PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Counter-Class Guides

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:18
So I've seen some more complaints about ye olde class stacking and how to deal with, so that and with some demand I am moving the class-counter guides to their own thread for easier viewing. This will mostly be a reposting of my old Counter guides which are buried in the depths of the massive Community Guide, with updates to reflect new changes and experience, and better formatting for read-ability's sake.

If I can work it out, I will post links to go to an individual class. This is low on priority, and may not happen at all, just something I'm thinking about.

Important Notes

- Jan 28th: First Revision, posted pre-liminary thoughts on anti-summoner (Coming out feb 3rd squeeee). These are based on what was shown in both the October stream and the Jan 23rd stream, and could have changed significantly between now, and well after release, like the Deceiver and Prophet prior. Please allow some weeks of testing and murdering before I update with more relevant and accurate information. Also added links to Summoner and Shieldbearer sections.

- Welcome to Open Beta! Keep in mind that some newer features such as immolate can be open to significant changes in the coming weeks. If this happens please allow a few weeks testing before I update this guide.

- I am satisifed with the current content and layout of the material in this guide. Any feedback can be sent to my (Razaiim) via Private messaging, posted at the end of this thread, or sent to me on steam (SirShua, might be "Mr. Dr. Sir Sirshua to you" right now).

- This guide is accurate as of: January 28th, 2015. Please allow some time for changes beyond small number tunings to be tested and all that hooplah.

Jump Links
Counter Reaver (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095611#post2095611)
Counter Tyrant (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095612#post2095612)
Counter Sentinel (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095613#post2095613)
Counter Deceiver (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095614#post2095614)
Counter Summoner (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2096349#post2096349)

Counter Hunter (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095617#post2095617)
Counter Alchemist (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095619#post2095619)
Counter Scout (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095620#post2095620)
Counter Prophet (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2095621#post2095621)
Counter Shieldbearer (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=150284&p=2096350#post2096350)

Shout Outs:
-FireWorks_ for doing the Jump links
- Every single player I have played with or against since November 2013, for incrementally adding to my knowledge and understanding of the game

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:18
Ricky The Reaver is perhaps the most troublesome class in the game. It lacks any specific disadvantages like the Tyrants large frame and low speed, or the Sentinels visibility at altitude. With the holy pounce trinity he can effectively take cover in many places the other vampires can't. How do we take on a Reaver, and deal with an army (read 2-4 of em)

What do we know?
We know that the Reaver, despite the number of skills available to him, actually has a very limited toolkit in terms of how his skills function.
The Reaver will have one of the mechanically identical pounce trinity skills or sweeping kick. Discerning which one will take some observation but it is typically easy to figure out: If he is crouched and moving at a crawl, he will have Pounce or Savage Pounce. If he is crouched and moving at standard speed: it is leap attack. If he is doing neither, and is going to great lengths to avoid your shots, then he will most likely have sweeping kick.
In his primary skill slot, the Reaver will always have a thrown AoE grenade, either Smoke Bomb, or Choking Haze.
In his secondary skill slot, the Reaver will have an ability that recolours him and gives stat tweaks, or a limited range teleport.

General Tactics
Expect that the Reaver is going to throw one of his bombs before he gears up for the attack. To prepare, you need to pick a wide open area for the initial engagement. You will need room to navigate around the AoE. Indoors are not ok, as it is a simple matter for a vampire to roll in front of the door, or down through a roof, drop the grenade, then pull out. Your team should be spread out so that only one of you can be hit by these bombs, but it is also key to keep each other in line of sight and easy firing range.

Keep your eyes on the sky-line, as the roofs are the favourite lurking spot. If you see a small black ball coming in, dodge out and sprint until you’re clear. Now you have a snap decision to make: If you saw where the bomb came from, you can stay trained on that spot and be prepared for when the Reaver sticks his head out, or maneuver so that you cannot be pounced from that angle and support any team-mates that may have been assaulted in the chaos. If a teammate has been pounced and is pinned down, use standard attacks to dislodge the Reaver quickly. It may be tempting to use a more powerful skill, but these are best used for the big brawl.

When the bloodsuckers finally commit you again have a judgement call to make: Unload all of your skills right away, or fight it out and use your skills more strategically. Both are viable, and are worthy of weighing the pros and cons. The large burst of damage available can vaporize a reaver if he is focus fired. However, the Reaver's secondaries give him tremendous leeway with his fights. I typically advise saving your skills for when one of these appear. Evade turns a reaver blue and makes him immune to most standard weapons. Saving AoE damage skills will be crucial to bringing down the reaver before he can escape and haunt you with more smoke, poison and pounces. You should also take the fact he cannot attack to reload, as shooting him will do nothing. Haste on the other hand, colours the reaver purple and makes the reaver dramatically more powerful, granting him higher attack and movement speed. CC skills are more appropriate here, causing the reaver to waste this ability. Shadow-step is a trackable blink, and simply keeping it in sight is all you can do until he re-emerges. Another quick note about Shadow step is I have seen players use it near the edge of a smoke bomb, and travel unnoticed to land behind human players firing into the smoke. Remember to keep some space and watch for any tendrils of smoke rapidly shooting off.
Once a Reaver's cooldowns are spent, he is left with only his auto-attacks, running and climbing. Which is relatively easy to clean up. just constant fire, mixed with opportune dodging will be enough to polish him off if he stays to fight.

Hunter Loadouts and Tips
I would recommend any crossbow except the multi-bow. Due to the lower fire rate, and the potential to miss 1-2 shots on every click, because of a reaver's high speed, this crossbow just doesn't put out the damage fast enough.
Which bola you use is more for personal seasoning than anything. I use standard for a longer stun and faster cooldown, but poison persists through evade and shadow-step. Whip can also be used, as it deals moderate damage, and the stagger allows a few more shots to be fired off. Note that the whip has a short range, and using whip to yoink a vampire off a wall is more effort than it is worth.
Explosive shot and Blinding shot are from my experience the better secondary skills. I find grenades easy enough to dodge in many cases, and evade prevents sticky grenade from sticking, but they can be used to bring the hurt if an ally has been pounced, or if a number of vampires are in small area while being distracted.

I would suggest saving Bola for emergencies, or for when a reaver goes super-saiyan with Haste. Do not try to Bola an evading Reaver, it does not work. I repeat: DO. NOT. BOLA. THE GLOWING BLUE VAMPIRE. I've seen it happen so much it really needs to be emphasized that much. With blinding shot you can burn out haste and be more liberal with bola use instead. If you know the reaver is packing evade, then reserve your explosive or blinding shots for when he uses this, to squeeze in that extra bit of possibly fatal damage.

Scout Loadouts and Tips
For scouts, I would suggest either swiftbow or stormbow, but the compound bow is serviceable. The warbow's low clip size and slow fire rate won't cut it, even with the knockdown. The Swiftbow's large clip and higher fire-rate make it useful all around, while the stormbow with proper planning is effective against evading or hiding reavers with it's splash.
Throwing knives should be your go-to primary, as the close ranged nature of the reaver lets him track camo with relative ease. Mark Target has it's merits if the team is coordinated enough to target fire, but keep in mind that they may be otherwise engaged.
In the Secondary slot, I would recommend volley, as it can be thrown to flush out a hiding reaver, and has a decent sized AoE. It is also unaffected by vertical movement, so using it near an escape route ensures hefty damage. If you insist on fighting near an indoors or cramped space, turret does higher damage, while volley does not work inside. Traps are easy enough for a vampire to avoid unless you hunker over them, or if they are hidden under a smoke bomb, and grapple leaves you too exposed, and being pounced on a roof means you can't be aided effectively by team-mates, leaving him free to do full damage.

