PDA

View Full Version : Farming Gems; How do you do it?

Heartwire
11th Dec 2014, 10:48
So recently I have started farming gems.
The best method for myself that I found was doing one of the open world challenges.
I'm making about 300 to 500 gems every 3-5 minutes.
I made a clip showing where and what right here:

FR2mN_n_0sU
It also includes two 1000 gem chest locations in the open world.

I have not found a more effecient method for myself, but was wondering how everyone else is farming their gems.

f4c3m4n
22nd Dec 2014, 09:24
I prefer the Amphitheater, clarer vision, approx same amount of gems. :)

Heartwire
22nd Dec 2014, 13:39
I prefer the Amphitheater, clarer vision, approx same amount of gems. :)

I tried that, but the enemy's spawn outside the initial ring where you are, so time wise it seemed less efficient to me.
The reason I decided on this challenge, was because everything spawns close together.

Criticalfrimmel
22nd Dec 2014, 15:25
All of the amphitheater enemies are killable with weapons so better for contributing to the challenge for this week.

DamnYouSalazar
22nd Jan 2015, 00:59
Given that challenges vary on weather conditions, which whether conditions for which challenges make best for gem grinding? I noticed some challenges with certain enemies give off more gems from dead enemies from others, sometimes they drop those bags that scatter gems. Though I haven't really tried to remain conscious of what weather conditions on what challenges offer best results.

Also, what weapons are you using? I imagine that can factor into how quickly you can clear the combat challenges. I myself like a mix of the auto-shotgun, the rocket launcher (for enemies that require explosion to finish off), and I've been switching up use of rail gun and chain gun (I'll use rail gun which is good for enemies with shields). Mixed with different amulet and ring perks I can usually tear through most challenges very quickly.

Criticalfrimmel
26th Jan 2015, 18:15
I haven't noticed a difference in drops from enemies depending on the weather or time of day. The big thing is to have a "Treasure Hunter" upgrade active.

Steel_Wing
28th Jan 2015, 11:19
I agree. The treasure hunter upgrade seems the most important aspect.