PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - July 22nd update

Saikocat
22nd Jul 2014, 15:29
The Fane
- Added our new map, the Fane! Explore the depths of an undisturbed city of the Razielim
- For this initial release, it only supports New Recruit and Team Deathmatch playlists.

Prophet
New Ability - Eldritch Guard
- Cast a protective shield on a teammate that absorbs 350 damage before breaking

Deceiver
New Ability - Infect
- Slash at nearby foes to infect them with a plague that will spread to nearby humans and deal damage over time

Reaver
Shadow Bomb
- Halved previous update’s Throw velocity nerf
Choking Haze
Evolved Dumahim Skin
- Brightened Evolved Dumahim skin to improve visibility of Reavers with this skin equipped

Razaiim
22nd Jul 2014, 16:03
As soon as I get that last 3k xp for sent I'll give these changes a whirl. Is today going to be like sommerdamm's release where it was the only playable map?

Varulven
22nd Jul 2014, 16:05
Reaver
Shadow Bomb
Choking Haze

Thank you!

neoVictrix
22nd Jul 2014, 16:07
Curious to see how that guard will be used by players. Also can't wait to try out the new map.

Captain3009
22nd Jul 2014, 16:11
Looking good, let's test this...:)

RainaAudron
22nd Jul 2014, 16:15
As soon as I get that last 3k xp for sent I'll give these changes a whirl. Is today going to be like sommerdamm's release where it was the only playable map?

I´m hoping so too!

lucinvampire
22nd Jul 2014, 16:33
Oooooooooh sweeeeeeeet :D can't wait to have a play tonight!

Vampmaster
22nd Jul 2014, 16:33
I haven't had chance to look yet, but it would be a nice touch if the Eldritch Guard turns out to resemble the effect used on the shielded enemies in Defiance. http://jamesthecarpenter.com/Imported%20Extra/Review%20Pics-Jpeg/Legacy%20of%20Kain.Defiance-PS2/photo3.jpg (The effect is to the left. I couldn't find a picture with it in the centre.)

-Konf-
22nd Jul 2014, 16:34
Hi Saikocat,

Thanks for posting the notes!

As a Deceiver player, I feel like I've been given a treat - a new ability and a map to play on! I know that the game will be up soon to try all of that, but I'm feeling really impatient here so was wondering if you could tell us whether [Infect] is a [Q] or an [F] ability?

Also, the new Prophet support skill is looking really interesting. Already feeling the potential plays and new frustration levels haha.

Crazyjanda
22nd Jul 2014, 16:44
Thank you, these were all needed. Will love to play the new map tonight. Does any one knows when will be servers coming up ?

Severix
22nd Jul 2014, 17:00
Sounds like a pretty good update, still waiting patiently for better matchmaking for premades :p.

Bazielim
22nd Jul 2014, 17:02
I know that the game will be up soon to try all of that, but I'm feeling really impatient here so was wondering if you could tell us whether [Infect] is a [Q] or an [F] ability?

It's a primary (Q) ability I believe - it replaces Backstab anyway, whatever that is (sorry I have a different control scheme)

KiLLaZ87
22nd Jul 2014, 17:06
Hoping for outhers good game modes, don't waste this game please, it's good.Fix siege mode and made it awesome like all of us are writing about in suggestions.Make it EPIC like attak/defend modes on Chivalry.

Captain3009
22nd Jul 2014, 17:08
I haven't had chance to look yet, but it would be a nice touch if the Eldritch Guard turns out to resemble the effect used on the shielded enemies in Defiance. http://jamesthecarpenter.com/Imported%20Extra/Review%20Pics-Jpeg/Legacy%20of%20Kain.Defiance-PS2/photo3.jpg (The effect is to the left. I couldn't find a picture with it in the centre.)

I urgently need to replay this game, it's so long since I've already forgotten the details. :o Shame on me...

-Konf-
22nd Jul 2014, 17:34
It's a primary (Q) ability I believe - it replaces Backstab anyway, whatever that is (sorry I have a different control scheme)

Thanks for the response! Looking forward to trying it out. Hope it won't encourage the "deceiver spam" though because of it's AoE component.

Saikocat
22nd Jul 2014, 17:44
As a Deceiver player, I feel like I've been given a treat - a new ability and a map to play on! I know that the game will be up soon to try all of that, but I'm feeling really impatient here so was wondering if you could tell us whether [Infect] is a [Q] or an [F] ability?

It's a "Q" ability.

I don't have an ETA just yet for you on when we're live again, but once we are up, I'll put up another reply here to let everyone know.

Saikocat
22nd Jul 2014, 17:51
We should be live again now!

RazielWarmonic
22nd Jul 2014, 18:04
My map.

MasterZtark
22nd Jul 2014, 18:32
Thanks Cat! I can't wait to test everything out, looks good!

GenFeelGood
22nd Jul 2014, 18:45
I just tried infect, it is a great ability and alternative to backstab. The Deceiver is now closer to competing with the Reaver. That means its probably gonna get nerfed eventually :(, so enjoy it while you can. Haven't gotten to Fane yet, why not let that be the only map available for the day like back when Sommerdamm was first released?

