PDA

View Full Version : shooting range to test out weapons

brombeerbabak2
8th Jan 2015, 08:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON9ZQcz9Zd4

the game loadout had such a shooting range and i really liked it , so you can test out weapons, there kick with different perks and and stuff like this ,i think it would be very useful especiually when there will be a more deeper crafting system in future.

somehow i would like to shoot some clay pigeons or something like that

Vampmaster
8th Jan 2015, 14:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON9ZQcz9Zd4

the game loadout had such a shooting range and i really liked it , so you can test out weapons, there kick with different perks and and stuff like this ,i think it would be very useful especiually when there will be a more deeper crafting system in future.

somehow i would like to shoot some clay pigeons or something like that

How about bats and crows as a moving target?

Enlightened_Fool
8th Jan 2015, 15:51
That would be nice for new players but I think maybe some bots, even "useless" AI ones like the tutorial, to practice on with weaps and skills would be better than say an actual range with a target.
Actually if you removed the text/etc from the tutorial, added a loadout select like after you die-with all the skills available w/o purchase/renting, have multiple bots, and could select the map, you'd be mostly good to go.

Vampmaster
8th Jan 2015, 15:58
I don't think the tutorial has good support for long range shooting. You'd need a large unobstructed area, but with a boundary that the AI has to stay inside.

Enlightened_Fool
8th Jan 2015, 16:14
I don't think the tutorial has good support for long range shooting. You'd need a large unobstructed area, but with a boundary that the AI has to stay inside.
I was meaning to use the tutorial as kind of a starting point idea, not to just use it for practice. The AI doesn't seem to do other things(like fly around as sentinel), as I'm sure it's programmed to do just what is needed for the tutorial.
Maybe even separate areas/modes for a range and to practice maps with bots that do at least all basic movements/etc. would be a nice addition.
I've played Loadout, and I know what you're meaning/wanting. I've personally already tried 90% the weps/skills the hard way by renting and using them in game, but if we say had bots that were even really easy- and could do all the skills/movements so we could say practice different skill combo's, see how stuns/dmg thresholds/blinding/ etc will work out before playing would be nice as well.

brombeerbabak2
8th Jan 2015, 23:19
How about bats and crows as a moving target?

good idea XD

brombeerbabak2
9th Jan 2015, 18:36
or a randomly flying vampire which is hard to hit as a minigame how much damage you can do in 15 seconds with every weapon with a personal record you want to beat when you play it again. or how many monsters you can bolder in short time (bolders with a cd from 1 second and a lot of vampires try to attack you.

lucinvampire
11th Jan 2015, 11:35
This is a great idea! I'd love something like this as it'd be really helpdul. :thumb:

Psyonix_Corey
12th Jan 2015, 22:41
We also enjoyed the Loadout shooting range.

It's something we'd like to do - we've discussed this exact idea, as well as a more "sandboxy" type area you could run around in and practice in. Ultimately we'd really like to have bot matches that you can queue up for, similar to LoL/DOTA, but that is a ways off.

Once we get into Open Beta we will sit down with Square-Enix and evaluate when something like this would be realistic to launch.