PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Let us decide which abilities we wanna have as primary/secondary

Hyperspeed1000
8th Jan 2015, 14:11
So yeah how the title says....i thought that it would be a nice idea if we could choose which abilities we wanna use on Q und which ones on F cuz right now we are forced to decide between all abilities that take the Q slot /F slot.
With my suggestion ppl could finally ability combinations that are not possible right now like grappling hook+trap mine etc.

Ofc that should only apply for abilities that take the Q + F slot and not special abilities. Also some abilities still should be limited for balance so ppl cant play poison bola and normal bola at the same time instead ppl would have to choose which one they wanna play but they should still have the option on a slot that they want...

So yeah, feel free to leave your opinion. I am open to any feedback :D

Zer0Fantasy
8th Jan 2015, 14:15
I fully agree with this , I have been thinking about this ever since i started playing Nosgoth and think this would give more of an creative way of game play and randomness .

Sanguise23
8th Jan 2015, 14:18
I would love to have more choices however this could really hurt balance, there would have to be so many restrictions on which skill can go where that its pointless to do. dive bomb takeoff could be really OP ,whip and bola, trap and volley, firewall and heal need i go on

Hyperspeed1000
8th Jan 2015, 14:22
its not that OP in my opinion...if you play bola+whip you have no granade/explosive shot which means you have nothing to deal big amount of dmg...same with scout if you play trap and volley you dont have knifes the main stun ability of scout etc...i can continue on and on

chriZor
8th Jan 2015, 14:48
same with scout if you play trap and volley you dont have knifes the main stun ability of scout etc

yeah, you wont need knives cause your vampire popping in 1sec ^^' - 4 scouts, 4 traps 4 volleys, 4 long range poke - massacre :gamer:

Ysanoire
8th Jan 2015, 15:40
I would love to have more choices however this could really hurt balance, there would have to be so many restrictions on which skill can go where that its pointless to do.

I think this could be approached from the other direction. Instead of thinking what restrictions there should be, you could make some skills "slot neutral". Hook and camo could go in any slot, echolocation could go in any slot. I don't know what else, but if one is afraid of op combos (which I'm not sure would be a problem), then this would be a good way to control it.

Enlightened_Fool
8th Jan 2015, 15:42
They're separated for balance, while I understand what you're saying, it would make the game beyond unbalanced and less fun. It might seem more fun as an idea/on paper but in practice it wouldn't be, and even more so for newer players.
If anything I would like to see a new set of moves for each skill type+class or something, but I'd rather see some new classes hehe.

Razaiim
8th Jan 2015, 16:36
This would cause way too many balance problems. Examples:
A scout with grapple + volley would be impossible to handle, as they would have greatly increased range due to the height, and any vampire climbing up would have to deal with almost the full duration of volley.
Hunters with blinding and explosives would do major damage and blind you to boot, or just use two bola's for constant CC.
Dual bomb reavers, You can either sit in a thick cloud of smoke, or run into poison, with no ability for counter-play. Reavers with Evade and Haste would also massacre AND be untouchable.
Tyrants could have 3 skills with stun or knockdown, and the CC+damage would never stop. Imagine Charge, shockwave, throw, each doing 300+ damage coupled with potential for fall damage.
Sentinels could pair Dive-Bomb+take-off for huge hit and run burst, or Air-strike + dive bomb. Wing Flap+Puncture would also be unstoppable, (400+300+variable fall damage from wing flap)
Deceivers with Infect + Backstab wouldn't need an escape since they'd always trade kill for kill worst case scenario for Deceiver. Drop in, backstab for 550, infect for 205+250, melee once, die or escape. Total damage 550+455+205 = 1210, then add some for infect spreading to teammates

Hyperspeed1000
8th Jan 2015, 16:44
i wonder if anyone read the post till the end...again....for this situations if something is too OP you can still limit the ability
2nd vamps need buffs anyway so its a good way to balance out game since they all have a hard time to get even close to humans.