PencileyePirate
22nd Jul 2014, 19:09
The Deceiver is now closer to competing with the Reaver. That means its probably gonna get nerfed eventually :(, so enjoy it while you can.

Tbh I think Reaver has felt much closer to the other vampire classes since the HP and throw velocity nerf last patch, though I'm glad to see the throw velocity nerf has been toned down a little.

Severix
22nd Jul 2014, 19:15
Love the new map guys, good job :D

MasterZtark
22nd Jul 2014, 19:40
The Prophet and Deceiver Loadouts are still not saving. Our Profile tab is also still saying for the Prophet "Banish Shot Kills" and the Deceiver is saying "Phase Kills".

I noticed there has never been a tally for a Scouts "Mark Target Kills" as well, or a Reavers "Shadow Step Uses" (similar to a Scouts "Grappling Hook Uses"). Maybe some kind of stat for the new Prophet ability would be cool too.

EDIT: Hmmm, seems like the Loadouts are saving now. Not sure why they didn't after that first game, but looks fine now.

EDIT 2: Ack, nope still not saving, lol. Exited the game again completely and came back in, both loadouts reset to defaults for those classes.

Razaiim
22nd Jul 2014, 21:45
Ok quick couple games: infect is very nice, handles much like backstab, and doesn't feel overly powerful. I can definitely see the potential coupled with another deceiver's mind control. The reaver throws also feel much better, and seem to have the same range as human thrown objects, which is more acceptable I guess.

Also no Fane yet.

RazielWarmonic
23rd Jul 2014, 02:25
Infect and Shield spam.
Both of these things need to be looked at.

Literally no way to dodge Infect, as long as you're not facing 180 degrees away from them it's a hit.

Shield would probably sit better at 250-300 damage compared to 350 imo, or at least needs a time scale back. It lasts a very long time. Too long, in fact.

MasterZtark
23rd Jul 2014, 02:41
On the map The Fane if you kill a human in the blue room labeled "Homage to Kain" on the mini-map, you are not allowed to feed on the dead body (no symbol above their body to feed / immediately acts as if the timer is out). This has happened the two times I have killed a human in there (the first time I considered it a fluke).

EDIT: Played another game on The Fane and this corpse bug at "Homage to Kain" happened every time again (at least three times that game). I noticed something else weird, when I used the Prophet's Hex Shot on vampires in that room it did nothing to them. Maybe I'm just an idiot and I actually missed every single time (lol), but I pretty much stayed in that room all game to test and never once did the Hex appear to work. The corpse bug happened right outside the room as well (still in the "Homage to Kain" section though on mini-map).

PencileyePirate
23rd Jul 2014, 03:46
Shield would probably sit better at 250-300 damage compared to 350 imo, or at least needs a time scale back. It lasts a very long time. Too long, in fact.

100% agreed with this. Also, the effect on shield is very distracting and impedes visibility when using sights.

uNborn-
23rd Jul 2014, 08:22
Infect and Shield spam.
Both of these things need to be looked at.

Literally no way to dodge Infect, as long as you're not facing 180 degrees away from them it's a hit.

Agreed.

LorenCole
23rd Jul 2014, 11:35
On the map The Fane if you kill a human in the blue room labeled "Homage to Kain" on the mini-map, you are not allowed to feed on the dead body (no symbol above their body to feed / immediately acts as if the timer is out). This has happened the two times I have killed a human in there (the first time I considered it a fluke).

You can't eat it because the fresh corpe you kill in that room is the homage to Kain =D XD

It's like drinking the coffee your boss asked you to make.

Whoopdidoohah
23rd Jul 2014, 13:01
I just tried infect, it is a great ability and alternative to backstab. The Deceiver is now closer to competing with the Reaver. That means its probably gonna get nerfed eventually :(, so enjoy it while you can. Haven't gotten to Fane yet, why not let that be the only map available for the day like back when Sommerdamm was first released?

Nope. Deceiver's still an easy kill when caught his pants down, Reaver's still the best vampire with his out of jail cards (both Evasion and Shadow step). Also, didn't you just read that they halved the latest Reaver nerf ? Meaning, they just rebuffed it ? IMO the balance between the vampires is very good right now, a little bit of changes here and there and we're set.

Infect is a good skill, but I'd hardly call it 'strong'. I tried it and it's only really effective when the humans are piling on top of one another, when they're spread out, backstab is so much better. It does a whooping 250 damage, but can tick on people around your target, very close range. A good human team is likely not really affected by spreading the infection. Like I said, backstab is much better, especially IF the humans are spread out, like most experienced teams are. BUT, if the humans are all close to each other, it can deal a total of 1000 damage, and combined with Shroud, it got me some stupidly easy triple kills against some bad humans teams, something Backstab can't do (unless the odd all the humans are lined up for a backstab when the stars are aligned). In the end ? That's a sweet alternative, but I'll still use backstab most of the time, to hit and run, kill one ennemy and GTFO.

On the vampire totem pole, I'd put Reaver on top, closely followed by Sentinel, then Tyrant and Deceiver are on par for the last spot. And really, I sort them out by KDR, since I mostly play TDM, and that KDR really affects the outcome of most games. Sentinel is a tough beast to master but in good hands it can be more lethal than Reaver, but still, Reaver wins it with his ease to play and how easily he can pick up his spot. Deceiver you make one mistake you're dead, Tyrant they're so big and slow very hard to get out of LoS and survive if you're not using your crutch, Ignore pain.

Vampmaster
23rd Jul 2014, 13:34
On the vampire totem pole, I'd put Reaver on top, closely followed by Sentinel, then Tyrant and Deceiver are on par for the last spot.

Should there really be a totem pole with some classes better than others, though? That doesn't sound very balanced to me and will only make some classes less fun to play. Isn't the whole idea of a selection of classes that you play the one you're best as with rather than progress through them linearly according to your skill? If that was the case, it would end up with all the really skilled players playing Sentinels and all the newer players playing as Reavers for example.

MasterZtark
23rd Jul 2014, 14:03
You can't eat it because the fresh corpe you kill in that room is the homage to Kain =D XD

It's like drinking the coffee your boss asked you to make.

^_^ That is the best answer I could ever hope to get for this bug! Thank you, hahaha.

Whoopdidoohah
23rd Jul 2014, 14:50
Should there really be a totem pole with some classes better than others, though? That doesn't sound very balanced to me and will only make some classes less fun to play. Isn't the whole idea of a selection of classes that you play the one you're best as with rather than progress through them linearly according to your skill? If that was the case, it would end up with all the really skilled players playing Sentinels and all the newer players playing as Reavers for example.

Well, I sorted the vampires out from my own experience and it can vary with every individuals.

Well, I kind of do think that the hardest a vampire is to kill, the better he is in the hands of a good player, because as we all know, we play mostly TDMs and the number of deaths counts.

I think for the most part a Tyrant isn't exactly good at hit and run and will mostly do good ONLY IF he uses Ignore pain against strong human players, as his charge and jump abilities are easily dodged and rarely affect more than 1 or 2 people from the ennemy team, thus, when a Tyrant jumps in the fight he will be focused and die rather quickier than a Reaver or Sentinel.

Also, a Deceiver is pretty gimped outside of invisibility, he is tall and not as agile as Reaver. He can dish out a lot of pain from close in and you should always look for your teammates to defend against a Deceiver if there's one against you, but most of the time, a good human team will CC and dispose of a Deceiver rather quickly when he pops out of stealth, and don't start me on how useless is Dominate mind most of the time. If Dominate mind would be more useful, Deceiver wouldn't be forced to use disguise and then would have more utility outside of melee range. I've had times where I wanted to use Dominate mind to help a team approach a fight, then I had to move closer to the humans because the range is too short, and the cast time is horrible and puts you in danger, and then a scout pulverizes you from range as you cast that BS ability and can't get out of it unless your target is hit (but if you're hit it's allright, nonsense).

Eh well, maybe someone else could gimme some tips about Dominate mind but it's quite weak IMO in it's current iteration.

Blackdeathteal
23rd Jul 2014, 15:16
Reaver and Hunter have spend way too long at the top of the totem pole , I'm glad Deciever has had a step up in gameplay it actually breaks the 3 - 4 man Reaver teams that have became all to common . What is with the current maintenance are we getting some hotfixes for the shroud / stealth and map issues ?

Sanguise23
23rd Jul 2014, 17:15
what about infect dominate mind combo, havent tried it not sure you would be safe after hitting with infect

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Jul 2014, 17:31
On the map The Fane if you kill a human in the blue room labeled "Homage to Kain" on the mini-map, you are not allowed to feed on the dead body (no symbol above their body to feed / immediately acts as if the timer is out).
This is a bug and I'm looking into it. Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Whoopdidoohah
23rd Jul 2014, 18:10
what about infect dominate mind combo, havent tried it not sure you would be safe after hitting with infect

Dominate mind stops working if your target takes damage.

Sanguise23
23rd Jul 2014, 20:11
didnt even think of that (stupid me), thats too bad would be a great combo

RazielWarmonic
27th Jul 2014, 22:41
Oh! Forgot the most important thing wasn't mentioned in these notes.

Bird scripts are working as intended again. No more meleeing birds. They figured out how to fly again!
DARN IT ALL TO HELL!

RainaAudron
29th Jul 2014, 10:04
Oh! Forgot the most important thing wasn't mentioned in these notes.

Bird scripts are working as intended again. No more meleeing birds. They figured out how to fly again!
DARN IT ALL TO HELL!

Birds have been flying away for quite some time now - I think since March or something...

Razaiim
31st Jul 2014, 16:20
Dominate mind stops working if your target takes damage.

only applies to melee attacks or other stuns/other knockdowns. DoT effects like haze and infect won't break it.

That said s single deceiver won't be able to pull off a dominate mind/infect combo, but two deceivers can and it works nicely.

Birds have been flying away for quite some time now - I think since March or something...

There was a short span where birds would not take off. I only noticed the change because I was really bored on freeport.