PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Breakdown

GenFeelGood
25th Jul 2014, 19:01
I have been trying to break down the vampire classes in terms of the roles they serve, their strongest and weakest traits, when compared to each other. I think I am close but I would like to be sure with a little feedback on where I need to make adjustments.
(Edit)
Strength: Their overall ability to deal with heavy fire
Skill: Their overall ability to traverse terrain
Stealth: Their overall ability to move Unseen
Speed: Their overall rate of movement and attack speed
Support: Their overall ability to assist the team
Sight: Overall ability to find and monitor the enemy
Traits Ranked From Best (1) to Worst (6)

Tyrant

Strength
Support
Skill
Speed
Stealth
Sight

Reaver

Speed
Skill
Strength
Sight
Stealth
Support

Sentinel

Skill
Speed
Sight
Support
Strength
Stealth

Deceiver

Stealth
Support
Sight
Speed
Skill
Strength

Sorrowgate
25th Jul 2014, 22:02
Nice list, there are only two small adjustments that I'd consider:

Sentinel might be better at stealth than strength, depending on what you mean by deal with heavy fire. They're pretty flimsy and Take Off isn't hard to follow with your sights and keep shooting at the Sentinel. On the other hand, while Sentinels are very noisy fliers, they can approach pretty quietly and out of sight with minimal use of flight and using cover well during flight. If you just fly or jump from rooftop to rooftop without putting yourself in human vision you can be pretty hard to spot, and then you have the bonus of reaching high ledges meant for vampire ambushes easily. The screech while kidnapping can be hidden a little by gaining height before activating, which doubles as a way to dive in quickly.

Reaver might be better at strength than stealth. Evasion makes them pretty good at avoiding damage and baiting out cooldowns while being the target of heavy fire, shadowstep can dodge damage too if timed well. That said, haste makes them vicious glass cannons. For stealth, they have the normal climbing abilities though they're a smaller frame and climb faster, pounce is usually a pretty loud giveaway to position (I'd love to throw a shoe at the Reavers holding pounce to hide their heads). This one is a pretty grey line though based a lot on what build you use.

By the way, I like the choice of keyword for each trait.

GenFeelGood
26th Jul 2014, 04:00
Nice list, there are only two small adjustments that I'd consider:

Sentinel might be better at stealth than strength, depending on what you mean by deal with heavy fire. They're pretty flimsy and Take Off isn't hard to follow with your sights and keep shooting at the Sentinel. On the other hand, while Sentinels are very noisy fliers, they can approach pretty quietly and out of sight with minimal use of flight and using cover well during flight. If you just fly or jump from rooftop to rooftop without putting yourself in human vision you can be pretty hard to spot, and then you have the bonus of reaching high ledges meant for vampire ambushes easily. The screech while kidnapping can be hidden a little by gaining height before activating, which doubles as a way to dive in quickly.

Reaver might be better at strength than stealth. Evasion makes them pretty good at avoiding damage and baiting out cooldowns while being the target of heavy fire, shadowstep can dodge damage too if timed well. That said, haste makes them vicious glass cannons. For stealth, they have the normal climbing abilities though they're a smaller frame and climb faster, pounce is usually a pretty loud giveaway to position (I'd love to throw a shoe at the Reavers holding pounce to hide their heads). This one is a pretty grey line though based a lot on what build you use.

By the way, I like the choice of keyword for each trait.

Very valid points, I kept going back and forth on those two adjustments before I put up the list so its good to see it wasn't just me being neurotic. When I say heavy fire I mean when the shots are being fired all around and everyone is out in the open. It is their chances for surviving when compared to the others, regardless of whether they choose to fight or fly.

Sentinels are certainly capable of blindsiding a human; but they are the most exposed while they are in the air, unless the always fly low. Before Air Strike a Sentinel had little chance of effecting a well positioned human team, by themselves, without getting blown away.

The Reaver change is spot on. I forgot the growl they make and how it basically spells out to the humans that you are there and what general area you are crouched in. This does make their Strength better than their Stealth.

Edit
There is an element I am missing. Perhaps I should factor in their ability to track, Sight?

Sorrowgate
26th Jul 2014, 14:31
Very good point. Sentinel is my favourite class so I tend to reflect my playstyle on posts. I always use Abduct/Rupture/Air Strike and tend to fly (or climb) low to use cover and make as little noise as possible while still taking advantage of how easily Sentinels can get around. Flying high is usually just for moving towards the top of high cover or gaining height to dive and Abduct, like you said every other time I'm blindsiding with an Air Strike from behind a wall. I still think Sentinels are better at stealth than strength just because they're so squishy, but a Dive Bomb Sentinel is going to make a lot of noise.

Sight is a nice addition, though I think that it could change drastically for Deceivers. As a Dominate Mind Deceiver, they aren't really great at sight, skill or speed. Sight might still be higher because as a Dominate Mind Deceiver you naturally learn all the best spots to hide in to control somebody, meaning you get a nice overview while also remaining as unseen as possible. As a Disguise Deceiver, Sight shoots up over skill and speed because that 5 seconds of stealth gives Deceivers plenty of time to move to a piece of cover closer to the Humans that usually a vampire would get spotted moving into. This also gives them a nice position to monitor their movements.

GenFeelGood
27th Jul 2014, 01:15
You are right about the Deceiver.

I also want to adjust the Tyrant, moving speed up one while taking stealth down one. They may be slowest mover and attackers but overall includes while their abilities; and the speed they achieve during a Charge/Marathon and Jump (especially when used to reach rooftops from the ground) can easily keep up with Sentinels and Reavers.

Sorrowgate
27th Jul 2014, 13:11
I agree about the Tyrant, while using skills they're pretty mobile, but they are incredibly obvious too. Even though normally they're slow they're still easy to see then because of the huge body. They make so much noise while climbing too.