PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary

AlexWeiss
14th Dec 2014, 05:52
I know we have some time until it's here, but what do you want to see for the 20th anniversary? A meetup? Another anniversary game?

Personally, I'd like to see (mostly ROTTR on every console just saying but also) the next film to hit theatres, I think it would be perfect timing. I mean I'd like to see bigger stuff happen, 20 years is a huge milestone, but that's the first thing I could think of :p

AdobeArtist
14th Dec 2014, 07:15
I hate to steal your thunder, but I had made a thread on this very topic, over a year ago to initiate the milestone festivities. Even got my own proposal on the subject of commemorating the TR community, as reflected in cosplay. But you can read more about it in the original thread :wave:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=140752

Murphdawg1
14th Dec 2014, 15:19
Considering Lara was a huge part of the original Playstation's success it will be weird not having a Tomb Raider game available to Playstation gamers next year considering the PSX will have released in North America and Europe 20 years ago next September.

AlexWeiss
14th Dec 2014, 15:37
I hate to steal your thunder, but I had made a thread on this very topic

I thought I recalled there being something like this, but when I checked the list and I didn't see it. Eh, no biggie, thanks for telling me

Considering Lara was a huge part of the original Playstation's success it will be weird not having a Tomb Raider game available to Playstation gamers next year considering the PSX will have released in North America and Europe 20 years ago next September.

I'm sure it'll be available in 2016, but not 2015, the deal has already been finalized and we've even had a discussion about it here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149116). Microsoft doesn't care that Tomb Raider has made major contributions to the success of the Playstation, they want that success to be theirs now.

Error96_
17th Dec 2014, 18:56
I would like an Anniversary version of TR2 with the original image Lara as it has the most ambitious locations of any TR. Sonic had Sonic Generations for it's 20 year celebration which was some of the most iconic levels from previous games put into one game so that would be a good idea for TR to copy.

In reality I think CD will have a party and then throw half the guests out because they don't own a Xbox.