PDA

View Full Version : A mini series that will lead into Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rai
10th Dec 2014, 21:26
..and eventually the movie?

More Info here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669456119840047)

What do you guys think? Too much media before the game? Great move for more exposure?

And who is this person? I guess that confirms there will be a movie at some point. :p

Update: So this is fan made after all:

Hey guys! Jumping in to clarify - this is just a fan series. Stephen and Cambria are huge fans of Lara and Tomb Raider and are whipping something awesome up to pay tribute. We're happy to promote and give the project love just as we do with any other fan film!

And from the creator:

EDIT: Let me re-phrase. This is not an officially licensed Tomb Raider production. This is currently a unofficial production created by fans for the fans of the Tomb Raider franchise. We are however working with Crystal Dynamics to bring the most accurate representation of the character and the Tomb Raider universe! Looking to film this May! Will update soon. #tombraider #laracroft #lctoo @tombraider

Danielsun_
10th Dec 2014, 21:36
hmm, could be...interesting, who is that guy though?

Rai
10th Dec 2014, 21:38
Noo Idea who he is. This is the only link I have for the mo'. Found it on Twitter.

I think/hope it'll be interesting and cool. I guess it'll tie in after the comics, time-line wise?

Blacktron
10th Dec 2014, 21:45
If it's true then there will be two possibilities:

If it's good it's good, if it's crap it's crap.

Yeah, or something inbetween...

MeaganMarie
10th Dec 2014, 22:10
Hey guys! Jumping in to clarify - this is just a fan series. Stephen and Cambria are huge fans of Lara and Tomb Raider and are whipping something awesome up to pay tribute. We're happy to promote and give the project love just as we do with any other fan film!

Danielsun_
10th Dec 2014, 22:20

Ah ok so nothing canon or anything to do with the TR movie?
Something more along the lines of filler?

MeaganMarie
10th Dec 2014, 22:37
Ah ok so nothing canon or anything to do with the TR movie?
Something more along the lines of filler?

I don't actually know the full scope of their fan film! We chatted a bit about it last night when they were in to play LCTOO. Sounds like it will be really fun, though. :)

Rai
10th Dec 2014, 22:41
Thanks for clarifying, Meagan :). I had no idea who that guy was, so at least I do sort of now. I think a fan mini series seems fun. It'll fill the gap anyhoo.

Although actual game promotion wouldn't go amiss fairly soon :whistle: :p.

Danielsun_
10th Dec 2014, 22:45
Cheers Meagen, much appreciated :)

Happy Raiding!

a_big_house
10th Dec 2014, 22:47
Whilst you're here Meagan, why not fill us in on what's going on with the third film? :D

MeaganMarie
10th Dec 2014, 22:48
Whilst you're here Meagan, why not fill us in on what's going on with the third film? :D

Danielsun_
10th Dec 2014, 22:52
oo oo oo

Meagan do another community day in London, that was awesome, ya know, just saying :p

Murphdawg1
10th Dec 2014, 22:52
I just want Rise of The Tomb Raider on my PS4 next holiday season. Maybe I should plan a trip to the Square Enix headquarters and wave my $60 in front of them, waving it front of the monitor doesn't seem to be working:D

a_big_house
10th Dec 2014, 23:04

Come onnn, not even one word? :naughty:

MeaganMarie
10th Dec 2014, 23:12
"It."

a_big_house
10th Dec 2014, 23:17
"It."

Exciting stuff! :lol:

Rai
10th Dec 2014, 23:53
@that film news :eek: Wow :lol:

Anyhoo, from the creator of this fan made series:

EDIT: Let me re-phrase. This is not an officially licensed Tomb Raider production. This is currently a unofficial production created by fans for the fans of the Tomb Raider franchise. We are however working with Crystal Dynamics to bring the most accurate representation of the character and the Tomb Raider universe! Looking to film this May! Will update soon. #tombraider #laracroft #lctoo @tombraider

TheArcaneHuntress
11th Dec 2014, 00:18
Coolio :3

Metalrocks
11th Dec 2014, 02:42
im sure we will be posted here. usually fan made movies are more spot on than hollywood movies.

@meagan
wow. thats the best information if have read about a movie. so overwhelming. so "it" has to be good. :lol:

a_big_house
11th Dec 2014, 16:09
All jokes aside, the fact that Meagan cannot discuss the film and the word 'it', used in the context to (perhaps) describe something, all but confirms that the third film is happening :D

Rai
11th Dec 2014, 17:55
All jokes aside, the fact that Meagan cannot discuss the film and the word 'it', used in the context to (perhaps) describe something, all but confirms that the third film is happening :D

Eventually. Soon. It'll be epic. :p

Danielsun_
11th Dec 2014, 19:06
I am also taking Meagans silence as an indication that she will host another community event in London :P

Weemanply109
11th Dec 2014, 19:55
To be honest, that guy was a bit of a dope for being so illusive about it in the first place and describing it in such a self-important way as if it were official. :lol:

Also, that third movie ain't ever coming at this point. :nut:

Driber
11th Dec 2014, 23:58
"It."

And there you have it, folks; the next film will be based on Steven King's classic horror story. Can't wait!

:D

Not if the next words are "is cancelled" :p

To be honest, that guy was a bit of a dope for being so illusive about it in the first place and describing it in such a self-important way as if it were official. :lol:

Hey, it worked, didn't it :lol:

Treeble
12th Dec 2014, 00:25
Dang, I was completely blinded by LCTOO! Kept seeing references to this on Twitter and just finally caught up to speed (I think). To be honest, I think this is a terrific idea. Not really the problem here, but I wish people everywhere would stop jumping the gun though, and some people are being far too cynical because it's a fan endeavour. As a huge TR fan myself, I often find simple but true enjoyment in pretty much every form of appreciation done in favor of the franchise, be it fanfic, fan art, cosplay, TRLE custom levels and definitely fan films. The sole fact people are sharing their efforts born out of undying love for the same thing you love should earn them, at the very least, an enormous amount of respect. Not your thing? Then, please, quietly move along.

Definitely looking forward to this. Wish them all the best and will do what I can to support them. :)

WinterSoldierLTE
12th Dec 2014, 00:40
Seems to be a possible trend nowadays. Konami is doing the same with a fan made 'Silent Hill' film called "Requiem". The cheaper, more looked after with TLC alternative to Hollywood studios perhaps?

Either way I think it's cool of studios to support and even assist them. Very classy.

AlexWeiss
14th Dec 2014, 00:42
And who is this person?

hmm, could be...interesting, who is that guy though?

Stephen Lunsford (if I recall correctly) is an actor from an MTV show called Teen Wolf. I think this is the only time I thank Tumblr for spamming me with posts about that show before I blacklisted the tag completely.

TSUSMC9
27th Dec 2014, 04:51
If it's not official, then and if a movie is made does that mean it will go along with the series or completely new?

Driber
27th Dec 2014, 11:35
If it's not official, then and if a movie is made does that mean it will go along with the series or completely new?

It's obviously going to be something "new" in the sense that Lara will be depicted on some sort of adventure that hasn't happened in the games nor will happen in the next movie.