Scouts should be doing wide sweeps of the surrounding rooftops, and a scout heavy team can throw volley to clear out roof tops. Knives should be used almost as soon as the reaver gets in your face. I find the first attack can be dodged with some ease unless the reaver is right next to you, so dodge 1, knife 2, and fire through swings 4,5,6,7... Swiftbow will let you get some decent numbers on him until he pops evade if he has it. Stormbow is more dangerous to use up close, but it’s explosion does full damage against evade. Another note about the stormbow, it is key to lead shots if the Reaver has Evade, shooting him directly will cause the arrow to pass through, and the shot will either be too far or the reaver will move away before the explosion does damage. If volley is ready and the vampire moving to escape by climbing, toss it just above him. He can either fall back down and then run away, or climb upwards and then get out of the AoE. Either way he takes heavy damage. Every scout should also know the value of deploy secondary skill then knife. It hurts alot and guarantees good damage against them.

Alchemist Loadouts and Tips
Alchemists can take just about any launcher, although the viscous launcher might be the weakest, due to evade and not exploding on contact. Fullbore can be considered as it dislodges reaver with one shot, while the others take two shots.
Sunlight vial is more appropriate against haste, as the blind helps mitigate what he can do while super-charged. Light bomb is more effective against Evade for AoE damage reasons. Immolate is difficult to use, but does significant damage if you are unnoticed (Similar to Hunter Grenade). Immolate will also still trigger if you activate and are then pounced.
Any Secondary is also useful, and has different applications. Flame wall is a good reliable reaction to an in your face vampire. Just practice turning to the side so that the reaver has to go through the whole line, rather than the narrow width of it. Flamethrower is strong vs reavers, but pounce and sweep kick can cancel it, and it is weaker against evade and shadow step as vampires tend to combine these with running like pansies, and shadow step gives invulnerability while in smoke form. Toxic mist can be used similar to a scouts volley to roof check or support a teammate. Healing mist can be used to counter choking haze, and the healing is strong enough for anyone at higher health to face tank a reaver by just sitting in it.

As an Alchemist you will really need to learn to lead shots, but you are also one of the better counters to reavers out there. You will want to keep your eyes up, but also on your teammates. Alchemist weapons cancel pounce the fastest barring Scout charged shots or skills, and are great for supporting teammates in general. You will also be the most reliable damage if the reaver team is using evade. Note that your shots will not actually connect with the reaver while Evade is under effect, so no boom on contact or sticky-ing with Viscous cannon. If a Reaver is assaulting your teammates it is actually more beneficial to try and place shots at your teammates feet, to get the most consistent damage.

Prophet Loadouts and Tips
Prophets can use any pistol, Heavy Pistol is the best overall currently, but hurts you the most for a miss, so the others may be more desirable if your aim isn’t awesome.
For your primary skill. Hex Shot or Drain curse will be stronger. Hex shot let’s you cripple a vampire for an easy kill, or can be used to waste Haste. Drain curse can help squeeze in some extra damage and health, especially if you can nail two reavers in the AoE or plant it on a pounced teammate, but can be dodged out of relatively quickly.
Life leech is the more powerful secondary, and can be used for a quick damaging shot, and the self heal is always handy. Sacrifice is excellent for helping a teammate in dire need as it is far a stronger heal than alchemist mist. Keep in mind that this will also damage you quickly. A vampire will also be able to follow the tendrils back to you, and may decide to focus on you. Eldritch Guard also has good friendly-saving potential, if used quick enough. Disabling curse is not recommended since the reavers more threatening skills are used before they ever engage, and it's short duration and finicky use devalue this skill heftily.

Fighting as a prophet is straightforward. Shoot, dodge, and use skill when appropriate. Be aware that Hex shot does have a delay, and cannot be used as an emergency skill.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:19
Tony the Turelim Tyrant is a big burly behemoth of a vampire. He has much higher hitpoints, and his attacks are devastating, with Leroy Jenkins levels of recklessness, but he is much larger and a tad slower normally.

What do we Know?
We know that a fully equipped tyrant will have access to the charge twins and Jump in his special skill slot. Charge equipped Tyrants will often be on the ground or on shorter rooftops, very near the fight. You can also expect charge if your team is hard camping inside. Jump Tyrants will spend more time on higher rooftops so that they can jump further, or line themselves up behind buildings.
His primary skills will be either Shockwave (a linear AoE), ground slam (a circular AoE), or Throw (A single target skill). His secondary skills are recolours of the character model with stat tweaks.

General Tactics
In general you want to be outside against tyrants, with lots of room to move around their large attacks. Indoors will protect you from jump, but leaves you little room to avoid them otherwise.
In a well coordinated team, the Tyrant will be the first thing you see, with reinforcements being the briefest of split seconds behind. A charging tyrant has a distinct start-up, and once he drops his shoulder he is unstoppable during the skill. Trying to CC a shoulder checking Tyrant is like trying to CC a blue Reaver. DON’T. DO. IT. (So many wasted bolas). You should stand your ground and pepper him until the last second, then dodge sideways. If you see him Jump, or see him in the air, don’t stop to shoot, he actually comes down much faster than you think. Sprint out of the area. Towards where he started his jump and to the sides are you’re safest bet. If the Tyrant has a nasty red glow, he’s used Enrage which boosts damage and move speed as he loses health. Shooting him will elevate him from hitting like a truck to hitting like a truck with rocket boosters, and a spiked grill.
Once the tyrant is in the fight strafe sideways and back while shooting him. This distances you from his ground slam, or gives you time to react to shockwave if he chooses to follow up. Make sure to keep strafing him as long as possible, as his standard attacks hurt like nothing else, but are by far the easiest to dodge, even after patching to bring them up to par. This is will also help against throw, as the grab is near identical to his first melee attack. You will also want to be away from walls and ledges, to minimize the damage from being shot-put into one of these hazards. If he pops ignore pain (75% damage reduction) with a anything over a sliver of health, leave him be and bring down anyone that followed him. You still need to keep an eye out for him, as he might be back once his stone skin turns squishy again. If he goes super-saiyan with Enrage you should gauge his health and decide whether to crowd control him to waste the skill, or pummel him to death. If he has a 3rd health or greater, attacking him just won’t kill him before he wrecks face, so you want to use a crowd control or blind to waste the skill. If he’s weak enough it is possible to finish him then and there.

Hunter Loadouts and Tips
The Hunter can take up any crossbow. Bola is again more of a personal taste. Whip is also useful here for damage and stagger. The same can be said for Secondary skills. All have their merits in this case. Sticky Grenades are pretty easy to land on that mass of meat. The Tyrants slower speed makes it easier to nail him with the standard grenade. Explosive and blinding shots are also very viable for damage or blinding.

Overall, duking it out with a tyrant is similar to the reaver. Avoid getting trampled by the initiating skill, or if you're that l33t, you can bola him if he' using jump, removing the damaging portion of the skill, and keep back enough to avoid his primary skills. Do all of this and you are in good shape. You do have to be careful as with his larger health pool and heftier melee, he can still clean up house. I’d recommend reserving Bola until he uses enrage to lock him down, unless you absolutely need to. Feel free open up with your damaging skills, as the fight can easily last long enough to fire them again for a kill.

Scout Loadouts and Tips
Any bow is serviceable in this case. Warbow is handy for plucking Jump Attack Tyrants out of the air. Having one of these guys fall like a sack of potatoes in the midst of you and your allies is a huge win for the battle.
Knives is probably the best bet for it’s stunning capabilities. Mark target is also a solid choice as it can help burn down a targets health even faster. Camo can be used to avoid being picked out by the tyrant as he engages, but has little utility once he’s in your face, as camo is obvious enough to follow at melee range.
Any secondary can be used, and each has their merits against a Tyrant. Volley is good for a larger AoE. Turret packs a bit more punch in a smaller area. Trap is best used in the center of rooms if you want to be indoors, as a charging Tyrant will rarely be in the door way long enough to be hit, while they do like to stop in the middle of a room to hit with ground slam. Grapple is useful for high ground line of sight, as the Tyrant will have the hardest time closing in of all classes, but beware of throw or shockwave.

Over all you will want to keep back pedaling and strafing, deploy your secondary AoE, then use knives to lock him on top of it for an extra couple seconds, and keep shooting. There is little you can do if he uses Enrage except try to dodge a little bit harder, or reserve your knives for when he uses it to buy that littlest bit of time.

Alchemist Loadouts and Tips
Fullbore Cannon is recommended. There is little reason why you should miss this chunky monkey. Much like reavers, sunlight vial is good for wasting his Enrage, or making him miss a charge and get caught on the environment, while Light bomb helps squeeze in that extra damage that can make or break a fight. Immolation is in a weird spot, and you'll only really catch a tyrant if he isn't paying attention, but if you do it does enormous frickin damage. Caution should be taken with Flamethrower, all the tyrant's special moves and primary skills cancel it, and it supercharges an Enraging Tyrant hella fast, but otherwise any secondary can deal out enough damage to put a dent in a Tyrant’s health pool. Healing mist is better used between engagements, as tyrant skills are all burst, and healing mist is just too slow to swing anything mid-fight.
If a Tyrant uses ignore pain then quit firing, as he can huddle right up to you, and you will do more damage to yourself than to him, but otherwise just strafe and spray for the win, with applications of skills as needed.

Prophet Loadouts and Tips
Heavy pistols or piercing pistols are the way to go if you got em, though all weapons can work. I suggest pierce pistols because often a Tyrant will accidentally body block your shots intended for a different vampire, more so than the others.
Each of the three primaries have their merits against these flesh mountains. Hex shot can waste an enrage, or just take an unlucky Tyrant out of the fight. Drain curse is good for heals and damage, as Tyrants move slightly slower and will be in the AoE longer. Disabling curse can be crippling to a Tyrant who suddenly has to fight without his main skills.
Life Leech is good for self preservation, while sacrifice is intended for the friend in need. Eldritch Guard usually only gives one extra attack in terms of protection, due to the heavy hitting nature of skills, and does little to mitigate a Tyrant`s stuns or knockdowns.

A skilled prophet can use Hex shot to cancel a Tyrant's jump, but the fight is mostly going to be strafe and spray, seasoning with life steal if you get low on health.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:19
Sentinel Steve is the Vampire’s flyer. He can be quite swift and deadly, and has quite possibly the most varied skill set of all vampires. A couple loadouts also lend themselves to devastating kidnap combos.

What do we know?
There is actually very little that can be anticipated from a sentinel load out. There are very few tells that show off an ability until it is used. Even basic movement can vary greatly between some players. Some prefer to stick to rooftops, using the flight as an extended jump. Some Fly high and proud. Some weave around the geometry of the map. I personally duck and bob higher up, and cancel flight to rapidly drop before resuming flight.
It is known that the Sentinel will have an aerial kidnap spell, either Abduct or Kidnap and a ground attack, Wing Flap or Puncture. Puncture can be aimed while casting, and has a more notable casting animation, while wing flap hits pretty quickly and does an AoE knockback. The secondary skills are also highly variable. Dive-bomb turns the flyer into a bona-fide homing missile, Air Strike throws a sticky grenade from on high, Echolocate turns the sentinel into a hunter-seeker and vulture, and take-off gives him an up-close-and-personal Razielim quick get-away.

General Tactics
Despite the uncertainty about what a Sentinel will have in his toolkit, all of his skills except his Primaries, and Take-off operate best in the air. This leads to two potential ways for handling a sentinel heavy composition. An indoor or outdoor approach.
With the indoor approach, Kidnaps and abducts are much more difficult to pull off, dive bomb and airstrike are much harder to aim effectively, and take-off indoors will cause a sentinel to clunk his head and collapse. At this point it is a matter of keeping the entrances covered until the other team is forced to switch classes, or someone gets really good at indoor kidnapping.
The outdoor approach is harder to pull off, and relies on the fact sentinels will need to spend time in the air. This will involve watching the roofs, and the skies. Right now the sentinel’s flight skills can all be activated while falling, allowing for surprise kidnaps, grenades, dives etc.
The most worrying part of a sentinel is a kidnap combo. You get abducted, carried away from the team, dropped, and the sentinel circles back for the kill, often with a dive bomb. Once you have been dropped off, the best thing to do is run directly towards the sentinel. If he immediately turns around and does a follow-up dive bomb after the recovery animation, it will typically shoot right over your head. If he tries to land the forward momentum will still carry him just out of reach of your raggedy face. These are both excellent opportunities to snag a few shots on him. You will have to weather out his melee attacks, and do your best to dodge puncture/wing flap, typically by rolling forward and to the side, to put you behind the sentinel yet again. If you can pull this off, then you are all set unless he has take-off, which will blast you for most, if not all of your remaining health. Thanks to the buffs to the other skills, and nerfs to take-off, this should be less frequent but still, if you survive his blast off into space, a few more bolts should ground him for good. Unless you’re an alchemist. Then you run before he circles back for you, as his skills should be nearly off cooldown.
Another one of the sentinel’s strengths is picking off regrouping players. A sentinel with echolocate can seek out a freshly respawned player, keeping them locked down for some easy kills. You should take the quickest route through buildings, and other geometry that prevent him from getting a good kidnap angle.

Hunter Loadout and Tips
For the indoor approach, anything goes. Any crossbow, any bola or whip, any explosives. Hide just to the sides of any doorway or other entrance as being directly in front of it lends yourself to an easy kidnap. Keep some distance from these so you can’t get nailed by air-strike or dive-bomb.
Outdoors is a little trickier. The multi-bow shines here for its extra precision, while the siege bow is probably the weakest due to its heavier recoil and lower clip capacity. The repeater and bolt thrower are also serviceable tools of death. Bola will serve you best by interrupting an incoming kidnap if you can’t dodge it. A sentinel bola’d at the wrong time is easy prey for anyone, even with take-off. Whip is not recommended due to it’s short range, awkward aiming and appears to have no effect on flight besides doing damage. Again, any secondary skill will work. If you can aim then Explosive shot, blinding shot and sticky can wreck an airborne bird-man, while standard grenade can take a hefty toll on the ground.

Scout Loadout and Tips
If you’re hiding inside, then a swiftbow will prove the superior weapon, but the stormbow works too if you want to brave the friendly damage. Trap is good for rigging doorways and other entrances to blow. Turret gives some hefty damage indoors, and knife lets you hold them in place. Volley is not recommended due to having no effect under rooftops. Camo is also a no go as the rather personal nature of the indoors makes you easy to track down. Again just hide out with clear view of an entrance way, while staying back and to the side to make it as hard as possible to get snatched or forced out by explosives.
For a more ballsy outdoor approach, Pick up your dusty warbow. The knockdown goes a long way towards keeping Sentinels away from you. Keep in mind that at higher elevations, the sentinel player can spam spacebar to recover before hitting the ground. However, any longbow is again useful. Trap and auto-turret are weaker outdoors, but can be deployed against a dive-bombing sentinel if you want to risk a little damage to yourself. Volley is useful against take-off, and for creating no fly-zones, as well as just raw damage. You can exchange knives for camo, which is useful for escaping a sentinel after you have been dropped off, as a camouflaged scout is difficult to find while in the air Mark target helps allies keep track of a sentinel, as they can be quite pesky if unchecked, and also amplifies the damage from a team that understands how to focus fire a flying sentinel. Grapple is handy for line of sight as well.
As a scout just keep your bow charged and sweep the skies all around you. I wouldn’t bother waiting for a money shot, I find spending a long time lining up makes me miss just as much as snapping around and firing, and gives him time to duck out of sight if he spots you.

Alchemist Loadout and Tips
Indoors, anything goes. Flamethrower can be stopped by wing-flap however, so wait until that’s been spent.
Outdoors keep an eye up and be ready to dodge, as you can’t bring a sent out of the air like a hunter or scout. You can pop a couple grenades off him when he flies closer, but until he lands you’re just a magnet. In all honesty, you should maybe switch classes if you’re an alchemist against a sentinel heavy team, and your own teammates insist on being in the open.

Prophet Loadout and Tips
Any pistol is good, again Heavy is best if you can aim it. Hex shot is also possibly the better of the primary skills, as it can be used to save a team-mate from being carried too far off, or just keeping him out of the fight until everything else is cleaned up. Drain curse has some utility once he lands for damage and heals. Disable is going to be weaker as the Sentinel’s major abilities (except take-off) are more useful from the sky, way away from this curse. Life Leech’s high aim-assist makes it quite easy to snipe sentinels at range with this skill for easy damage and more heals. Sacrifice will do little to help you in a fight, but can save a teammate who is being harassed by a sentinel, as will eldritch guard, which can mitigate most of the damage from being abducted, as well as the usual invulnerability from attacking vampires.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:20
Deceiver Dave is a tricky corpse to deal with. Like the Reaver he doesn’t have any inherent disadvantages. A couple of these can pretty effectively bippity boppity boop a team into splitting apart, wasting ammo and other nonsense that leads to death.

What do we know
The Deceiver currently has a limited toolkit but has more skills on the way (hopefully). As his Special skill he is going to have Disguise or Dominate Mind. His primaries include backstab, which can also front stab and side stab, or Infect, which plagues one person, and can transfer the DoT to others. He will also be packing either illusions, or phase, both of which make him much harder to isolate and bring down.

General Tactics
You need to pay more attention to your teammates if you see these guys shambling about. If you see 4 friendlies on your screen than one of them is a fake. Or 3 friendlies but the upper left portrait says one of them is dead. Just keep doing a head count and make sure the right number of living teammates are present. Also if any one appears to have vampire repellent, that’s another give away. Or if one of them materializes suddenly, also a strong indicator of treachery. It is also worth noting that disguise allows for up to 5 or 6 seconds of invisibility before the disguise is actually assumed, which is pretty handy if not more handy than the actual disguise. To counter this, many maps have patches of dirt or dust that kick up when he walks through it. This will take some practice to spot, but eventually most players hit the point where they can find spot this cue as easily as if the vampire wasn't invisible.
If a teammate is wincing or flinching horribly, and starts walking away like a turd that’s sign he has been dominated. Humans taking damage over time have a notable flinch with every tick. If you see this, or if you hear the ghastly audio cue, that means there is a vampire with glowing voodoo hands in line of sight of where the dominate started. In order to save your comrade you need to find the deceiver and break his grip with damage. This requires watching the roof-line, and any corners as the Deceiver will want to be hidden, but needs to maintain line of sight long enough to engage the mind control.
A deceiver will try to use his primary skill backstab to nail you in the behind for near double damage, but will take the be-front or be-side too if he has to. Be wary as this skill cools down fast enough to be used twice in a prolonged fight. Dodging sideways is the most effective way to avoid getting hardened eldritch energy shoved through you. Infect on the other hand is equally effective from any angle, and has a wider sweep than Backstab. If you are hit by this, or if you see anyone else with insects buzzing around them, avoid them like the plague. A Deceiver in distress will use Illusions to distract you, or use phase to turn into translucent toxic smog to try and finish you off. Illusions may attack, climb or run in straight lines, but disperse after 210 (1/5th of 1050) damage. If any of the three vampires starts rolling, or moving erratically, then that’s the actual one. It is possible to be under assault by the clones and the head honcho all at once, which can make things tricky. Phase is a bit unpleasant to shoot at, so Splash damage will be needed to try and ward the Deceiver off. Deceivers may also use phase as an opening skill, dropping into a pack of humans to crank out some high damage numbers. Be warned!

Hunter Loadouts and Tips
Spurn the multi-bow as the added precision does not offset losses in damage and attack speed while aiming at such a wiry lanky frame. Any Bola can be used, and whip can be considered for damage+stagger reasons.
Any Secondary is adequate, but explosive shot and blinding shot are the easiest to use well.
The idea is to take a couple pot shots at any allies to check for a disguised deceiver. Whip and bola will also cancel disguise if it hits. Also keep any eye up in case you get mind controlled. If you see him first, you can aim a controlled shots to force him back into his hidey hole. If a deceiver gets up close and personal you can elect to dodge or bola the primary skill. I prefer to go for the dodge, then bola him to remove his combat. At this point he will activate illusions, or Phase. Lobbing grenade or explosive shot fast enough can dispel the phoney vampires, leaving the original. Blinding shot can also single out the real one as he will be running around like a fool. If he uses phase then you can sprint out of there, bola to remove the phase effect, or be patient and fire at his outline, and season with explosives.

Scout Loadouts and Tips
If you must play scout, then the swiftbow or stormbow should be the go to weapons against deceivers, for rate of fire or splash damage reasons. The deceiver will be in hiding too often to make good use of the warbow, though the knockdown will remove disguise. Knives are always a handy skill to have. Camouflage isn’t terribly helpful against a disguise equipped vampire due to the close proximity, but will allow you to move unnoticed if you think a deceiver is sizing you up for some mental domination. Mark Target persists through phase and Illusion, negating the major strength of these skills.
Any secondary is helpful except grapple, which leaves you exposed to dominate, which can then send you off of your vantage point for some hefty fall damage. You can also be snuck up on rather easily by a climbing deceiver. Turret and trap are great for close range encounters, while Volley’s throw ability is good for forcing a lurking deceiver out of his hiding spot.
Due to the large zoom from charging the scouts’ bow, they really aren’t the best suited class to fighting a deceiver, as it leaves you very open to backstab or plague, and increases the chances of him disguising right up to you. But the general pattern is similar to many other vampires, dodge the major skills, drop the AoE skill, knife him to stun him inside the AoE and pop him full of arrows. Also due to the scout’s slower rate of fire, Illusions give the deceiver more than enough time to escape, and Phase will kill you before you can get too much more damage in. So in all honesty, it is better to switch classes.

Any alchemist weapon does enough damage to dispel Illusion in one shot, except for the multi-cannon. The viscous cannon also has the potential to detonate only one illusion, as it does not explode on contact. The alchemist is indeed best equipped to hammer on deceivers. Light bomb is always a good damage skill, while sunlight vial can blind the vampire. Immolate is tricky to use against Deceivers as they have no skill that locks them to you for a period of time. Any secondary is helpful against a deceiver.
Roof check any nearby roofs to search for a deceiver waiting to dominate. Use melee to ensure allies are actually allies, as the grenades can be a bit awkward to shoot that close. Once the fight starts, dodge the stab, and hammer on him with damage and your AoE skills. The constant splash damage is very helpful against both Illusions and Phase, especially flamethrower, as the deceiver has no way of disabling it.

Prophet Loadout and Tips
Any pistol will do the trick. Like the Tyrant, all three primary skills have their strengths. Hex shot for lockdown, Drain for damage+heal, Disable to cripple the corpse. Life Leech has lifesteal, and sacrifice or Eldritch Guard can save someone from being mangled. You will need to back off if Phase is used and try to nail him with Hex, as prophets lack both AoE and clip capacity to deal with it effectively.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:20
Harry the Hunter is a lean mean stake-shooting machine. He’s the bread and butter of the human armies. He is well equipped to bring the hurt on vampires from near any distance. His highly sustainable damage, moderate accuracy and repertoire of whips bolas and explosives are not to be sneezed at or taken lightly. Follow these tips if you want to survive against several of these vampire hating goons.

What do we know?
A hunter is going to have several items that make vampire unlife mildly difficult. His crossbows boast huge rate of fire, pack enough damage per clip to clean up the lesser clans (barring the Tyrant) and with some practice can nail a vampire at even the far edges of what can be called medium range. The crossbow also allows the hunter to occasionally face tank a vampire if he so chooses that route. Hunters may be packing one of the bola twins, which disable attacks, dodges and traversal, or Whip, which can stagger you or rip you off your perch to a pokey death. Every hunter is also going to be packing an explosive of various strength, range and radius, but all are assuredly anti-vampire.

General Tactics
A hunter heavy team is not going to be fun to approach. Plain and simple. A skilled team will be too spaced out to nail with a single AoE, and still close enough to lend instant support and firepower to their teammates. Straight rushing them, even over rooftops, will reward with several bolts to the general body region. You will need to hide your approach and yourself until it’s time to head in, find ways to split them off, and keep them from supporting each other, and ensure you get the first hit in. The instant AoE available means that if multiple vampires gang up in large fight, they are going to get roasted with some big damage numbers. So the ideal situation will be: Everyone pick a target, and engage at once. Everyone on your team should have a skill to eliminate or mitigate bola, as it is still the popular choice, and these also help to mitigate damage taken from his crossbows.
After the initial engagement, be sure to dodge around the hunter as soon as he recovers from whatever you trounced him with. The average hunter will attempt to disable you with bola first, then pew-pew you into oblivion. If he misses the bola at this stage, and you are mildly competent in the art of WM1 spamming, then the fight is in the bag. However some players will elect to shoot you and not try to disable you immediately. In this case they are either saving bola as an OH (censored)! Ability, or have Whip equipped. Dodging after every couple swipes will put you just behind the hunter, and make it harder to land one of those skills on you. Again avoiding one of these is crucial to survival. If the hunter has explosive or blinding shot, there is little that can be done to avoid them up close, so you will have to weather at least some of the damage. If you see a Hunter launch a grenade, haul out. Those things deal more than enough damage to swing a fight if you are too close to the blast radius. If the Hunter hasn’t used any of his secondary skills late into the fight, then expect him to drop a grenade at his feet to try and martyr himself. If this happens roll away immediately, as you cannot count on the splash to kill him, but it will roast you into next Tuesday.

Reaver Loadout and Tips
As a Reaver you are going to have a few options at your disposal. Human teams come in two varieties, indoorsy and outdoorsy. Against an indoorsy team, it is safest to use choking haze to flush them out, and then use pounce/savage pounce to lock em down or having at it with sweep kick. An outdoorsy team will require good use of smoke bombs to keep the hunters from supporting each other. Choking haze is better used once the hunters are occupied, so that they can’t avoid it as easily. For the average player, Evade is useful as it breaks bola and renders you immune to a hunter’s primary weapon, and negates the risk of being stuck by sticky grenade. Shadow step is great for repositioning if you are in a sticky spot, getting out if you are bola’d and getting in if you are forced away. Shadow step also works great in tandem with Sweep kick. If you are feeling confident about your bola dodging you can run haste for the boost to movement and attack speed, which will give you more than enough firepower to clean up house, and the speed will also help you effect a get away.

The general strategy is going to be toss your grenade to affect as many targets as possible, or with the goal of cutting one off from reinforcements, then picking off the most isolated target, and once he's down, haul out.

Tyrant Loadout and Tips
As hulking Tyrant, you are going to have to evaluate. The Charge duo is good for clearing out buildings, and generally knocking people about, and leaves you immune to bola during the duration. Jump Attack is good when the humans are in a position where getting a good charge is too difficult, and hits a fair bit harder, however the recovery leaves you with a brief second of not being able to use any skills, and you can be bola'd mid jump, removing the damage aspect. Ground slam can be risky to use as it means you will need to place yourself in the middle of trigger happy hunters to be effective, and throw leaves you mighty vulnerable if the rest of the team isn’t occupied, as well as being interrupted by bola and whip. Shockwave is then left as the best answer with its range, okay(ish) damage and knockdown. Ignore Pain is handy for mitigating damage damage, busting out of bola, and huddling up to a human to so that they can’t gang up on your teammates while you’re disabled. Again if you are feeling like you can dodge a bola regularly than Enrage is going to burn through a hunters health like nothing else.
Despite your boosted hitpoints, you shouldn’t engage unless your team is sure to follow you in, and should wait until you have smoke for cover. 2 hunters can rip you up in a cinch, 4 even faster. The general idea is again to dodge around to avoid the bola/whip, and the worst of the explosive skills in the secondary slot. After that it’s just a matter of more WM1 and hope no one tag teams you from behind.

Sentinel Loadout and Tips
As a sentinel you have the boon of flying. Against hunters this becomes a bit of a curse as you close in. More skilled hunters can get off a couple shots while you’re moving in, so I would suggest sticking near the buildings and using flight as an extended jump for a time. Abduct and kidnap will be trickier to pull off in the open as hunters can bola you during flight and during these skills. Your best bet for landing these skills is to make a note of where humans are roughly, and then charge the skill out of sight to swoop around for a quick snatch. Wing flap has uses for being an AoE, and can knock hunters into hazards such as off ledges, poison and walls. Puncture lets you get off some quick damage with your wing-pokes. Take-off is useful for blasting a hunter and escaping bola. Divebomb does murderous damage and gets you right into the fight. Airstrike lets you do some damage before you expose yourself, and Echolocate lets you track humans through geometry to make those around the corner snatches easier, or spawn camping a player.
If you have Airstrike, you can generally harass with that until you’re ready to go in, under the cover of your teammates assault. Any earlier will just get you peppered out of the sky. Once you have a successful grab, try to carry a human up and around geometry for separation and fall damage. If you have puncture you want to avoid rooftops as you want that higher fall. If you have wing flap you can drop a hunter onto a roof then blast him off for more damage. Once a Human has been dropped off, swing around to close in with divebomb, or just land and begin the assault. If you use wingflap after landing, dodge to the side once the hunter recovers, as he will desperately bola after taking so much damage. After that the fight is yours. Puncture should be saved until you’ve maneuvered closer to him so that he has less time to react to the skill. If you get bola’d run in circles until it breaks or use take-off. If you managed to land all of your skills, then this alone should polish him off. If it didn’t, circle back to finish him off and feast. In the case where you missed your grab and left your victim in the melee proceed to land in any fashion and wreck face with your fellow underlings.

Deceiver Loadout and Tips
The Deceiver is moderately effective against hunters. A watchful player can spot a disguise, so the invisibility part is more useful. Hunters are also accurate enough to break Dominate Mind if they aren’t otherwise occupied. So indeed you will need to wait for some distraction to make full use of these. Backstab will be better against a skilled and spread out team for the higher single target damage and cools down quickly, but tighter teams will fall to Infect quite handily. Illusions is a decent escape tool, so long as your prey doesn’t accidentally pick the right deceiver to shoot at. Phase is downright murderous, so I’d suggest this skill above Illusions (600 hundred damage over 6 seconds, and all you have to do is walk around, come on).
The general idea is to hide somewhere near the humans and when they are distracted use the invisibility part of disguise to get behind them and rematerialize as a hunter. Then lurk some until your buddies join the fray, and unload with a backstab or infect. You can then either melee the hunters until dead, or pop phase to crunch out some solid damage. Illusions is also handy for disorienting humans and then continuing the attack, especially if the illusions themselves join in. If you are feeling brave then you can be the distraction yourself, by dropping in on hunters, planting infect, then using illusions or phase to get out. If your teammates join in then you can just about face and make murder. If they don't, just wait for cooldowns and do it again. This will eventually wear them out, or force an early use of the heal station.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:21
Alice the Alchemist is not a nice lady. At least not to vampires. She packs a grenade launcher, and is stocked up on liquid fire, bottled sunlight, poisons and some heal-y goop. A cluster of vampires can get absolutely melted for ganging up onto a single person, or being in close quarters. This makes her excel at area denial, positioning vampires, and supporting teammates facing imminent mauling. How does one avoid getting their bacon fried?

What do we Know?
We know that the alchemist is decked out with AoE damage. All of her grenade launchers do area damage, and can be shot for a fair distance, and can also be bounced around corners, excepting the Viscous Cannon. Fortunately there is little other variation in how they work besides stat tweaks, unlike the Scout’s weapons.
In her primary slot you will find 2 thrown AoE spells, or Immolate, which is a self-centered AoE The secondary slot gets a little tricky. Firewall does immense damage in a line across the using alchemist, and you need to be careful to make sure you’re not going to go swinging into one. Flame thrower is also incredibly evil, and peppers you for even more damage than firewall, but has limited range and can be disabled by knockdowns. Toxic Mist works exactly like Choking haze: it gets thrown, ugly looking goo spreads out and damages any vampires stuck in it. Healing mist is not going to hurt you directly, but can buy enough time for alchemists to clean you out, or negate a decent chunk of damage that you and your team can do.

General Tactics
Don’t gang up too hard is rule number one. Every single shot does splash damage, and good alchemists will aim at their teammates, allowing them to get more reliable damage and dish it out to all attacking vampires. So if the whole flock is going to bear down on a single target, make sure they are alone, otherwise your carcasses will send an alchemist to the top of the score board. On the approach it is less necessary to hide yourself as the projectiles travel fairly slowly and have a limited range due to their arc. This arc does mean a team of alchemists can check roofs to clear you out of the area. This can also be achieved with Light bomb and toxic mist, though her throwing arm is no match for a vampire’s or her grenade launcher. If the alchemists are hiding indoors then the best bet is to pack whatever AoE you have, duck in, launch it and duck out. This can be a bit of a grind if they have healing mist, but done properly you will eventually pull ahead. If they are out doors then make sure that you all have a target in mind, and you’re not going to get blasted beside a buddy. Typical fights against an alchemist include a lot of dodging behind them to distance yourself from the explosives, and throwing swipes at them until dead, If they raise their arm to do anything, dodge backwards, at best they’re only throwing sunlight vial to blind you. At worst they’re dropping a firewall. If this firewall does appear, take a step back to ensure the chemist doesn’t roll forward, trying to juke you. If they do, then they are now stuck on the same side of the flames as you. If they don’t, you need to find a way around. If they start diddling with their launcher than you are going to eat a flame thrower, and should back off or bust out a disabling skill.

Reaver Loadout and Tips
As a Reaver you are going to want choking haze. Smoke bomb’s obscurity does little since alchemists have so much splash damage, they can follow the tags over their teammates and spam shots in the general direction and most likely hit you. There is also little need for evasion as it only prevents grenades from actually hitting you, but doesn't stop them from blowing up around you. Shadow step is handy for moving about with out taking damage, but haste is probably best due to the huge boost in attack and move speeds, allowing you to punish an alchemist’s small clip and slow rate of fire by dodging and attacking stupidly fast. You can back these up with the special skill of your choice, leap for speed, pounce/savage for damage, or sweep for flair.
It should be noted that the usual strategy of poison/pounce/evade/run is weaker as alchemists can remove a reaver from a target quickly, and again evade provides no protection. Also be aware that you’re only way to disable flamethrower is to hit with one of your special skills, so you will need to back off if this appears and you have nothing ready.

Tyrant Loadout and Tips
Tyrants get pretty free reign over their load outs. Jump attack can make a tyrant near unassailable while closing in, due to all the alchemist’s skills having projectile physics. Charge or Marathon are also good engagers, and can stampede over alchemists hiding in large houses and indoors areas. Any of the hulk’s primary skills are also valid. However if you are using throw, be careful. An alchemist can drop firewall, toxic mist at their feet or use immolate just before you grab, and the long animation will result in you taking near fatal damage. Ignore pain is especially useful for hunkering up to an alchemist and causing their shots to detonate on themselves. Firewall and flamethrower are also excellent for supercharging you if you are toting enrage. Note that shockwave, charge, marathon charge ground slam and throw all disable flamethrower if things get too hot

Sentinels rock alchemists hard. A high flying sentinel is untouchable by any alchemist’s attacks, and even low flying ones are tricky to hit. You have perfect leeway with your loadouts. Kidnap and Abduct are near identical so take your pick. Wing flap can knock alchemists into their own AoE skills for damage, disable flamethrower or just bounce them around. Puncture is a good stabby and impalement tool. Any of the secondary skills also have their uses. Dive bomb for getting in close and wrecking face, air strike for harassment, Echolocate for hunting down hiding alchies, and take off for making a quick getaway and getting a final hit in.

The Deceiver is not too stellar against alchemists, due to the very close ranged nature of many of his skills. Even Dominate Mind frequently leaves you in attacking range. If you insist on playing Deceiver, Dominate can be called the better skill as it can be used in conjunction with an alchemist’s own AoE skills to lay down the hurt. It is all too easy to spot disguise and drop firewall at the last second for some speedy incineration. A single alchemist shot from anything but the multi cannon will dispel Illusions as soon as you use it, and Phase leaves you dangerously close to get blasted by skills dropped at the ground. Honestly you might be better off switching classes if there are a hefty number of alchies.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:21
Sammy Scout is the human’s resident sniper. His charged longbows pack a mean punch, and the scout is the slipperiest of the human classes to duke it out with, and possesses excellent tools to position himself, or any vampire baddies looking for a tango. Here’s how to avoided finding yourself stapled to a wall by some Hawkeye level tomfoolery.

What do we Know?
Scouts are the human version of the Sentinel for versatility and variability in their toolkits. Scouts are going to be packing a hefty longbow, all with meh rate of fire and some OUCH! Damage, which when charged, escalates to HOLY CRAP! Damage. The scout is going to be equipped with one of three very different primary skills: Knives throws a trio of daggers which impale and interrupt attacks and many primary/secondary skills. Mark Target will lase a vampire, outlining him and boosting any damage done by 10%, and for 10 seconds. Camouflage will make a scout near invisible for a period of time. In the secondary slot, a scout will be having either Grapple to ascend to new vantage points for boosted devilry, Volley which calls down a rain of arrows, auto-turret which sprays bullets in a radius, and Trap, a proximity mine.

General Tactics
Scouts are going to be outdoors where they can use the long sightlines to shoot down incoming prey. Currently most scouts will be equipped with Swiftbow for up close damage, or Stormbow for the delayed explosion damage, and running knives + volley. However any other combination is equally viable given the proper circumstances. Generally approaching scouts will be similar to hunters. Stay hidden as much as possible until you are ready to engage. Scout’s aoe skills and damage aren’t as powerful as a hunter’s so it is safe to gang up on single scout if it’s a scout heavy team. It is also important to get the scout to waste as much ammo as possible, due to their low clip size and healthy reload times. Once opportunity comes knocking, make the engagement and get in his grill. A scout won’t be able to charge his bow for max damage, and will take healthy damage from his AoE skills, just watch out for the AoE/Knife combo, especially with auto-turret or trap. Also any scout using grapple should be approached by two people form below, preferably one of you should have some skill to send him to the ground for fall damage and privacy from other scouts. Many scouts will also hug trap, so with practice and swiftness, you can run and roll past the trap to detonate it on the scout while taking little damage yourself. Note thought that the trap lasts slightly longer on the ground than the cooldown, so it is possible to go against 2 of these in a fight.

Reaver Loadout and Tips
A scout team will stay relatively spread out, relying on their superior range to assist each other, and to cover more angles of attack. Any special skill can be utilized. The pounce trinity make excellent gap closers, while sweep kick gets some quick damage on the target. While haze will be able to get some ok damage in, Smoke bomb stops scouts from supporting each other with their weapons, due to the need to make each shot count. Any secondary is equally useful against scouts. Evade negates knives and most bows except the Stormbow, and can be used to charge right up to a scout. Shadow step is another useful gap closer and positioning tool, while Haste will bring on the hurt.
When Engaging, you will want to lob a smoke bomb to disorient the team, and be snappy with getting up close and personal, meaning a quick and decisive pounce or shadow step. After you’ve opened up with a major skill or a couple slashes, dodge to the side to avoid incoming knives, step out of any AoE, and pummel him. A memorable fight was when I ran leap attack back in alpha. Scout and I were duking it out, both of us getting low, and he managed to separate us with Volley. I fired leap attack and nailed him on the other side without a single arrow from the sky in my back. OK /tangent.

Tyrant Loadout and Tips
I would advise against Jump Attack if you want to lead the team to victory. The amount of time being exposed in the air makes it extremely easy to get peppered on the way down. Or worse, get cranked by a Warbow. It’s not the hardest shot to pull off, if I can do it with my jerky jumpy mouse, than anyone that ever played a shooter can do it too. So either wait for a distraction from other teammates, or lead the charge with…Charge. Any of the primary skills have their merits, though Throw leaves the least time for your prey to react, and can dislodge a grappling scout nicely. Ground slam is possibly the weakest due to its longer activation time and short range. And take enrage over ignore pain for the secondary. The only reason not to is if you don’t have it. A proper engagement should leave little necessity to need a pull out skill, and a bad engage will mean death for your teammates and leave you all alone, regardless of whether you feel pain or not, and the scout has no lasting disables.
As tyrant your biggest worry is going to be the Trap/knife combo, or the auto-turret/Knife combo. If a scout drops one of these and hasn’t used knives, you need to get out of the radius before you’re stuck there. Many a Tyrant has fallen because I dropped my auto-gun, under a tyrant, knifed him, and backpedaled shooting. I have also died as a Tyrant in this manner. Clear these obstacles, hit em with your choice primary, activate enrage (actually activating enrage at any point in the engagement process is handy) and then WM1 as usuals.

You are a brave man playing sentinel against anything more than one scout. Charged arrows and L33T snipes + mark target will be your nightmare. So will Warbows. Note that if you are hit by a warbow, if you are high enough up you can recover before you take any fall damage. High Flying should be done scarcely, just enough to peek then swoop back down to building level. Kidnap and abduct are near identical so it doesn’t matter which you pick. Wingflap can be combo’d with roofs to knock down any scouts whether they like to grapple up, or you just plunked him there. Puncture makes for great stabbing damage. Takeoff is not advised against scouts as it’s easy enough to charge a shot and follow you up to plunk you back down again. Dive bomb should be used once a distraction has been made, or once you’ve carried a scout away from his comrades. Airstrike is good once you have mastered throwing it over buildings so you don’t expose yourself. Echolocate is as always useful for locating and spawn camping, or some tighter clutchier snags, and grants you sight of camouflage.
It will be handy to know some evasive maneuvers so you don’t get riddled. A and D will dodge you left or right, and following the dodge with your mouse will let you boost in that direction. You can also use space bar to drop out of flight, fall a few feet, then hit space again to re-engage.
Making a grab is going to be similar to the hunter group. Make a note of approximate positions, charge around a corner then swoop around for a target, or just fly away if you can’t find one. If your team engaged during this period and you missed, re-enter the fray with dive-bomb or airstrike if you can, then land to maul some face. A successful kidnap will lead to the standard kidnap/dive bomb/wingflap(or puncture)/dodge knife/pummel until win combo, unless he has camo. If he activates it before you hit the ground then he’ll already be too far away for you to hunt him down, take to the air and wait for him to stick his head out, or return to the rest of the fight.

The Deceiver seems to be made to break a scout team. A scout charging a shot will have a greatly narrowed field of view, especially on the left, allowing for easy use of disguise to sneak up to them and lay down the hurt. Again backstab will be the greater skill for raw damage, but if the scouts are all cuddly then feel free to plague them up. Dominate mind is riskier to use, as you will be left exposed to another charged shot, and other damage sources, but can be rewarding if combined with other vampire skills or hazards. Illusions will take two of their precious arrows to dispel each, and a great deal of time, so that’s viable. Phase also brutalizes a scout as they do not have the clip capacity to unload into the area, the time to line up a shot on you, and their AoE skills have enough of a tell that you can roll out of harm’s way in short order. Mark Target will reveal you in any stage of invisibility or illusions, negating much of the power from these skills. Unless they Mark an illusion.

