PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Rewards

Gugulug5000
18th Dec 2014, 17:17
Kind of a small suggestion, but it would be nice to see some sort of reward for completing achievements. Maybe a banner at 50% completion and a skin at 100% or something like that. Like I said, it's a small suggestion, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Vampmaster
18th Dec 2014, 17:32
It would be great to see more of the clan symbols and elemental symbols both in game and on banners. Perhaps those could be used?

Gugulug5000
18th Dec 2014, 17:47
It would be great to see more of the clan symbols and elemental symbols both in game and on banners. Perhaps those could be used?

A good idea! Maybe they could do something along the lines of "if you complete all Tyrant related achievements, you get a Turelim banner." Likewise with all of the other classes, and then you get a red banner with Kain's symbol for completing 100% of the achievements. As much as I like skins in this game, I'm not sure if they would want to give away skins for doing achievements (especially considering how easy the achievements are).

Vampmaster
18th Dec 2014, 17:54
A good idea! Maybe they could do something along the lines of "if you complete all Tyrant related achievements, you get a Turelim banner." Likewise with all of the other classes, and then you get a red banner with Kain's symbol for completing 100% of the achievements. As much as I like skins in this game, I'm not sure if they would want to give away skins for doing achievements (especially considering how easy the achievements are).

For in game, I just whatever new skins and attachments come out in future. Not necessarily for the achievements, but it would be nice. I'm sure the symbols can be added as decals or something so that you don't need to remake the full skin.

Lord_Aevum
18th Dec 2014, 18:07
The elemental symbols were completely unknown and "enigmatic" to Raziel in Soul Reaver 2, so those would probably dismantle LoK if added into this game. Did you mean the glyph symbols of Soul Reaver 1?

Gugulug5000
18th Dec 2014, 18:08
For in game, I just whatever new skins and attachments come out in future. Not necessarily for the achievements, but it would be nice. I'm sure the symbols can be added as decals or something so that you don't need to remake the full skin.

True. They could just do a quick recolor (using the clan colors) and slap the clan symbols/elemental symbols on and call it a day. I'm with you, it doesn't have to be for achievements, but a little something something for those who like to get all of the achievements would be nice.

Vampmaster
18th Dec 2014, 18:18
The elemental symbols were completely unknown and "enigmatic" to Raziel in Soul Reaver 2, so those would probably dismantle LoK if added into this game. Did you mean the glyph symbols of Soul Reaver 1?

How do we know they weren't part of some pervasive religion? There weren't many homes or temples to explore to find out.

Lord_Aevum
18th Dec 2014, 18:36
Heh, well you can find wiggle room for most anything. A sequel could wiggle out of Raziel's sacrifice in Defiance if desired, or it could exercise narrative restraint. Raziel's observations are the best clue we're ever going to get from the games, as he lived through the SR era longer than any human and should be second only to Kain in terms of worldly enlightenment. When he went to the past, he indicated he hadn't seen those symbols before and didn't understand their significance.

Gugulug5000
18th Dec 2014, 18:58
I thought Vampmaster was just referring to the human class symbols, not the actual elemental symbols (they didn't even occur to me strangely enough). I'm actually with Aevum regarding those. I'd be cool with seeing the human class symbols on banners and skins though.

Vampmaster
18th Dec 2014, 19:40
Heh, well you can find wiggle room for most anything. A sequel could wiggle out of Raziel's sacrifice in Defiance if desired, or it could exercise narrative restraint. Raziel's observations are the best clue we're ever going to get from the games, as he lived through the SR era longer than any human and should be second only to Kain in terms of worldly enlightenment. When he went to the past, he indicated he hadn't seen those symbols before and didn't understand their significance.

That's not the same thing. The whole plot doesn't fall apart just because someone knows what a symbol means. I mean who says they have to trace it's origins all the way back to the ancient vampires and the forges. If I was implying they knew all of that stuff, then it would lead to some pretty massive plot holes, but I'm not saying that at all. It could easily been part of Nosgoth's culture so long that no body knows where it came from. I'm sure there's plenty of examples of that happening in real life that would prove it's not that far fetched. Also, there's a point in the SR2 where Raziel just looks at a symbol and knows exactly which forge he needs to visit next. Maybe he'd seen it before in a different context.

EDIT: Maybe not. I remember as well that he recognised some, but not others, so maybe it was just his own deduction.

Also, I didn't specify whether it was the ones in the forges of the ones related to the glyphs. Surely, they'd have myths and stuff about the shrines and symbols passed along with the myths.

Lord_Aevum
18th Dec 2014, 19:58
This tangent of discussion is quickly moving in a direction of "probably not", "could be", "well probably not", "I told you could be" which could continue forever, so perhaps the wisest thing is to close with the bottom line from me:

Usage of the elemental symbols in the Soul Reaver era, especially outside of ancient ruins and without a very convincing narrative to support them, would amount to needless fan service on shaky ground.

On Raziel recognising the symbols, I don't think there is such a moment anywhere in the dialogue, unless you mean the aside he gives in the Dark Forge where he remembers seeing the same Dark symbol back at the Lake. But that's just simple deduction on his part, following along with the player. It doesn't suggest he ever saw that symbol before visiting the sealed door.