PDA

View Full Version : LCTOO. Black Screen. Game unplayable... Black Screen on start

Eeeman
11th Dec 2014, 05:54
Hello Everyone,

I have encountered a problem with LC:TOO.

Whenever I start the game, all I see is a Black screen and the game's cursor for a few seconds, then the game crashes and goes back to the start menu. Some times I also get a "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. It then goes back to the start menu. I quite literally cannot play the game.

I am honestly at my wits end. I really have no idea what to do. My computer meets all the recommended system requirements, and my computer can play plenty of other games at default settings, including Tomb Raider 2013.

I don't know why this is happening, but I know for a fact I am not the only one who is having this problem.

Anyway, here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Professional x64 bit

IntelĀ® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz

16 GB of installed ram

AMD Radon HD 7870 GHz edition. (Using Direct x 11. Driver version 9.12.0.0)

I do hope this helps. Anything that can be done to make the game work would be greatly appreciated.

ThePumisher
11th Dec 2014, 17:35
Same problem here. Bought the game on Steam and it crashes on start (tried every available configuration, full screen and windowed) with the "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close"-notification.

System
OS: Vista HP x64 SP2 (latest windows updates installed)
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2,83GHz
GPU: Asus Radeon HD7870 (Catalyst 13.3)
RAM: 8GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2
Steam: 1418175755

Eeeman
12th Dec 2014, 01:47
Well, I guess it's nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem. But does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct this problem?

Eeeman
13th Dec 2014, 00:51
Talked with Square Enix tech support today. I think I have a few drivers on my PC that need updating. I will post on my progress when my work is done.

P.S. Sorry for double post

Eeeman
13th Dec 2014, 21:23
I went and updated my AMD Radon HD 7870 GHz edition Graphics drivers...... AND THE GAME NOW WORKS!!! I am so happy, I am crying tears of JOY! :3