PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Nosgoth Rewards, Referrals, and More

Saikocat
17th Dec 2014, 19:58
Hey everyone

We shared some detail today on the blog about a few updates! Head to the blog now to read more about:

- Our new Friend Referral system
- Our upcoming Daily Rewards
- Changes to Uncanny and Arcane item recharges

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/upcoming-nosgoth-rewards-referrals-and-more

We've got a sneak peek at the reward skins in the blog, so.... go go go!

MasterZtark
17th Dec 2014, 20:04
Thanks Cat! Very cool stuff that I am looking forward to!

absinthesize
17th Dec 2014, 20:42
the charge thing worries me

are you vastly reducing the gold required to upkeep it?

is this some kind of gold sink for players who have everything already?

The charge % change just smacks of pay 2 have an edge.

other ones would be nice but i gaurantee you none of my friends will ever get to 20, not because your game isnt good, but because they are very casual gamers or have children/dont have time to play games. so i guess im out those rewards.

cool changes i guess tho

Gugulug5000
17th Dec 2014, 22:38
I wish the friend referral system had been implemented long ago, seeing as my brother and I have collectively brought around 12 other people to Nosgoth, several of whom are already level 40 (and have since bought founders packs, boosters, and the LoK bundle)...

Oh well, guess I have to find more friends to suggest Nosgoth to. Is there any way it can track the beta keys we already gave away and count those? Lol

Also, a question regarding the rewards system: it says that it is tiered and the rewards will go up the more we play; is this going to start from nothing when this feature is implemented (like the achievements) or is it going to use our existing stats?

Razaiim
18th Dec 2014, 01:40
The friend thing definitely should have been done a while ago, or should be retro-active. Otherwise I am very interested in these updates, and look forward to unlocking the moolah and loot.

-Konf-
18th Dec 2014, 04:36
Great news, really liking new features and watching the game get closer to the Open Beta! While I understand a lot of people saying that "refer a friend" mechanic should've been there a while ago as a lot of us have given away keys to help the game grow - we can't have everything in closed beta guys. Let's go make new friends so that we can prosper in-game :)

On a more serious note - wanted to ask a couple of questions about upcoming patch:
1) Bug fixes - will we see Disguise fixed? (pretty please!)
2) There has been a thread about a recolour skin for those participating in matchmaking tests - that is separate to the refer-a-friend rewards, I assume?
3) A suggestion for the refer-a-friend feature if I may: are you guys considering implementing some sort of incentive for invited players? Just a thought as some games have this feature implemented in a way where both sides (inviter and invitee if I can call it that way) get rewards, not just one.

Thanks! :)

Saikocat
18th Dec 2014, 10:35
Hi everyone!

Quick heads up, but there is a little delay on the Friends Referral site. I'll let you all know the new ETA as soon as possible, it should hopefully be tomorrow (rather than today), but I'll keep you posted.

@Konf -
- Once the patches goes live we'll put up patch notes with detail about the bug fixes too.

- The skin for helping with the matchmaking tests is a different skin to the ones we showed off on the blog, yes, more detail on that soon, but with this preview you get an idea of what sort of thing you can expect :)

At the moment the rewards are for referring, rather than for the invited player as well.

SquirrelInDaSky
18th Dec 2014, 10:39
It would be really great if dedicated players could get rewards based on the number of hours played in total.

SirRudyMan
18th Dec 2014, 10:57
It would be really great if dedicated players could get rewards based on the number of hours played in total.

Yes, a system based on the number of hours played would be better for people who can't login every day, like me.

Btw, do people who made it through the matchmaking tests still get a banner when the update is complete?

FireWorks_
18th Dec 2014, 11:13
Hi everyone!

Quick heads up, but there is a little delay on the Friends Referral site. I'll let you all know the new ETA as soon as possible, it should hopefully be tomorrow (rather than today), but I'll keep you posted.

Does it mean the patch be tomorrow too or only the website launch?

lucinvampire
18th Dec 2014, 13:09
Now I regret giving all my friends beta keys over the last months as now I have no one left to get rewards from as they're all already playing :p

Saikocat
18th Dec 2014, 14:42
Btw, do people who made it through the matchmaking tests still get a banner when the update is complete?

Yes, that's coming up, we'll share some news on that shortly.

Does it mean the patch be tomorrow too or only the website launch?

We'll let you know as soon as there's definitive news on when they'll both hit.

Varulven
18th Dec 2014, 17:12
Yes, that's coming up, we'll share some news on that shortly.

We'll let you know as soon as there's definitive news on when they'll both hit.

The update will launch today, correct?

(btw I sent you a private msg, Saikocat :) )

Saikocat
18th Dec 2014, 17:39
Yes, we're doing a patch right now. The Friend Referral won't go live right away, and the page for that will launch tomorrow, but there are some juicy goodies in this patch :)

Patch notes will go up in a little bit, in the Announcements board.

Ysanoire
18th Dec 2014, 17:41
All this sounds pretty great. Can't wait. I do play a lot, so it'll be great to get a bonus for it :P

Captain3009
18th Dec 2014, 17:42
Downloading now, woohoo. :D

chriZor
18th Dec 2014, 17:49
performance upgrades? :gamer:

Louves
18th Dec 2014, 17:55
I hope it's a fix for the fps-issues :)

Rago600
19th Dec 2014, 05:26

hehe, it would be crazy, but the older Players all have Reward´s in Kind of Classes a booster reload and so on.
Im totally with you i also got a lot of "Nosgoth" people in my List, which makes it hard for me to recriut more People.

I also got some Keys Left ;)

ThomasterXXL
19th Dec 2014, 19:30
Wow, yet another reason to regret my purchase of the Immortal pack. I shouldn't have given those keys away.

RazielWarmonic
19th Dec 2014, 20:26
I can't get the Facebook or E-Mail button to work on the Friend Referral site.
Luckily Twitter does work and I'm just using that link everywhere for now. :)

WraithShadow13
13th Jan 2015, 22:28
I can't get the Facebook or E-Mail button to work on the Friend Referral site.
Luckily Twitter does work and I'm just using that link everywhere for now. :)

I'm having the same issue. I have a few friends that I can email, but the email link doesn't do anything. Opening it in a different tab just brings up a blank page as well. The facebook link just tells me that i'm trying to send it to myself.