PDA

View Full Version : One day... (Will the series go on?)

member_10803141
31st May 2012, 18:21
We will see this series continue. One day... before I'm dead I hope :(

Now I need to go play Chrono Cross again, it's been a good.... 3 or 4 years, enough for me to forget half the story lol

Water
31st May 2012, 18:50
If you've forgotten the story, then it'll just be like playing it for the first time! Apparently, Chrono Cross was #14 on Famitsu's most fan-desired sequels. Not surprised at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_cross#Seque... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_cross#Sequels)

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 18:57
I love the Chrono series.

Speaking of that, I should replay Chrono Trigger DS and Chrono Cross on my PSP one of these days.

Two of my favorite RPGs.

member_10803141
31st May 2012, 19:30
Yeah Water, I tend to rotate my RPGs in such a way that by the time I come back upon them, I've forgotten most of the story so it's like playing it brand new~ish again =]

However lately I've been in a real huge Persona rut for some reason o.o the PSP remakes of 1-3 and P4 have dominated my last 6 months of gaming lol

Zul
31st May 2012, 19:40
How much of the original CT team exists? As far as I can remember, most of the CT team wasn't even there when Chrono Cross was made.

I always saw Chrono Cross as more of a spin-off into the Chrono world than a direct sequel, since everything supposedly goes back to the way the CT ending was after CC.

Ice
31st May 2012, 20:01
How much of the original CT team exists? As far as I can remember, most of the CT team wasn't even there when Chrono Cross was made.

There were still quite a few members, but the "Dream team" was mostly gone. Masato Kato (director/writer) and Yasunori Mitsuda (composer) were the main returning members. Since then, those 2 have gone freelance and a good chunk of the Chrono Cross team is either gone or absorbed into other teams like the FFXIV one.

Anyway, I would absolutely love Chrono Break (or whatever name is chosen) as well. One of these days...

Nemissa
31st May 2012, 21:44
It would be interesting to see a new game, but would it live up to our memories of the series? I am not so sure anymore. A lot of people can't even stomach Cross because it's not similar enough to Trigger.

Silvercube
1st Jun 2012, 01:24
I love Chrono Cross, one of the best games made. I still listen to the soundtrack. :)

Love to see another installment for sure.

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MV-FvxoR1PQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

member_10803141
1st Jun 2012, 04:10
I would personally stone to death anyone who hates on Cross. I personally found it bounds better then trigger. Just one man's opinion though :P I hold both games in high regard, above most FF titles infact.

Even if a new-gen Chrono title wouldn't 'live up to our expectations' I think everyone's expectations are a little high and we would all be happy just to see another title in the series.

Although I couldn't say the same for PE and The 3rd Birthday -_-

Cpt_Coolerz
1st Jun 2012, 13:20
I gotta say I miss that sorta depth that Chrono Cross had in an RPG, and an RPG set in tropical sorta vibe seems to always be good, theres just something about it.

And if they made a new one like its been said it might be a little risky without the Masato kato or the old team to work on it and end up like the 3rd birthday even though I'm the few who liked it.

Water
2nd Jun 2012, 18:21
Even if a new-gen Chrono title wouldn't 'live up to our expectations' I think everyone's expectations are a little high and we would all be happy just to see another title in the series.

I think that's true. Even if the dream team isn't still around, it could still be a solid game as long as we don't hold it to the bar set by CT/CC. That'd be a little unrealistic.

tiaeltaru
2nd Jun 2012, 18:49
Maybe, I hope we at least get Chrono Break some year, maybe before I turn 40.

So you've got a while SE, please?

I enjoyed CC a little more than CC, but both are awesome.

afonso
3rd Jun 2012, 22:47
we hope not...
=/

member_10139380
4th Jun 2012, 10:39
I'm playing it again nowadays, so no. I'm at the part where you got to get the Dragon Relics, actually. Black Dragon down, Marbule has been saved, now for the Earth Dragon.

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 10:49
we hope not...
=/

Nope, I personally find it better than Chrono Trigger, though both are 2 of my favorite RPGs.

