PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Chat moderation

Hjalmtyr
26th Dec 2014, 09:31
Greetings and happy New Year which is about to come.

As the game gets closer to open beta and more languages are being supported in the chat so the population of the game is growing bigger. Or so i hope. With increasing number of players increases the number of players with bad manners which I already begin to see. And in most cases such players are useless as teammates and type nothing worth reading. And so I suggests to give certain reliable active players rights to mute such people in the chat (in both lobby and in-game chats). For a short duration, maybe for a single game or, in particularly bad cases, for 30 min, an hour, 2 hours.etc. And I would like to volunteer for this coz i cant stand such behavior and want the chat to be more polite. In addition, I'm a Russian player who can watch over russian-speaking people.

Thank you

Shikei001
26th Dec 2014, 11:14
I do agree with u.. but I don't like the idea that some Player has the rights to mute other player for the entire game..

I would rather like an option that allowes every Player to mute someone for himself..
" Example: /mute/Player123 "

Hjalmtyr
26th Dec 2014, 11:27
The whole idea is exactly to prevent people from saying dirty things so that they could realize that this wont go unpunished. The idea is to teach them to watch their tongue. Mere "shielding" yourself from such people wont stop them from doing this over and over again in future battles.

MasterShuriko
26th Dec 2014, 11:29
The whole idea is exactly to prevent people from saying dirty things so that they could realize that this wont go unpunished. The idea is to teach them to watch their tongue. Mere "shielding" yourself from such people wont stop them from doing this over and over again in future battles.

Agreed, a report, harassment,abuse, racist, sexist comments should be in the game.
So far you will have to do this via steams vac report

RainaAudron
26th Dec 2014, 12:32
What you are asking for is technically impossible to do. You simply can´t police every single match which is going on in person. As others said, reporting via steam, muting or in-game report button would be enough.

Khalith
26th Dec 2014, 13:11
Agreed, a report, harassment,abuse, racist, sexist comments should be in the game.
So far you will have to do this via steams vac report

That is the annoying part of the whole process. I prefer the tried and true process in MMO's like WoW. Someone says something inappropriate, you right click their name and report them, and after doing so it automatically blocks all text to you from that person, it's a really nice function to have.

MasterShuriko
26th Dec 2014, 17:17
In a way I think that is a bad way to go around the problem too.

For example: Person "X" shouts gibberish at you through all games you have with him so you report it.
Then the game wont show anything this person tells to you and I think that the game wont pair you up with person "X" in future game either.

So if you happen to find ALOT of these persons and you decide to report them, then you are at risk of deminishing the amount of matches the game finds for you thus punishing YOU instead of the perpetraitor that caused you to make a report of them.

If the game still finds matches with these people you have reported with the exception that you cant see what they type, it can even then lead to a game where you cant read the tactics or vice versa wich then might lead to even more bad things. An evil spiral of sort.

Sorry If I wrote in a odd way but Im kinda lightheaded atm due to migrane and meds :confused:

Hjalmtyr
26th Dec 2014, 18:23
Then what can possibly be done to make people think before saying anything...unpleasant? In theory there is a possibility to create list of forbidden words that will be automatically changed to smth like *********. in different languages. I've seen such thing back when i was playing Guild Wars 1. As an additional option people using mature language would be automuted for 2 min. I dont really like the report system. Atleast not now when the game doesnt have enough players. Banning them would decrease the amount even more.
That is why i suggested moderators. They cant "police" every single match yet 15-20 of them will be meeting almost every player and giving them "a lesson" if needed. Byt Raina says this is impossible technically.
So...what else can possibly be done?

Khalith
26th Dec 2014, 18:41
If the game still finds matches with these people you have reported with the exception that you cant see what they type, it can even then lead to a game where you cant read the tactics or vice versa wich then might lead to even more bad things. An evil spiral of sort.

I understand what you're getting at. But for the sake of not having to deal with such people again, that's a price I'd gladly pay. I'd want the system where you outlined above where the only difference is not seeing what they say at all. However if the game reaches a sizable enough population then not being put in a lobby with them can be feasible.

chriZor
27th Dec 2014, 22:25
I like to have some kind of mute system. First for the in-game-voice and then for the chat. There are enough flamers who refuse to work in team.

-chriZ0r