PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel Flying Guide - Basic + Advanced Techniques

RazielWarmonic
13th Jan 2015, 23:10
I did a YouTube
(but I don't really know how to)

Hopefully this helps someone out though, I posted it in my Sentinel guide but just in case you missed it here it is:

IaARdB2YZKI

CardinalSmoke
14th Jan 2015, 07:11
That wall-bounce is interesting... I hadn't noticed it before. Now that I'm aware, it seems like a bad mechanic. I wonder, why grant a boost instead of nothing at all? Or perhaps it's an unintended side effect.

Anyway, I don't mean to turn this into a mechanics discussion. Just saying, I learned something new! Nice guide :)

Shutenti
14th Jan 2015, 11:17
Thanks for the great guide, Raziel! I've used walls to slide along just before capturing before but using them for a boost is a mechanic is new to me, too.

Was that a deliberate fake out of the humans in the closing sequence video? A couple of quick swoops around in a circle to attract attention while your team gets into position before actually diving in for the grab once the fight starts? I'd love to see some tips along those lines in a future guide!

RazielWarmonic
14th Jan 2015, 16:58
Was that a deliberate fake out of the humans in the closing sequence video? A couple of quick swoops around in a circle to attract attention while your team gets into position before actually diving in for the grab once the fight starts? I'd love to see some tips along those lines in a future guide!

Most of the time when I do that I am scouting for exact positions, as in pubs there isn't much communication. Although it was hard to tell, I really was just trying to get a better feel for where they were before I went in for the abduct.

I can try and upload more sentinel (and other classes, perhaps humans?) with combat commentary. I honestly have no idea how helpful they will be as a lot of things are just muscle memory to me now and I don't realize what I am doing, but hey it'll probably be beneficial for me to do anyway!

lucinvampire
15th Jan 2015, 13:31
Great guide Warmonic - I don't really play Sent as so bad at him - only tend to play in Private Matches when mucking around with mates but I'm so going to give the advanced flying techniques a go next time I play him. :)

CraneL
31st Jul 2015, 05:04
I'm really late to the party, but this is a great guide! Thanks for making it!