Never forgotten here.

afonso
4th Jun 2012, 21:53
for me also is the best rpg already done ... and also never forget, and I hope you still have a continuation

Maylacroise
4th Jun 2012, 23:29
sounds like a dream i mean a remake HD of both chrono trigger and cross... :C

member_10803802
6th Jun 2012, 19:02
Yeah except one person, who at this point I feel only concerned with lining his wallet stated "If people want more chrono hehe, buy more chrono!" I'm sorry but considering I bought the initial release, bought it on DS and playstation, I might have bought more chrono on the PSN but since my PSP's busted I can't confirm that. on top of it I've bought company released merchandise, Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross on it's first week here, I'm just going to say that after a certain amount of buying chrono, I feel like I've had everything. Like there's not much else we could buy so we could "get more chrono". I eve have Nuumamonjaa...

So at this point I don't think it will ever happen especially since they want it to be the original team and apparently times spread everyone from that team out...

member_10803802
6th Jun 2012, 19:04
I love it, I still play the soundtrack at night. I rebought it from a videogame store for fifty bucks, just because I love it that much.

I think I'd actually name my son Serge... if it weren't old enough to have him made fun of at normal schools.

ZyzxxInfinity
9th Jun 2012, 00:12
I still have the the game (both the original black jewel case and the Greatest Hits version), the OST, and I have it downloaded from the PS Store on my PS3. I still play it on my PSP every now and then.

So nope, definitely "not forgotten". Not by me, anyway. Square Enix seems to have forgotten the series though.

tiaeltaru
9th Jun 2012, 00:43
I still have the the game (both the original black jewel case and the Greatest Hits version), the OST, and I have it downloaded from the PS Store on my PS3. I still play it on my PSP every now and then.

So nope, definitely "not forgotten". Not by me, anyway. Square Enix seems to have forgotten the series though.

More like it wouldn't be what it was since they wouldn't be able to get the "Dream Team" back together anyways.

Swirlberry
13th Jun 2012, 02:42
I wish Enix would make a new Chrono Trigger, kinda like Chrono Trigger Resurrection. I think everyone that loves Chrono Trigger would be very hyped up about it. Just a thought...

member_10074587
15th Jun 2012, 03:55
But we will probably never see one no matter how MUCH we want it /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif
youtu.be/UBNzKvb-S8Q (http://youtu.be/UBNzKvb-S8Q)

its a sad time in the gaming industry when U have to beg / plead to a company saying "we want X game" (sigh)

Killswift
15th Jun 2012, 08:46
I know i also love RPGS and would love to see a new Chrono game come out also bring back the Breath Of Fire series these were some of the best RPGs and seems like they are only going to be forgot about over time

bigmike2238
15th Jun 2012, 10:42
I have to agree with rpg-gamer's video post. It would be fantastic if another chrono game were to be made. But the likelyhood of it ever happening is slim. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

I had to be about 19 or 20 when news came about that square registered the name chrono break as a trademark, I remember being very excited at the time. I really didn't give up all hope until I found out SE let the name expire. I've imagined a HD CG Chrono and exactly what the trailor might look like, but I dont see this series getting a new addition or even a graphical reboot anytime soon...if ever. Kind of sad.

member_10803802
15th Jun 2012, 16:15
Yeah except one person, who at this point I feel only concerned with lining his wallet stated "If people want more chrono hehe, buy more chrono!" I'm sorry but considering I bought the initial release, bought it on DS and playstation, I might have bought more chrono on the PSN but since my PSP's busted I can't confirm that. on top of it I've bought company released merchandise, Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross on it's first week here, I'm just going to say that after a certain amount of buying chrono, I feel like I've had everything. Like there's not much else we could buy so we could "get more chrono". I eve have Nuumamonjaa... I'm sure there's numerous fans with multiple copies after it's what... 3rd or fourth rerelease? We can't buy much more if you don't put much more out. Are we supposed to time travel and buy radical dreamers as well? But a beautiful prject was the fan made 3D restoration of chrono trigger, kind of sad they shut it down. I wish I woulda kept the files lol

So at this point I don't think it will ever happen especially since they want it to be the original team and apparently times spread everyone from that team out...

Nig
19th Jun 2012, 11:59
For You the Fan and Follower, hardcore videogamer and Chrono Fan The next Chrono Game Should be:

a) Chrono Trigger 2
b) Chrono Cross 2
c) A Diferent game from the others ... say 'Chrono X'? (Diferent story Final Fantasy style on Chrono Franchise?)

