PDA

View Full Version : FFVII: Worth Buying?

ghatt
6th Sep 2012, 18:04
Hey all,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the re-release of this game in the past few weeks. I just wanted to ask a few questions. First, I should let you know I'm a huge fan of the game and am dying to replay it. With that being said, my questions are as follows:

1. Are people still having trouble downloading the game?
2. Are people still having problems with the DRM?
3. Do the soundtrack fixes COMPLETELY work? I mean, do they **** the game up?
4. How does the game play? Does it crash a lot? Do you NEED to be online to play it?
5. How does it handle higher resolutions? I'm at 1920x1080?
6. Anything else you feel I should know before puchasing it?

- Ludovik

member_10228357
6th Sep 2012, 18:42
I just bought it and I can't download it. There is no link, no nothing.... I've put in a support ticket, but who knows when that will be answered.

aesirknight
6th Sep 2012, 18:59
i've done the same...it's rather rediculous...charge money for something with no real download button...c'mon square-enix....i love Enix before it merged, same with Squaresoft....don't let me down...

<edit> btw...i've revisited the origional download page, and it still brings me to a "buy" page...such crap...plz don't make me bring a lawyer into this...........just praying...

Exalb
6th Sep 2012, 19:33
I can't download it either! I went to findmyorder.com and found details of my order, but no download button! I also sent in a ticket, but unless this is resolved and we get our games, then I'm not buying anything from this site again. I'm very agitaited.

cloud4u2
6th Sep 2012, 20:11
i can't download or find a download page

Jpn2kSE-374465
7th Sep 2012, 16:11
Hey all,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the re-release of this game in the past few weeks. I just wanted to ask a few questions. First, I should let you know I'm a huge fan of the game and am dying to replay it. With that being said, my questions are as follows:

1. Are people still having trouble downloading the game?
2. Are people still having problems with the DRM?
3. Do the soundtrack fixes COMPLETELY work? I mean, do they **** the game up?
4. How does the game play? Does it crash a lot? Do you NEED to be online to play it?
5. How does it handle higher resolutions? I'm at 1920x1080?
6. Anything else you feel I should know before puchasing it?

- Ludovik

Questions 1 & 2: Yes, I believe so. There are still new posts and threads being made in forums of other gaming sites.

Question 3: Not sure, sorry.

Question 4: The game itself plays very smooth for me under Windows 7. It has not crashed for after about 5 gaming sessions. Not sure if you NEED to be online to play it. Some people in other forums say that it is not required other than the initial log in. But I have never tried this.

Question 5: It upscales the 3D models, I think... The edges look much smoother compared to the old PC version. However, the pre-rendered backgrounds remain the same.

Question 6: It has a lot of issues with the Cloud saving feature, keeps saying that the sync of save files failed. Many people experience this as well. I logged out and logged back in... only to find out that all my trophies and save files vanished (included the saves that actually synced successfully). I am only left with the option to start a new game at the main screen.

JakeVII25
9th Sep 2012, 09:10
I was going to download it but ever since I came here and there has been countless of threads with technical issues, I decided not to buy it. Not until everything is fixed.

WisemanWong
9th Sep 2012, 11:16
Hmm, well this is very disappointing to hear. I was going to ask a similar question but when I saw this thread having been posted recently decided to take a look and hope that all of the issues that the OP mentioned had been fixed. My real question was going to be if it's worth dropping the money on this game even though I still have my original PS1 discs in mint condition that play fine on my PS2 and PS3. I'm tempted to get it since I've been migrating more and more towards PC games and plus this would give me a good reason to play the game again, which I've really wanted to do but haven't just because my backlog is so ridiculously large. But with all of these serious issues still plaguing the game, that makes my decision simple at this point in time.

This is just really sad - I figured that after they pulled the game the first time and then put it back up that they would have actually fixed the major bugs...I mean am I the only one that thinks that most of these issues never should have been issues in the first place? http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif Seriously, no download button after you buy the game...that shouldn't have been an issue since digital downloads of any sort of media first started becoming mainstream. And on top of that, you have support tickets that have been sitting out there for 3+ days...granted if they were put in Friday, it would be unlikely to hear anything before Monday, but still. Ugh, well it looks like it will still be awhile yet before I drop the dough on this one. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif