PDA

View Full Version : tyrant main skills discussion

snejjjj
16th Dec 2014, 11:34
I think charge/marathon is better than jump. So tyrant jump needs a buff.
I will explain this in the following.

With tyrant jump:
- you can be interruped by war bow
- you can be hexed
- you can be bola'ed
- (scouts knives, whip, and sentinals graps not tested jet)
- you can suicid by jumping in the water on freeport
- you can be blocked by invisible walls f.e. fire arena on valeholm or some trees
- you cant jump on humans who are hiding in buildings
- you can only hit 4 humans if they are standing at the same place (should never happen)
+ when you are infight you can use jump for escape
- when you are infight you cant use jump for attack (yeah wall bounce (you can try to jump against a wall,
to land on the same spot, but this is (with my skill) really random and lucky))

With charge/marathon:
+ you cant be interruped by war bow
+ you cant be hexed
+ you cant be bola'ed
+ you cant be flashed (not sure about that)
+ you cant be knived (scout)
+ you cant be whipped
+ you cant be grapped by sentials
+ you cant suicid
+ you cant be blocked by invisible walls (or i dont know them)
+ you can attack humans who are hiding in buildings
+ you can hit 4 humans
+ when you are infight you can use charge/marathon for escape
+ when you are infight you can use charge/marathon for attack
- hard to run (aim) if you are a low-sens player

Did i forget anything. Is sth wrong? Whats your opinion?
So why should i take tyrant jump?

Vampmaster
16th Dec 2014, 11:53
Jump is very unintuitive in that you have to hold backwards in order to jump on the spot. The distance forward would make more sense being zero if you don't press forward and a max if you keep it pressed the entire time.

If jump canceling is re-added, it should be done simply from the dodge button rather than by glitching, BUT there point of no return where it can't be used so that it's not exploited and this should be indicated on the cursor.

Perhaps TK shielding like with the charge could activate after the point of no return. Basically, if you can cancel by choice, you can also be cancelled by an enemy, if you've passed the jump's point of no return, you can't cancel, but enemies can't cancel you either.

Possibly (if it's not OP), landing on the ground after you've been killed mid-air could still do a bit of AoE damage to enemies.

FireWorks_
16th Dec 2014, 12:37
tbh i dont think marathon is any useful. The timer is just too long while you can still be a useful player after a charge sweep and come back to use it a second time at the ending phase of teamfights. Marathon doesnt allow it in most fights.

However the jump... I recently tried it again and gotta say started liking it. Oddly, it shines for me where most people here say it got nerved: It is a sick damage AoE in closed environments where you got some kind of roof. You bounce off the roof and land instantly for a ton of damage, especially with enrage.

Silent said it recently that people gotta learn to use the Sentinels airstrike at the end of fights where teams tend to stand together as finisher. Same applies to the jump. As initiator, youre dead meat.

PS: A controlled travel like "hold shift" or "hold space" for a non-cooldown landing would be nice though.

lucinvampire
16th Dec 2014, 13:15
I don't really use Marathon/Charge as I'm useless at steering so I use Jump 99% of the time. I haven't used it with Enrage but as others have said this gives it a massive boost – if it has a general boost then it might become too powerful for those players that combine the two. It does suck that it can be cancelled out by so much stuff though.

- you can suicid by jumping in the water on freeport

This also happens with Drive Bomb with Sentinel so it's not something that only affect this one ability…I find it amusing.

Sanguise23
16th Dec 2014, 13:48
I love jump! its very fun, but a good jumper might not be as versatile as a good charger, especially against a good team

PencileyePirate
17th Dec 2014, 00:00
Jump has much higher damage output, and it recently got a buff: it can be used indoors again! It's harder to use than Charge but that just means it's higher risk/reward. I don't think Jump needs a significant buff but I wouldn't mind if it had immunity to warbow [knockdown but not dps.]

DesolatedMaggot
17th Dec 2014, 16:56
Jump has much higher damage output, and it recently got a buff: it can be used indoors again! It's harder to use than Charge but that just means it's higher risk/reward. I don't think Jump needs a significant buff but I wouldn't mind if it had immunity to warbow [knockdown but not dps.]

I'd have to agree with this. Bola, Hex, etc are skill shots with a cooldown, it costs something to use it especially if you miss. Warbow you have virtually 0% chance to miss against the somewhat slow, predictable movement of a Jump Attack Tyrant.