What do you think?

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 12:52
None of the above, another game similar to CC would be the best way to go. Same world, just a different fix to a different part of the timeline. Maybe they'll actually show us where the real Schala is if they do end up making a fourth Chrono game. First though, I wouldn't mind actually getting an NA copy of the second game (I can't remember what it was called, it was only released on the Super Famicom in Japan... Radical Dreamers, maybe?), I read a fan translation of the game script but that wasn't quite enough for me

tiaeltaru
19th Jun 2012, 15:59
None of the above, another game similar to CC would be the best way to go. Same world, just a different fix to a different part of the timeline. Maybe they'll actually show us where the real Schala is if they do end up making a fourth Chrono game. First though, I wouldn't mind actually getting an NA copy of the second game (I can't remember what it was called, it was only released on the Super Famicom in Japan... Radical Dreamers, maybe?), I read a fan translation of the game script but that wasn't quite enough for me

Chrono Cross is more an enhanced/expanded version of Radical Dreamers.

Jackstin
19th Jun 2012, 16:06
Chrono Brake all the way baby!

Seriously, the PORT of Chrono Trigger sold a million, on top of that its one of the best selling VC games.

Why is this not being made? It makes no sense to me >_<

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 20:55
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Chrono Break the name of the DLC Sazh minigame in FFXIII-2?

Tiael, I thought Radical Dreamers was just someone who might have been Serge, Kid, and Magus breaking in to Viper Manor? If so, wouldn't that have been the raid that happened at Viper Manor in the Alternate World that they mention happened a short while before the events of CC started?

ShadowMagnet
20th Jun 2012, 01:24
A few years ago there was a 3D next gen being made by fans. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, or a Chrono Trigger 2. Chrono Cross was pretty good too, but not near as magical to me as the first one.

member_10033796
20th Jun 2012, 06:26
I've played both "Chronos" and I have to say that Chrono's Cross' vivid environments and characters led me to love it so much. I wish we could get Sqaure Enix to invest in another Chrono game! I'm sure fans would jump on it in no time. I always thought the Chrono games were popular.

Chrono Trigger was my first RPG on the playstation!

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 08:19
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Chrono Break the name of the DLC Sazh minigame in FFXIII-2?

Tiael, I thought Radical Dreamers was just someone who might have been Serge, Kid, and Magus breaking in to Viper Manor? If so, wouldn't that have been the raid that happened at Viper Manor in the Alternate World that they mention happened a short while before the events of CC started?

It's another alternate reality for sure, but it's more an expanded and altered version of Radical Dreamers (CC that is), and even has a Radical Dreamers easter egg in the game (which ties in with the alternate realities), so I don't expect them to ever revisit RD.

www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Easter_Egg (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Easter_Eggs_)s_ (Chrono_Cross).html (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Easter_Eggs_(Chrono_Cross).html)

It's at the bottom of the list, link isn't working for some reason so just copy and paste and remove the space in it.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 11:08
I definately missed that when I played the game... all eight times. Lol

Also, I was wrong, the FFXIII-2 DLC Sazh minigame was named Chrono Bind. I know I heard some rumors that we were getting a new Chrono game when SE applied for a trademark on that name last year

Maylacroise
22nd Jun 2012, 23:13
:C both are great games its 2 bad... ;__; the story ... omg i wanna play them now ;_;

member_10770952
22nd Jun 2012, 23:16
im pretty sure they'll get back to it.

member_10827409
24th Jun 2012, 12:00
same here.

member_10229037
8th Jul 2012, 19:18
man I hope we finally get another game in this series it is long overdue.

member_10084729
17th Jul 2012, 04:43
Chrono Cross being the most recent system for a Chrono type game, it may be best to expand on it. Though to counter Chrono Cross, it would be interesting to see two of the main protagonist and the two worlds. being forced to hop between the two to get things done.

yosen-ice
1st Aug 2012, 22:06
it is my all time favorite game. once in a while i do remember this game with ff game.

yosen-ice
1st Aug 2012, 22:06
it is my all time favorite game. once in a while i do remember this game with ff game.

jalert23
2nd Aug 2012, 01:10
Never! I still play this every now and then to get all possible endings... This game is too good to be forgotten... SE please a sequel is badly needed! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

Maniac
9th Aug 2012, 23:09
I bought a brand new copy of the game just last month. I hope things can't be forgotten if they're still selling. Granted, I bought a lot of other games too, but the game was new off amazon...does that count?

member_10474186
20th Aug 2012, 16:10
Hell no. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Chrono Cross has a special place in my heart.

Jotamide-91496
9th Sep 2012, 17:10
I haven't played Chrono Cross (yet) but I believe another game that shares some gameplay elements but has new characters and story could be quite interesting.

amonobanji
20th Sep 2012, 01:33
they need an HD port of this............ have it on ps1 but second disc is screwed up... i played for 200hrs +, good game. Lol, i remember i used to print out like the whole entire strategy guide from gamespot at my public library.

Amphysvena
9th Oct 2012, 18:18
This is not likely to happen for one single reason. Most of the artists that created this pieces of Art are not working for S-E anymore. They are with Monolith Software, which is currently under Nintendo.

This applies especially for Xenogears as well. Again, this is unlikely to happen but not impossible.

TravisB
9th Oct 2012, 18:21
bring on the sequel already.

i adore chrono chross.

chrono trigger was kinda meh to me.

member_10094599
23rd Oct 2012, 20:07
This is not likely to happen for one single reason. Most of the artists that created this pieces of Art are not working for S-E anymore. They are with Monolith Software, which is currently under Nintendo.

This applies especially for Xenogears as well. Again, this is unlikely to happen but not impossible.

Well then Square and Monolith with Nintendo could team up to make the next Chrono game on the Wii-U exclusive. Bring in Mistwalker and also

Mitsuda to work on the soundtrack.

It'll happen.

emirhanfx
24th Oct 2012, 07:26
im sure who had played it wont forget it.
i`ve played it first 10 years ago and after that played it 3 more times last one was around 4 years ago but still for me best rpg game with its story characters songs everything i wish they make a new one of chrono cross and im sure who played it also want a new one

emirhanfx
24th Oct 2012, 07:34
i`ve read many pages on the net about who wants a new chrono cross and i saw many people want it i just wanted to show it here.. maybe square enix can understand that how we loved chrono cross...

Soapstone
24th Oct 2012, 14:10
i would have to agree with you, i am personally angry and irate, that SE didnt remake all their psx generation games properly! games like FF7-9, vagrant story, and chrono cross needed it badly, i dunno if you have tried, but playing a psx game on a ps3 on a hdtv, doesnt look so HOT! the smothing ends up bluring a lot of what you see, and the psx graphics are horrendous! i dont know why SE started releasing all their games as PSX originals, and stopped remaking em as the had started with FFT, FF1, FF2, FF4, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean 1 and 2, and the recent FF3 which pisses me off about it being a PSN dload only!

the thing about chrono cross is that there is a TON of backstory that isnt told and a ton that is still left unexplained, the 49 joinable party members dont really have any point in being with you, only a few of em have back story and even then it is limited, it seems most of the back story is scentered around general viper and his commanders, along with the masamune being mixed in with their storyline. some of the characters i would have loved to get more back story on or have had thegame give them actual game time where you leanr more about them as a character, i have found that havign different characters in your party for certain scens doesnt really affect anything, they all say the exact same thing, just a little differently due to their personality and way of speaking!

the game still holds up to being as beautiful now in the cg sequences as it was when it was first released, but the actual 3d models for the monsters and characters, really need to be given an HD upgrade, as well as the battle scenes! also i would have loved to have a way to keep track of the endings you find. and more info given on the worlds and how they work, and more back story period!

i think SE should release a collection like they did with FF4 for the psp which includes Chrono Trigger, the revamped remake version of Chrono Chross, and the never locally released, Radical Dreamers visual novel. i would personally have loved to see a cg sequence for the concert that nikki and miki put on to wake the black dragon, and pull out the in game sequence that was used.

Isamu
24th Oct 2012, 14:31
Honestly, before they even touch Chrono-Cross, then need to address Chrono-trigger. Chrono-trigger is by far the better of the two, and well, it's just darn right amazing! Maybe, the can do CT, something inbetween to join the story line, and tie things together better with CC

emirhanfx
24th Oct 2012, 14:41
yeah u r totally right. i dont know they make many games and even some that people dont like but why not to remake or make a continue story about chrono cross that many people like , even in ps1 that game was great if we compare this game to other ps1 games cc is much better even better than many ps2 games,actually in the game everything wasnt finished or explained, i think they can make a good story, also kid said somewhere sometime we will meet again to serge, they can make a new journey that they meet again i dont know many things they can make, only thing im sure is if they make that game on ps3 with that great quailty display and already squar enix very good at making story and musics so its gonna be really great game... hope they will consider these one day but i hope before we get old to play :D

emirhanfx
24th Oct 2012, 15:50
Chrono Cross 2 of course...

kamany
4th Nov 2012, 22:05
I have played both these games multiple times this year. I just don't understand why they refuse to make a new one. These are my favorite games of all time and their refusal to add on to this series is maddening. I definitely will not be buying any Final Fantasy games in my life.

kamany
4th Nov 2012, 22:25
I don't particularly care if they can't gather the origional team toget. Sometimes adding new people adds new perspectives and leads to great ideas. These are the only 2 games i can replay over and over again and not get tired of them (I've beat each too many times to count). I just wish there was a way to get SE to listen to what the fans want, and not what SE feels like doing.

kamany
4th Nov 2012, 22:39
I think they should do a mixture of the 2. I'm sure they could come up with a way to mix the magic and elemental powers and time/ dimensional travel. Once again, Schala would have to be very important to the story, possibly where the origional cast searches for her and she draws Serge to her as a way to reunite Serge and Kid. But, I'd take anything right now.

kamany
4th Nov 2012, 22:45
They are both great games and we need a new one. I'd prefer one more tied into CC, but I'd take one more tied into CT. Or combine the 2! Chrono isn't much older than Serge and they can use time and dimesional travel to like them together.

MickiChiba
26th Nov 2012, 20:15
I have feeling there will be a Chrono Series along with other question that wasn't answered on CC.

what happened to Magus after the DS verison of Chrono Trigger?

where did the gang from Chrono Trigger go?

will there be some Lucca's old threoys will be reviel,etc.?

those questions need to be answered.

Mouse99
28th Nov 2012, 17:58
I'll pass on a remake of Cross, but I'll definitely support a new Radical Dreamers game....

culinarykid92
16th Dec 2012, 16:28
I never played Chrono Cross, but Chrono Trigger was awesome. I discovered it a year ago and got the DS copy. Sadly, they haven't released many games for the 3DS or PC so I don't play many of the recent SE games. So basically Final Fantasy 5+ has never been played by me. But what I really have been hoping for is a release of Chrono Cross for the DS/3DS as a retail title (or even a digital download).

member_10247755
26th Dec 2012, 12:24
I still play cc on my psp from time to time. The game was great, despite Square's need to throw in as many random characters a barely have any connection to ct at all.

heropierre
23rd Jan 2013, 01:37
I still play the game to this day. Even though I love both games, I personally love Chrono Cross more due to its rich environments and characters. I know most of the characters don't have an impact to the plot but I personally didn't mind that. Recruiting more characters into my party is always fun with me, even in the SaGa franchise or Suikoden. I hope Square didn't forgot about this great franchise... I know it makes sense for them to focus on the series' that make the most money, but I can dream, oh ho~

Besides, wouldn't mind seeing more Pierre~ : gets bricked :

moooka
23rd Jan 2013, 02:52
I will always remember it as one of the best RPGs of all time.

wimpykirby
31st Jan 2013, 09:42
I hope for another game too, just got CTDS and its awesome!! But its hard too..

moooka
31st Jan 2013, 10:08
A new story with new characters, but I also don't mind if it's a direct sequel to Cross or Trigger.

member_10247755
9th Feb 2013, 09:37
If they do a sequel to CT, I'd be much more interested in following the story of Janus/Magus.

Personally, I think having an episode that could tie CT and CC together could give an interesting story. We know that Lucca raised orphans, one of which was Kid, but I can't remember what happened to the others. Janus was supposed to be Guile in Radical Dreamers, but CC never took advantage of that.

karim.elborno@yahoo.ca
5th Mar 2013, 13:01
For You the Fan and Follower, hardcore videogamer and Chrono Fan The next Chrono Game Should be:

a) Chrono Trigger 2
b) Chrono Cross 2
c) A Diferent game from the others ... say 'Chrono X'? (Diferent story Final Fantasy style on Chrono Franchise?)

What do you think?

a) Chrono Trigger 2 all the way:) chrono cross was a wonderful game, but too many playable characters took so much out of the core game imo. would love to see CT2 or a brand new game welcomed into the series similiar to star ocean series.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 14:53
I don't need a remake of Cross but I would like a new game in the series. Or they could port it to my Vita, that would be nice too.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 14:57
I hope SE hasn't forgotten this game. I'd love a new one. I don't just want ports or remakes of my past favorite games. I want new ones damnit!

9th Mar 2013, 06:23
chrono cross is better on story and damn... that carribean theme is so breath taking with yatsonori's music....

chrono trigger is better in character development

but i doubt this would happen. I think square knows that this is one of their best series. Making another chrono game would be hopeless as I remember they said that getting back the chrono team(the makers, developers) is impossible.

moooka
10th Mar 2013, 03:29
The Chrono brand needs to be revived with a new game.

shawn.carlson.5686
23rd Mar 2013, 09:26
I'd LOVE it... LOVE IT. if they would re-make the original.
NOT A SEQUEL. enhance the graphics keep the game type, Script, Story line.

Same goes for Trigger.

shawn.carlson.5686
23rd Mar 2013, 09:30
chrono cross is better on story and damn... that carribean theme is so breath taking with yatsonori's music....

chrono trigger is better in character development

but i doubt this would happen. I think square knows that this is one of their best series. Making another chrono game would be hopeless as I remember they said that getting back the chrono team(the makers, developers) is impossible.

To get the team back shouldn't be that great of a concern. it should be to find a way to legally remake the same game. and if it takes a new generation of designers then that parts easy.

It's been a few years since square shut down the crono ressurection game that was in the development but I'm still holdoing my breath waiting for them to make the right dession.

shawn.carlson.5686
23rd Mar 2013, 09:35
i would have to agree with you, i am personally angry and irate, that SE didnt remake all their psx generation games properly! games like FF7-9, vagrant story, and chrono cross needed it badly, i dunno if you have tried, but playing a psx game on a ps3 on a hdtv, doesnt look so HOT! the smothing ends up bluring a lot of what you see, and the psx graphics are horrendous! i dont know why SE started releasing all their games as PSX originals, and stopped remaking em as the had started with FFT, FF1, FF2, FF4, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean 1 and 2, and the recent FF3 which pisses me off about it being a PSN dload only!

the thing about chrono cross is that there is a TON of backstory that isnt told and a ton that is still left unexplained, the 49 joinable party members dont really have any point in being with you, only a few of em have back story and even then it is limited, it seems most of the back story is scentered around general viper and his commanders, along with the masamune being mixed in with their storyline. some of the characters i would have loved to get more back story on or have had thegame give them actual game time where you leanr more about them as a character, i have found that havign different characters in your party for certain scens doesnt really affect anything, they all say the exact same thing, just a little differently due to their personality and way of speaking!

the game still holds up to being as beautiful now in the cg sequences as it was when it was first released, but the actual 3d models for the monsters and characters, really need to be given an HD upgrade, as well as the battle scenes! also i would have loved to have a way to keep track of the endings you find. and more info given on the worlds and how they work, and more back story period!

i think SE should release a collection like they did with FF4 for the psp which includes Chrono Trigger, the revamped remake version of Chrono Chross, and the never locally released, Radical Dreamers visual novel. i would personally have loved to see a cg sequence for the concert that nikki and miki put on to wake the black dragon, and pull out the in game sequence that was used.

Agreed on every level.

shawn.carlson.5686
23rd Mar 2013, 13:50
Maybe we are barking up the wrong tree... maybe square is no the right place to be asking. Maybe Monolith is who we should have this posted for.

member_10012998
23rd Mar 2013, 15:55
I would love a new Chrono game as well. I bought it for the SNES so long ago and have bought every other version of the game since in support for this great game. I like how SE keeps making sequels of FF XIII, but can't find the time to do a new Chrono game which hasn't been done since the PS2. Oh well.

I'd also love to see Breath of Fire come back from Capcom and Suikoden come back from Konami.

