way the launch and any issues encountered during the process get the immediate attention instead of a few bugs / balance suggestions that I'm expecting to come with the release of a new class.

@Halpachino - my guess is that the Summoner won't be out just yet, and the map will be released even after her. Crafting might be a bit ambitious too (but maybe we'll get a sneak peak during the stream?), but if it's anything I'd bet on Flash Point. That being said - you never know what surprises await!

And of course - Open Beta hype! Can't wait to watch this game grow!

SirRudyMan
14th Jan 2015, 16:28
Great news! :D

Does this mean the matchmaking skin and banner rewards will also be given on the 21st of January?

RazielWarmonic
14th Jan 2015, 16:55
I'm. Pumped. As. Hell.

I think this goes without saying, though.

Also Cat, I know I've been bombarding you with questions lately, but do you know if Nosgoth is going to be promoted on Twitch again for this release? Would be awesome to know ahead of time. Thanks. :D

Saikocat
14th Jan 2015, 17:19
Also Cat, I know I've been bombarding you with questions lately, but do you know if Nosgoth is going to be promoted on Twitch again for this release? Would be awesome to know ahead of time. Thanks. :D

There will be some activity on Twitch as well, I'll see what I can find out! :)

Does this mean the matchmaking skin and banner rewards will also be given on the 21st of January?

Stay tuned for an update on the matchmaking rewards, and on Flashpoint... ;)

The Summoner will be joining after Open Beta, so she's not joining us right away, I'm afraid, but the wait won't be long!

PencileyePirate
14th Jan 2015, 18:19
So what's the point of referrals once we get into open beta? ... any word on the skins being attainable in some other way?

SirRudyMan
14th Jan 2015, 18:27
Stay tuned for an update on the matchmaking rewards, and on Flashpoint... ;)

Sounds promising! I can't wait! :D:thumb:

DunhamSmash
14th Jan 2015, 21:07
It should stack, but I'll make double-sure for you and confirm in the thread.

Confirmed. Double XP WILL stack with Boosters.

:)

FireWorks_
14th Jan 2015, 21:40

:)

The last double XP event was a bit confusing. Will the true XP values be visible this time?

DunhamSmash
14th Jan 2015, 23:40
The last double XP event was a bit confusing. Will the true XP values be visible this time?

The Double XP rewards will work the same as it did in the last event. Eventually that may change in future Double XP events, but that's TBD at the moment.

Lomonop
15th Jan 2015, 09:01
So what's the point of referrals once we get into open beta?
I'd expect it to still be there, as it is a form of mouth-to-mouth advertisement (sort of).

Cristari
15th Jan 2015, 19:50
This is a big moment for Nosgoth, and we're really looking forward to welcoming lots of new fans to the game, and this forum! :)

Bigger than you know. I really really hope there is a large influx of players as the amount of people currently playing isn't that great and it is really easy to get into it atm being free will not make a major difference IMO but I would love to be wrong.

Hey everyone,

Yep, the day you've all been waiting for is upon us! The Nosgoth Open Beta starts next Wednesday, January 21st!

-

The Summoner will be joining after Open Beta, so she's not joining us right away, I'm afraid, but the wait won't be long!

So the summoner will be a little later on. Just how late and when is the reveal for the Human class?

Saikocat
15th Jan 2015, 20:08
We'll share some more detail on that once we can, you won't have to wait long for news (on both).

Cristari
15th Jan 2015, 20:23
We'll share some more detail on that once we can, you won't have to wait long for news (on both).

I Squeezed a little wee out I'm that excited!

Jallford
16th Jan 2015, 09:21

:)Excellent.

MasterShuriko
21st Jan 2015, 14:16
gimme some juicy patchnotes :poke: