PDA

View Full Version : Merchandising

Tecstar70
7th Jan 2015, 13:08
TR2013 saw a whole load of merchandising both with the special editions of the game itself and the opening of the Tomb Raider store. What merch would you like to see either platform-specific or not for RotTR?

I went to a store preview night and got a couple of these:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/tecstar/forum%20pics/trall_zpsa3f4fb7e.jpg

I am a sucker for T-shirts, however I would love to see another custom controller:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/tecstar/forum%20pics/2013-03-09132854_zps39f95b3d.jpg

Scion_Light
7th Jan 2015, 15:01
I like to get posters, action figures and artbooks. I did try get a Kaiarts figure for the last game but they kept going for a lot of money.

With how CD having acted over the deal I probably would not buy any ROTTR merchandise in protest (unless CD start being honest about PS and PC versions soon). Console specific items are a dreadful idea as you know it will turn in to Xbox players get everything and the rest of us get nothing so don't want to see that.

WinterSoldierLTE
8th Jan 2015, 00:47
I went to a store preview night

What exactly is that? Is there an actual TR merch store somewhere? In a building?

Tecstar70
8th Jan 2015, 10:55
What exactly is that? Is there an actual TR merch store somewhere? In a building?

In the UK we have a chain of stores called Game. They often do preview nights for new games coming out where you can get on a guest list in advance to go in to a local store on a specific day after hours and play a new game a few days before release. They provide pizza and soft drinks for free and often have promo stuff to giveaway, hence I got the bag, t-shirt and post card set. Ironically I didn't actually get to play it because the gaming booths didn't turn up!

Treeble
8th Jan 2015, 19:31
Can I bother you asking what is the little package next to the shirt and sac in the first photo? :)

AdeleDazeem
8th Jan 2015, 20:40
I've been looking all over for a ladies Tomb Raider shirt like that! I've been wanting it ever since I saw C. Luddington wear it :)

WinterSoldierLTE
9th Jan 2015, 00:26
In the UK we have a chain of stores called Game. They often do preview nights for new games coming out where you can get on a guest list in advance to go in to a local store on a specific day after hours and play a new game a few days before release. They provide pizza and soft drinks for free and often have promo stuff to giveaway, hence I got the bag, t-shirt and post card set. Ironically I didn't actually get to play it because the gaming booths didn't turn up!

Dude, that sounds killer! I'm very jealous! There's nothing like that where I live. :(

Bummer about the M.I.A. booths. Maybe next time.

AlexWeiss
9th Jan 2015, 02:17
I want that journal that was in the competition, but they aren't for sale. One of the devs has an account on the other forums and offered to sell it there, but I don't know how much he'd want it for. Other than that, I usually don't wear t-shirts, so I get sweatshirts, travel mugs, and artbooks.

I'm sure that there'll be a bundle for Xbox One, so in that regard I'd love another controller and perhaps a special object bundled with the game like we got with the pre-order bonuses from Amazon and other places.

Tecstar70
9th Jan 2015, 09:52
Can I bother you asking what is the little package next to the shirt and sac in the first photo? :)

No bother at all! It was a postcard set:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/tecstar/forum%20pics/1e379e2f-bc9d-4dc5-b8aa-9dc5256202d0_zpse132da15.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/tecstar/forum%20pics/pc_zps68b85717.jpg

AdeleDazeem
9th Jan 2015, 10:19
Awesome! You should frame them :)

Tecstar70
13th Jan 2015, 11:04
Awesome! You should frame them :)

Maybe I will. I have 2 sets so I could.

TheArcaneHuntress
14th Jan 2015, 07:00
Definitely want that journal, though beyond that I don't know until we know more about the game :3

AdeleDazeem
14th Jan 2015, 09:30
Maybe I will. I have 2 sets so I could.

I'd love to see it when you have them on your wall :)

Tecstar70
14th Jan 2015, 15:58
I'd love to see it when you have them on your wall :)

I have my LCTOO lithograph and Kate Bush Tour Poster to find wallspace for first!

AdeleDazeem
14th Jan 2015, 21:08
I have my LCTOO lithograph and Kate Bush Tour Poster to find wallspace for first!

Yeah, roger that.
Oh, just curious. The shirt you got, it's a male fit right?

Tecstar70
15th Jan 2015, 11:00
Yeah, roger that.
Oh, just curious. The shirt you got, it's a male fit right?

Yep!

AdeleDazeem
15th Jan 2015, 15:06
Yep!

N'aw. Too bad for me!

WinterSoldierLTE
15th Jan 2015, 23:32
Back to the OP, I wouldn't mind a few posters. The ones in the TR store are ok, nut not really action-y or Tomb Raider-y enough for me, if that makes sense. Make copies of the promo posters available, and I'd be good with that.

I wouldn't mind a few more accessories as well. Some "adult" themed stuff would be nice. You know, ashtrays, clocks, things of that nature. Not typical video game merch, no, but could be cool.

Murphdawg1
24th Jan 2015, 21:46
Will game merchandise only be exclusive to Xbox players?

TranceTrouble
25th Jan 2015, 11:54
Will game merchandise only be exclusive to Xbox players?

well that would be weird if it was true wouldnt it? I highly doubt there will be exclusive merchandise to PS or Xbox players, as you can buy most of it of the tombraider store online, while some are event exclusives or developer exclusives.

Murphdawg1
25th Jan 2015, 15:05
well that would be weird if it was true wouldnt it? I highly doubt there will be exclusive merchandise to PS or Xbox players, as you can buy most of it of the tombraider store online, while some are event exclusives or developer exclusives.

It was a sarcastic question:rasp:

TranceTrouble
3rd Feb 2015, 18:37
It was a sarcastic question:rasp:

sorry if it sounded harsh didnt mean to offend you ;)

RobinHuey
12th Feb 2015, 00:21
Thanks for the feedback on merch everyone. Some really cool ideas here! We’ll look into throwing a journal in for our next contest. :)

In the meantime, I saw some of you discussing posters and wall art and we DO have a custom Tomb Raider Valentine’s Day card signed by the studio and an autographed LCTOO lithograph up for grabs in our Valentine’s Day Contest this month!

Check it out here if you ‘re interested: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151524

Treeble
11th Aug 2015, 21:20
Sorry for ~le mighty bump~ but with the game initial launch just three months from now, shouldn't we already be seeing merchandise announcements?

We know of a prototype Play Arts Kai figure, which might or might not be part of the collector's edition (which might or might not even exist lol), and the artbook. Oh, and that UK-exclusive preorder bonus steelbook. Will that be all?

Shouldn't we be seeing, at the very least, a new wave of Rise-inspired shirts on the official TR store?

WinterSoldierLTE
11th Aug 2015, 22:33
Sorry for ~le mighty bump~ but with the game initial launch just three months from now, shouldn't we already be seeing merchandise announcements?

We know of a prototype Play Arts Kai figure, which might or might not be part of the collector's edition (which might or might not even exist lol), and the artbook. Oh, and that UK-exclusive preorder bonus steelbook. Will that be all?

Shouldn't we be seeing, at the very least, a new wave of Rise-inspired shirts on the official TR store?

Yeah, it does seem kinda late in the game. Not for a merch announcement, but a lack thereof. But Hell, 'T.O.O.' shirts were announced fairly late as well if I remember right. Just odd that a company with a product that loads of people want waits so long before selling merch for it. Most other companies do it when a new game is announced.

Did spot these tho in the E3 ambassadors blog.

width=150

Tecstar70
11th Aug 2015, 22:35
I wouldn't say it's too late for merch. A lot of promo stuff will be out leading up to launch and the online store only really got going after the launch of TR2013 IIRC.

WinterSoldierLTE
11th Aug 2015, 22:47
I wouldn't say it's too late for merch. A lot of promo stuff will be out leading up to launch and the online store only really got going after the launch of TR2013 IIRC.

No, I didn't mean it's too late in terms of: "Blah, they've waited too long! I don't want a shirt now!" or anything like that, it just seems odd that it's this close and there's still nothing. It's fine, just odd.

Treeble
12th Aug 2015, 02:26
The first LCTOO shirts were up right when the game was announced, which is why I find odd we have nothing about Rise yet in there.

Tecstar70
12th Aug 2015, 07:27
The first LCTOO shirts were up right when the game was announced, which is why I find odd we have nothing about Rise yet in there.

Ok, didn't remember that! How about TR2013?

Treeble
12th Aug 2015, 15:31
The store went live on Feb 2013, just a month prior to game launch. Lots of goodies (shirts, hoodies, bags, a cap, a mug etc) for sale then. Once the game was out they offered more things, like the soundtrack, lithographs, the Play Arts figurine... and more shirts, ofc. lol

Relight-TRHQ
14th Aug 2015, 03:25
This thread is great to discuss merch leading up to Rise, but just a reminder not to forget that there's actually a dedicated sub-forum for the official merch store, including a request thread! :D

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=383