PDA

View Full Version : opinions on warbow?

absinthesize
13th Dec 2014, 10:07
no im not asking for a nerf, but i was wondering peoples opinions.

ive played scout

i suck at scout

but for people who are good with scout, warbow seems to absolutly wreck. My jaw dropped when i was knocked down prior to BOTH my jump attack and then my charge attack on my tyrant. I didnt even know that was possible!

i felt i couldnt do anything that match at all. id so much as peak my head out with tyrant/scout any place on the map and i was instantly knocked down for a ton of damage.

i suppose he was just so good as to hit me 100% of the time even when only a part of me was peaking out.

FireWorks_
13th Dec 2014, 11:24
My favorite bow. Even more after the patch with another shot in the clip. High damage, allowing to aim each shot precisely similar to heavy pistols and can stop attacks right in their tracks when charged.

For tyrant. The charge makes immune to CC so no bola, no warbow etc. You want to run in from a save place and run out to safety in one sweep. Then come back. Just getting in gets him melted in most cases without the devastating effect he could have in a second attack.

If you get lucky and find a -spread variant, you got an IWIN toy.

absinthesize
13th Dec 2014, 12:01
thats weird because the bow interrupted my charge O.o

FireWorks_
13th Dec 2014, 12:15
thats weird because the bow interrupted my charge O.o

That is just not possible :) Never happend to me and never heard anybody reporting similar as bug. Go check your demo if you still got it.

cmstache
13th Dec 2014, 12:58
If you get lucky and find a -spread variant, you got an IWIN toy.
I have one. :) Just one of my many stupidly strong modded bows....

And there's a small window during the start-up time in charge's animation where it can happen.

FireWorks_
13th Dec 2014, 16:09
I have one. :) Just one of my many stupidly strong modded bows....

And there's a small window during the start-up time in charge's animation where it can happen.

Oh you lucky one! :D I got a stormbow with -spread but it is just not as satisfying as the warbow since a couple patches.

I gotta say, I dont understand what you want to say with your last sentense. Do you mean the bows are accurate in the first moments when fully charged before the sway sets in?

-Konf-
13th Dec 2014, 16:22
I gotta say, I dont understand what you want to say with your last sentense. Do you mean the bows are accurate in the first moments when fully charged before the sway sets in?
I'm thinking he meant that you can in fact knock out a Tyrant's [Charge] with a fully drawn War Bow if you manage to land your shot during the wind-up animation - in that small window when the Tyrant is immobile and throws his hands back right before he starts to run.

So yeah, War Bow can knock out a [Charge] right before the movement starts or straight after it's finished. To absinthesize - just like FireWorks suggested - you gotta start up charging out of sight of Human team if you want to avoid getting knocked out or taking a lot of chip damage from the very first second.

If, however, you did get knocked out of [Charge] during the actual run (and not during the starting animation) - I suggest you save that replay and post a bug report because that's not supposed to happen.

As per the actual thread topic - fun little bow, very satisfying to use if you can land your hits. Snipe me with it once and I'll make sure I'll target you all game (I guess we all feel the same way once we land on our butts during the match) :)

GenFeelGood
13th Dec 2014, 16:43
I consider it to be my old reliable among the scout bows, despite the long full draw time. I only hope they don't nerf the damage with the recent ammo increase.

cmstache
13th Dec 2014, 17:00
Oh you lucky one! :D I got a stormbow with -spread but it is just not as satisfying as the warbow since a couple patches.

I was referring to Charge, the ability, not Charged shots.

FireWorks_
13th Dec 2014, 17:18
I was referring to Charge, the ability, not Charged shots.

Doh.. :) Got it with Konf's explanation, thanks guys

PencileyePirate
13th Dec 2014, 20:39
I do enjoy warbow, but often not for the charged shot (draw time is too long for me.) However I do think it's stupidly easy to cancel Tyrant Jump without much effort, and wish Jump was immune to warbow knockdown.

Warbow would be mainly anti-Sentinel when taking aerial shots, and still viable for knockdowns on any ground class.

The counter to Jump can still be bolas, hex, knives, moving out of the way, etc.

GenFeelGood
13th Dec 2014, 21:04
The counter to Jump can still be bolas, hex, knives, moving out of the way, etc.
I'd like it if the knives still brought down swooping sentinels, or at least cancels the kidnap/abduct if are attempting to perform it as they swoop in.

SiD_Green
13th Dec 2014, 21:36
I'm glad it cancels Tyrant jump. I love the Tyrant, and it's never felt particularly unfair getting knocked down that way. The charge time is so long on the War Bow, so if you're initiating properly, you shouldn't usually get hit by it.

Razaiim
14th Dec 2014, 03:15
Warbow is by far my favourite bow, and I'd be willing to argue that when used well, it can be the most powerful bow for securing the kill, while not getting the actual killing blow. Especially vs jump tyrants and sentinels.

absinthesize
14th Dec 2014, 03:37
That is just not possible :) Never happend to me and never heard anybody reporting similar as bug. Go check your demo if you still got it.

sadly i do not, nor do i remember what the players name was. i assumed it was legit, perhaps i was having a weird bug or someone cheating or something. i dunno.

but good to know its not supposed to do it that way.

5amael_
14th Dec 2014, 18:06
In my opinion the Warbow is overpowered and needs a nerf. Of all the abilites / weapons in the game its the one that fits the worst into the otherwise "sidegrade" approach the game got with different weapons. Its just stronger and a pure upgrade due to the knockdown. The others do more dmg but this is the only weapon capable of removing an enemy entirely from the fight.

Long range, instant hit disable with "3sec cooldown" is basically what it is. It can utterly disrupt an enemy team if you put 1 or 2 decent scouts on the field with it. I think it should be reworked entirely and not have a knockdown at all.

Calderweiss
21st Dec 2014, 00:59
It won't knock you down mid charge, but it will right as you charge it up.
It does less damage then every other bow besides swiftbow on full draw, but that thing is also super strong in its own regard.

Warbow takes a long time to charge up, and really narrows the FOV of the scout using it. A full draw takes a whole 2 friggin seconds, yo. This Long FOV gives the likes of deceivers an ample space to engage, assuming they make it past the rest of your team.

Rest assured, if your charge is already moving, you can't be knocked out of it by anything except death.
Happy hunting!

Khalith
21st Dec 2014, 06:10
War bow might hard counter sentinel and jumping tyrant a bit too much. But other than that I think it's fine as is, just takes more care on the approach/opener for it. Wait for a reaver or a deceiver to hit the scout and force him to either drop the charge shot or use it THEN attack. Maybe it could sacrifice a bit more top end damage as a trade off for the stun? But that's a maybe, I'm not really for it that much.

snejjjj
22nd Dec 2014, 09:37
warbow dont need a nerf, tyrant jump needs a buff!