PDA

View Full Version : Increase Intermission time.

Cristari
12th Jan 2015, 14:37
I just want to see what peoples reaction would be to increasing the lobby or intermission time between rounds. I personally feel it is too short. If you have a group of people that don't leave between rounds there is hardly enough time to type a full sentence before the countdown starts to the next match.

I would like to see it doubled but I want to know if anyone else thinks that the intermission time is too short.

Vampmaster
12th Jan 2015, 14:45
It might be a good idea to wait for full teams in the interval between rounds if players have left.

snejjjj
12th Jan 2015, 14:46
Intermission should stop/reset when sb leaves and only start counting when there are 8people ready

--Ram--
12th Jan 2015, 15:30
I actually wouldn't mind a longer intermission. Today i messaged some mates to say let me know when the game is done. By the time they could reply I tried to join but the game had already started.

Also it is barely long enough to cater for a rushed bio break

Razaiim
12th Jan 2015, 16:52
The intermission time was shortened to reduce the time between games starting (used to be 60s). Personally I felt the match summary should be shortened and intermission should be longer.

Vampmaster
12th Jan 2015, 16:56
I think Cristari meant between rounds, not matches. That's what I meant anyway. And only if team members have left and one side doesn't have enough.

Cristari
12th Jan 2015, 18:56
Razaiim brings up another 'Grinds my gears' moment. I never have enough time to read the match summery at the end of the match, it flashes by. And yes I talk about the time between games in the intermission lobby when no one leaves it is very short if someone leaves you have until someone else joins to have your chat with your team mates and foe.

Ysanoire
12th Jan 2015, 19:21
I kinda agree. What I would like:

- longer intermission time
- a "ready" button
- ability to access latest match summary from the lobby

Cristari
12th Jan 2015, 21:28

- a "ready" button

+1 for that.

I'd also like access to Noscam from there as well without having to leave the lobby.

FireWorks_
12th Jan 2015, 21:42
Agreed, not enough time to chat.

BUT: Please just solve it via enabling the chat in the ending screens. Currently you cannot chat during mid- and match screens. Dont see a reason to have it disabled at all.

Also, the bio break issue... :)

HugsFromMomma
12th Jan 2015, 21:50
Post game summary could be shortened if it's available in the lobby afterwards. There's a lot with the data and reporting in this game that I would like to see improved, the UI does very little with the screen real estate available.

leifstream
15th Jan 2015, 08:26
After "Match Begins" the the players should be locked in that time. Lobbys are way to often like this: 3vs4, 4th player joins, match countdown starts, player 4 leave, match begins with 3vs4.

Varulven
15th Jan 2015, 12:13
Then they'll leave when the game has started.

In my case it can happen that I leave a full lobby.
It happens when I see it will be a pointless match or when someone joins I really don't want to breathe the same air with.

B1tstreamAlpha
20th Jan 2015, 22:55

- a "ready" button

+1
I rely on the fact that the matchmaking is so slow (and someone always leaves) for bathroom breaks.