Razaiim
6th Jan 2015, 23:22
Phyllis The Prophet is a lean mean pistol packing blood magic totin’ machine. The pistols are highly accurate, shoot fast, reload faster, and will wallop you hard. Prophets are also backed up with curses and hexes to hinder your abilities, and strong support skills to bolster their friends. Read on if you wish to know the secret to altering your fated death at the hands of these witches.

What do we know?
The prophet is going to be wielding a pair of quick-firing pistols, which are often considered to be the best weapons in game once all is taken into account. In the primary slot, the prophet will have two placed aoe skills, or a disabling shot. In the secondary you will find either a life steal laser, healing tentacles, or single target magic shields. The life steal is the most common skill out there, but Eldritch guard is frequently used.

General tactics
Prophets are the mid-ground between hunters and scouts, and fighting them is very similar to the former two. Spacing is still beneficial for prophets, but due to the difficulty in gauging the max range of their skills, they tend to stay fairly close together. Fighting prophets is actually the most straightforward of the human classes, as their biggest threat will be hex shot if they have it, their pistols, and their teammates. Hex shot has a healthy wind up where the prophet stops firing and lines up a pistol, which is your cue to vamoose out the way, since Hex will disable your attacks like bola, but with the added bonus of slowing you, and disabling even your defensive skills. Disabling curse does moderate damage, and will remove your skills briefly, but you will be able to attack, run and climb unhindered. Draining curse causes a pile of nasty tendrils which deal damage to you and heals the witch. The latter really has minimal impact if initially hit, and dodging out the way clears of you of Drain’s small AoE. Life leech is a quick beam of 200 hp from you to the prophet, which amounts to two extra attacks from a reaver, and one extra from everything else, except odd situations where it is used and the prophet is so weak it is still less than your vampire’s attack. Eldritch guard can be used to shield an ally, and is no threat to you if you are engaging the prophet directly, and Sacrifice will actually weaken the prophet for you, but it’s short range means an ally is in pain-delivering distance too. Two-prophet teams can also use guard to negate Sacrifice damage, or just heal each other since sacrifice heals more than it does damage.

Reaver loadout and tips
Any of the pounce skills or sweeping kick are useful, and not even prophets can predict what you’ll be using. Smoke is handy for obscuring line of sight and complicating the aiming of skills. Choking haze is also viable due to the aforementioned relative tightness of prophet groups. Evade has uses for dodging life steal, hex, or standard pistols, but does not break hex if you are already struck by it. Haste is powerful for delivering pain, and shadow step is an all-round awesome movement tool.

Tyrant loadout and tips
Any Tyrant special is viable, but bear in mind the Hex shot if aimed well can negate your jump attack and leave your stunted carcass amid trigger happy vampire slayers. Any of your primary skills will also work. Ground slam can usually nail one or two prophets, as can shockwave with aim and positioning. Throw is actually quite mighty against a prophet, as only hex will meaningfully affect you. Keep in mind that if throwing a shielded enemy, almost all damage will be absorbed by the shield, so you have essentially distanced them form you, with little gain from it. Ignore pain is useful to mitigate heavy damage, but enrage is the better skill, as not even life leech or sacrifice can heal through the damage at higher enrage levels.

Sentinel loadout and tips
Sentinels are also fairly straightforward. You can really take your pick of any skills. A couple things to bear in mind: Eldritch guard will mitigate almost all damage from kidnap and abduct. Also be aware of flying out in sight for too long, due to pistols’ high accuracy. Otherwise the odds are in your favour. Your speedy movement will make hex shots and life steal hard to land, and the other abilities either affect their teammates or need to be placed on the ground and don’t reach you.

Deceiver Loadout and tips
The Deceiver is actually well equipped to battle prophets. The cooldown on Hex shots and disable curse are too long to waste on a potential disguise. Prophets can be tricky to dominate as they can pepper you reliably in that range. Infect is good for dropping Eldritch guard and breaking up a group with a prophet. Backstab has its usual place for assassination. Illusions take a healthy amount of time and ammo to dissipate, and shooting a ducking and weaving deceiver with phase is also going to be time consuming, as well as very painful. Keep in mind that Hex shot and disabling curse will disable phase.

Razaiim
7th Jan 2015, 19:55
Preliminary Summoner Thoughts:

What do we know?

Her special skills are a thrown bomb magic bomb, or summon missiles to bombard an area. Her primary skills are summon a pair of weak slashing ghouls (like Illusions slightly manic brother) or a larger ghoul that seems to attack one target of summoner's choice. Secondary skill if a force wall that stops enemy weapon attacks.

General Tactics

Watch rooftops or hidden areas for sneaky Spectral assaults (similar to sentinels with Airstrike, or reaver bombs). Summoned ghouls can probably be CC'd, but low health makes it a waste of a skill, so avoid using those. Not sure if Shield stops ability damage or Explosives, but it'll be worth trying to place such skills behind her. Might be more valuable to ignore summoned ghouls to focus summoner (depending on ghoul damage) unless they are directly blocking line of sight. Potential popular Summoner play style might be fire skills at a particular human, then assassinate them when they break off to heal, using shield to buy time to break line of sight.

Hunter Loadout and Tips

Possibly intermediate effectiveness. Multibow should shine since Summoner will be further away more often. Standard Bola recommended due to shorter cooldown and risk of hitting a ghoul, and range, though whip may be useful. Any secondary should work, though sticky grenade again has the potential to hit a ghoul and be wasted.

Possibly a strong counter due to AoE weapons and skills. Will probably disperse ghouls quickly on another teammate, and arc can place shots behind the magic barrier. Light bomb recommended primary skill. Toxic mist might be a solid secondary pick for flushing a summoner out of hiding place, Healing mist can be used between Summoner assaults to recuperate damage taken (should be minimal with good dodging and timely removal of ghouls)

Scout Loadout and Tips

Possibly weaker against Summoner. Ghouls would obstruct vision and knives, charged shots would be useless against shield, narrow field of view leaves little warning of incoming hell bolts. Swiftbow or stormbow recommended for damage and dealing with ghouls quickly. Camo has uses to due being at longer range than normal against Summoner vampires. Mark Target might not be as valuable. Volley strong for flushing out hiding summoners, and grapple could get line of sight, but beware of magic missiles and the larger ghoul that hunts down a targeted player.

Prophet Loadout and Tips

Possibly intermediate effectiveness. Pistols should dispel ghouls rapidly. Piercing might shine due to penetrating ghouls to hit vampires behind. Hex shot might be potentially wasted on ghouls. Drain curse has good AoE, but can be tricky to place on summoner. Disabling curse is not recommended. Life leech might be effective against ghouls, might not, but can snipe Summoners. Eldritch guard can save a teammate that has a spectral bomb headed for them. Sacrifice has usual utility.

Razaiim
7th Jan 2015, 19:55
Reserved for ShieldBearer

Razaiim
7th Jan 2015, 19:56
Guide is complete, any feedback is welcome from here on out. Will accept readability or layout changes as well as general information or knowledge I've left out or missed.

FireWorks_
20th Jan 2015, 16:02
I still didnt manage to read the whole thing but it gives very solid advice where I looked at it. Great job!

Razaiim
28th Jan 2015, 19:01
UPDATE: Preliminary thoughts on Summoner based on recent stream and October stream. Please take it with a grain of salt and allow a few weeks post release for more accurate info.