PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Sentinel/Hunter Gameplay Walkthrough

SilentVirtue
7th Jan 2015, 23:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy25ukRUcG8&feature=youtu.be&a

Hello everyone, as requested, I've uploaded another guide, this is more just a walk through and showing off some of the things you can do as the hunter and sentinel, please excuse the constant gaps in my voice over, its very hard to talk and aim at the same time... and usually I end up not doing one of them.

The game was a completely random and as far as I could tell, no one was pre-made.

I hope everyone can learn something or just be entertained, if you have any specific requests for guides/game play components please let me know.

Furthermore, I'm willing to view nos cam files to provide people with an analysis of in game strategy and the game's current meta!

Enjoy!

FireWorks_
8th Jan 2015, 14:24
Guide on fair play coming too?

I dont get why you do such a nice guide over material of borked matches starting at 4v3 :/ Then pounding them over and over while it's still no a normal match. Could just stop for a second let them all respawn or maybe sit out?

The games are already worse enough, why promoting to drive people out of them game even more?:(

SilentVirtue
8th Jan 2015, 15:45
Hello Fire,

Thanks for the feedback, and while I agree that leavers are a problem, the match was not 4v3 for long, if I'm correct it was after a few mins someone left, another re-joined very quickly The problem isn't that "I'm driving them out of the game" its that there is currently no punishment for leaving a game (cus its beta).

This was one of the few games I played with only a single leaver, I could change my name while playing, but usually people just leave anyway, if i could get a game in which everyone stayed I would, you know I spent 3 hours trying to record a game in which I wasn't called a hacker or someone leaving. (or both)

if you want to form a team that you know wont leave when I'm making a guide, let me know. but I can't sit out when making a guide video/play through simply because the community leaves every game they lose,

And the enemy frequently had opportunities to re-group, the fact they decided not to is not something I can control.

Apologies if this has caused an issue, but my actions were justified and i simply do not have the time to wait for that 1 in 100 games where the enemy don't leave. if you wish you can come play a few games with me to see what I mean about the current state of people leaving when losing, and on occasion by recognition.

FireWorks_
8th Jan 2015, 16:30
Hello Fire,

Thanks for the feedback, and while I agree that leavers are a problem, the match was not 4v3 for long, if I'm correct it was after a few mins someone left, another re-joined very quickly The problem isn't that "I'm driving them out of the game" its that there is currently no punishment for leaving a game (cus its beta).

This was one of the few games I played with only a single leaver, I could change my name while playing, but usually people just leave anyway, if i could get a game in which everyone stayed I would, you know I spent 3 hours trying to record a game in which I wasn't called a hacker or someone leaving. (or both)

if you want to form a team that you know wont leave when I'm making a guide, let me know. but I can't sit out when making a guide video/play through simply because the community leaves every game they lose,

And the enemy frequently had opportunities to re-group, the fact they decided not to is not something I can control.

Apologies if this has caused an issue, but my actions were justified and i simply do not have the time to wait for that 1 in 100 games where the enemy don't leave. if you wish you can come play a few games with me to see what I mean about the current state of people leaving when losing, and on occasion by recognition.

Look at the footage you provide:
RIGHT AT START your team mate says, one dropped.
Then a human responds that his friend crashed.

This is not a topic of leavers and how to punish them. It is just a missing player. It is pure fair play.

Leavers are a nasty thing agreed, but I turned sour right at moment of the start. There is even chatter that not everyone is ready, but the vamps just attack.

But lets say it was a leaver and make a leaving debate out of it:
-Still could have said to wait and let all connect and more importantly spawn together. Ok a bit white knight in shining armor, but leads to a 0-0 4v4 matches in less than 2mins in most cases. 18mins of potential enjoyment to come and every new connecting player is way more likely to stay.

-Could have let the vampires play and sit out yourself. Likely the score would not look too oneside and some more players would take the challenge of hopping in.

-Or could have just done it later when you realized it. "lets wait for the last to connect"

There are these little things we all can contribute to make the situation not worse.

I realize you were not focussing on it due to the commenting for the video, but Id expect you realize that this not a worthy video for someone taking pride in winning ESL in the same forum.

This guy here crashed. But you are fully right on amount of time wasted by people leaving mid match on purpose, by the verbal abuse good players get by getting called hacker and worse, etc. We both know it by daily experience and it is a pain. Let's hope this will sort itself out in near future.

RainaAudron
8th Jan 2015, 17:07
Let me please remind you to stay on topic, since this is in the Guides & Tactics forum section. Thank you.