PDA

View Full Version : Private Lobby - Wrong Regions

Da_Wolv
15th Dec 2014, 19:10
During this recent ESL cup, and during the week in general, EU teams are having a really hard time getting private servers.

Most of the time I get either Asia or NAm.
Once I even found Oceanic - which boggles my mind.

Are there just not enough Servers to go around for the very active *cough* European Teams, or is there a problem with connecting to them?

lucinvampire
16th Dec 2014, 13:31
I've had this quite a few times too since Private Lobbies became an option. I think it's a bit of luck of the drawer at the moment when setting up Private Lobbies with where they end up. It's not good when everyone is EU players and end up in US. It'd be good if you could have a region select like in the Public Lobbies.

DunhamSmash
16th Dec 2014, 19:27
During this recent ESL cup, and during the week in general, EU teams are having a really hard time getting private servers.

Most of the time I get either Asia or NAm.
Once I even found Oceanic - which boggles my mind.

Are there just not enough Servers to go around for the very active *cough* European Teams, or is there a problem with connecting to them?

There may (re: WILL) be a number of weird issues that show up as we continue to hammer out the matchmaking and party systems for the inevitable move to the Open Beta release.

Our guess for this one in particular is that it sounds like a Region Filtering bug -- but we'll keep an eye on it as something to look out for as we continue the work. Unfortunately, there will continue to be some weirdness here and there as we work on it. Sorry about that!

Da_Wolv
17th Dec 2014, 18:37
There may (re: WILL) be a number of weird issues that show up as we continue to hammer out the matchmaking and party systems for the inevitable move to the Open Beta release.

Our guess for this one in particular is that it sounds like a Region Filtering bug -- but we'll keep an eye on it as something to look out for as we continue the work. Unfortunately, there will continue to be some weirdness here and there as we work on it. Sorry about that!

Maybe just add a manual region pick system?

DunhamSmash
17th Dec 2014, 22:34
Maybe just add a manual region pick system?

It's certainly possible, but currently not in the spec. We'll let you know if that changes, though!

Calderweiss
18th Dec 2014, 08:33
So my team was scrimming pretty recently, and when we tried to go into private matches, it was putting us on every server but NA. If we could select what server we wanted when starting a private match, that would help things go along a bit more smoothly.

Just wondering if this would be a feature that would take many resources to implement, or if it was something we could get in a patch or two.

Peace!

Maxximusblue
18th Dec 2014, 21:33
Having same problem, This makes private lobbys unplayable.

Flopster
23rd Dec 2014, 05:38
Haya guys i was wondering if anyone knows about private matches whats happening is we are trying to get one going and we are in australia and it keeps sending us to EU with a massive ping , this is the steps we have been doing

1 : hit the big red play button
2: select server australia
3: click private match up top
4: launch the match
5: end up in EU

Any way to stop this or is it tough luck ?

Thanks guys any help would be awesome

FireWorks_
23rd Dec 2014, 06:47
That is tough luck for the moment :( but I hope threads like this raise the aweness of the devs to change it fast.

lucinvampire
23rd Dec 2014, 09:40
As Fireworks said sadly atm it's like rolling the dice and see where you end up on Servers in Private matches, in the EU funnily enough we tend to get dumped on US or AUS ones. I hope at some point they'll include a region select like in the public games.

Flopster
23rd Dec 2014, 19:16
That really is a shame and something that should of been worked out when private matches were created , i love this game but the things it really needs just dont seem to be getting done.

DanielRysse123
30th Dec 2014, 21:02
make it available to choose what region you want play in Private match

Da_Wolv
4th Jan 2015, 16:13
2 weeks of Christmas, coming back to play ESL - same as before.
Sitting here for an hour reselecting 30 min, click start private Server, get NAm or Asia, cry, try again...

uNborn-
8th Jan 2015, 08:39
Not sure if this has been posted yet but were finding it increasingly difficult to find a Private NA server. Usually Asia or EU. Apologies if this has been posted before.

Da_Wolv
8th Jan 2015, 09:35
Not sure if this has been posted yet but were finding it increasingly difficult to find a Private NA server. Usually Asia or EU. Apologies if this has been posted before.

which is even more hilarious. I thought its just EU players that have issues, because maybe Eu server are always busy or there are fewer of them.
But here, we are sitting only getting Asia and NAm, while NA players only get Asia and EU. How is that even possible?

Saikocat
8th Jan 2015, 16:01
There is a bug with this at the moment. When it happens, disconnect and start another for now. We will be working on this, sorry about this guys!