Tsuko85
25th Apr 2013, 16:09

Well then Square and Monolith with Nintendo could team up to make the next Chrono game on the Wii-U exclusive. Bring in Mistwalker and also

Mitsuda to work on the soundtrack.

It'll happen.

as long as it's on 3DS as well

member_10636626
10th May 2013, 15:05
Oh my god. I really miss this game. I love the story of chrono cross. I played this game when i was 8, then played it again years later to understand the story. It's such an amazing game and i think many people missed it. I think square enix could have a great shot with it (remake, CC2, etc). I hope square enix stops bothering so much on graphics, and starts focusing on a good story.

shrugo
28th May 2013, 13:34
I think we have to ask ourselves why they would make a new Chrono game.
I don't really think they have any reason to. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were great games and they are still making money off of those games today, but until Square can fix Final Fantasy I don't think they should attempt another Chrono game. Why would they doom a franchise like that? However if the FF games get fixed then you might see serious talk of another Chrono game. But as it is, there isn't a reason to make another. There is no cliffhanger or any hint at making a new game at the end.
Really, as much as I would like to think I would love it, I can't be sure that I really would enjoy playing a new Chrono game if it was anything like the newer games Square has made as of late.

member_10403753
1st Jul 2013, 14:10
A. For sure 1 was great.

Theodor70941
16th Aug 2013, 12:16
They should make a new one for next gen systems (PS vita and PS4)

Theodor70941
16th Aug 2013, 12:17
we hope not...
=/*

SE does have promblems whit their economy... they would sell millions of copys if they made it for PS vita and PS4

Khalith
20th Feb 2014, 10:35
I want the series to go on with a sequel to chrono trigger. Chrono Cross doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, that abortion of a game shouldn't exist. The whole devourer of time concept with schala really irked me, give me a proper game of Magus finding her, another planet fighting off another one of the lavoids in a new setting, and the war with porre. I mean the idea that guardia goes down from Porre? Really? Why didn't crono just luminaire the whole lot of them while Lucca hits the survivors with Flare? The battle would be over in about 5 minutes!

This whole thing really bugs me, Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, when I learned of a sequel I was ecstatic, then after actually playing Chrono Cross I was disgusted. Buying new weapons (needing materials) was confusing, I never managed to figure it out, too many characters that weren't fleshed out, really awkward battle system that I did not care for, and the combat just lacked depth compared to it's predecessor. The music wasn't as good as CT and I didn't care for the visuals either. I have an unadulterated disdain for Cross, I feel like it killed the series.

Tsuko85
8th Mar 2014, 01:15
I want the series to go on with a sequel to chrono trigger. Chrono Cross doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, that abortion of a game shouldn't exist. The whole devourer of time concept with schala really irked me, give me a proper game of Magus finding her, another planet fighting off another one of the lavoids in a new setting, and the war with porre. I mean the idea that guardia goes down from Porre? Really? Why didn't crono just luminaire the whole lot of them while Lucca hits the survivors with Flare? The battle would be over in about 5 minutes!

This whole thing really bugs me, Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, when I learned of a sequel I was ecstatic, then after actually playing Chrono Cross I was disgusted. Buying new weapons (needing materials) was confusing, I never managed to figure it out, too many characters that weren't fleshed out, really awkward battle system that I did not care for, and the combat just lacked depth compared to it's predecessor. The music wasn't as good as CT and I didn't care for the visuals either. I have an unadulterated disdain for Cross, I feel like it killed the series.

Given the bad direction Square Enix is heading, I don't have enough faith in them anymore to regain their past dedication to making good games
All they care about now is making low budget garbage

carolesfelix
22nd Nov 2016, 12:47
I just needed so much a sequel from Chrono Cross, does anyone else agree?

Haktufu
8th Jun 2017, 05:42
I know it might sound mean but if you show a demand for this game, it's possible m, highly, for this game to be created. You have to show the company and creator that you want it and you will purchase it. It's still a business and one of he most expensive when creating. You should find out how long it takes to create the graphics but I bet you know it already. Petition worldwide and this will happen and even give ideas cause this is a classic and it must be shown the proper respect for it's release. It's hasn't been out in 18 years. A lot of people aren't familiar with it. It must be reintroduced properly