PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of New MM - System Ingame and Stats or MMR > Personal Stats

leifstream
30th Dec 2014, 09:50
Hi,

i stopped to play a while ago and have started playing again. I've read the forum and twitter in the last couple of month, but I don't think everyone does it.

With the explanation of the new MM-system i had the expectation, that fewer would people leave the matches, because they get a penalty for leaving and their MM-score decreases.

But as I said, not everyone is reading forum posts and they still value their personal score and stats higher than the invisible MMR (and this are some highskilled people, who leave a couple of kills before the match ends for their personal win rate).

Please explain this system to players in the game and not on the forum. It would be nice to see their own MMR in the not so distant future.

(It's funny how warbands look for players with a winrate above a %-Rate, when they should be looking for players, who stay the whole match with their team and not leave for personal reasons)

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Dec 2014, 13:35
Most times i left the game was because 1 guy from my team left and for a great part of the match it's a 4v3...sometimes the opposing team have the decency of waiting for a 4th player to join, but mostly they just take this opportunity to beat the **** out of us...
So eventually after a few minutes of no one joining the score gets like 17- 8, and its basically a hopeless match since almost no one will stay after they join a game like this...

This isn't much of an issue when it's the vampires that have 1 less teammate, because vamps can easily hide till a 4th joins....but humans just get f-ed.

I would propose something that paused the game till the number of players are equal on each side...this way u can still play if its 2v2, or 3v3.

Wolf_the_Legend
1st Jan 2015, 16:39
when it is a 4v3 game just let one of the 4 teammates wait until one of his teammates dies and so on ...

if it is a 4v2 let 2 people wait ...

so the fun isn't totally ruined. :thumb:

PencileyePirate
1st Jan 2015, 19:03
I think they should do what CS GO does:

Split MM into casual and competitive queues. Casual allows leavers and will attempt to refill their slots during the match, but competitive should not.

Consider making casual matches 5v5. This adds more chaos & confusion, but it's also less likely that one player will significantly impact team balance.

Competitive should show player rank so they can strive to rank up. Players of different rank should not be queued together unless their ranks are close together; premades must have a full 4-player party to mix wildly different ranks.

Implement cooldown penalty for leavers in competitive mode only. The cooldown length increases for repeat offenses within the same week [first is 1hr, second 24hrs, and third is 7 days.]

Cristari
2nd Jan 2015, 12:17
because they get a penalty for leaving and their MM-score decreases.

Awesome if this is implemented then I will just leave games until my MMR is so low I get put in with rubbish players and enjoy the win after win.

Way cool of the dev team to put in place a system that can be played around with to your benefit!

PencileyePirate
2nd Jan 2015, 16:28
Awesome if this is implemented then I will just leave games until my MMR is so low I get put in with rubbish players and enjoy the win after win. Way cool of the dev team to put in place a system that can be played around with to your benefit!

Err, no. Ranking typically is adjusted depending on scores (i.e. how much you won/lost by.) If you quit to get a low ranking and then proceed stomp some low ranking newbies you'll just rank up after a match or two ... you shouldn't be able to continue playing with them "win after win." Also if a competitive mode + leaver cooldown penalty is implemented then quitting to adjust rank would be even more pointless.