PDA

View Full Version : The big guide to maximising your framerate (FPS config included)

zzott93
10th Dec 2014, 17:57
Hello people!

I'm going to keep myself short and go through a couple of basic, as well as advanced, ways of optimising your settings so to run Nosgoth as smooth as possible.

The goal is to make your game look as ugly as possible, but run smoothly. I got a boosted 40 frames out experimenting with these settings.

If you're just looking for the FPS config or can't be bothered, you can find it here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjsej9r5ocrbslu/zzott%27s%20maxframes%20config%202015-05-20.rar?dl=0") (last updated 2015-05-20.)
This is version 1.2 using the improvements suggested by Equanimityjohn. Thanks you a lot! It also includes a changed version of the file called "DefaultSystemSettings.ini".

Put the config files here C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config

Config not updated? Send me a message (http://steamcommunity.com/id/zzott/)! If it's not working you're gonna have to go about it the long way.
I will be doing minor changes to the config that I won't adress in the thread.

Disclaimer: These things worked for me and Johax, they might not work for you. Some of these might be wrong as well, and if so please do tell.

Don't hesitate to add your own tweaks to the thread, so we can find the optimal settings together!

We're going to make the game look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3VfQzA9.png

Part 1: Basic tweaks

First off, Gamebooster from IOBIT is a good tool to use. Basically it shuts down everyone one wouldn't need. Such as Skype (+5 frames), Windows themes (+5 more) and services you don't use either way.
You can find it here (http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php)

Let's look at the ingame settings for Nosgoth. These can be tweaked even more with a little know-how, but we'll get to that soon.

http://i.imgur.com/Ofa3nGz.png

Resolution: Speaks for itself, lower it as much as you can to make it presentable but playable.

Vertical Sync: Makes the game look super smooth on high end systems. WILL lower your framerate if enabled. Disable.

Anti-Alias: Renders smoothed edges. Disable.

Max FPS: Cap yours at twice your monitors framerate + 1. If you have a 60 hz monitor, cap it at (60x2+1) 121. Even on a stable PC your framerate will always drop by one. This will make you have a happy monitor for multiple reasons.
If you can't cap it at such a high framerate, cap it at whatever your average framerate is.
Why? Because this will stop nasty frame drops and give you a stable look sensitivity.

Details: Set them to "low" for now. We'll return to this later.

http://i.imgur.com/dybewaA.png

Texture and World detail: set these to "low" for now.

APEX Cloth: Fancy cloth animation. Disable.

Shader quality: Makes your game render fancy. Set to low.

Ambient Occlusion: Fancy lightning. Disable.

Depth Of Field: Just an effect that eats up processing power. Disable.

Light Shafts. Can't be bothered, off!

Lens Flare: unneccecary effect, disable.

Dynamic Shadows: Eats up pricessing power too. Disable.

Motion Blur: Looks amazing in 144 fps, smooth as silk. Disable!

You can do two things in Steam to get a better framerate too.

First off, set a "-high" launch parameter, then disable the steam community ingame (if you can be bothered).
-high gives the Nosgoth client higher priority than the rest of the services running at the time. Will make the game run more smoothly. I also know that the "-onethread" launch parameter works for people too. Not sure what it does, but it did make the game run more stable for me.
-usetexturepool used to make the game load the lowest possible textures for the game. I'm not sure about this one anymore, I think it's linked to a memory leak. I will have to check this out

Right click Nosgoth - properties - set launch options.

http://i.imgur.com/p97hlO7.png

The Steam community overlay eats a lot of ram, 50-200 mb if I remember correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/Hz8Knfo.png

You can set your Nvidia card to render everything less fancy. You can find these options from the control panel.

http://i.imgur.com/n1VPuDU.png

http://i.imgur.com/36GCq1c.png

Not gonna go into depth with this.

Part 2: Writing an FPS config

Here's the fun part! If you don't care for tweaking these settings yourself you can just download my config files and do a little copy-pasting. You can find the files at the top of this thread. here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjlfvxf78zqn5qy/zzotts%20FPS%20config%202014-12-10.rar?dl=0)

Alright, let's find our files first. C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config
OR:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config

The location of these files might differ. Check both!

It should look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/74hcLgM.png

We're going to be writing stuff in BCMPUserProfile and BCMPSystemSettings.

Let's start with BCMPUserProfile.

[BCMPGame.Profile_K]
SplitScreenType=eSST_2P_HORIZONTAL
bShowHitPoints=true

Don't touch these.

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60.000000
bOneFrameThreadLag=false
bUseMouseSmoothing=false
bSmoothFrameRate=false

MaxSmoothedFrameRate (caps your FPS to whatever )

bUseMouseSmoothing (SET THIS AS "FALSE" IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO AIM PROPELY!)

LookSensitivity=0.500000
Version=2
bSubtitles=True
bInvertYAxis=False
bVibration=False
bEULAd=False
bSeenInitialMovie=True
bTwitchStreamingAutoResolution=False
bTwitchDefaultWebcamPreview=False
AudioOutput=1
AudioDynamicRange=2
MusicVolume=0.000000
FxVolume=0.159298
DialogVolume=0.000000
VoipVolume=0.167562
Brightness=2.232472
FOV=110.000000
ChararcterName[0]=AssHuman
ChararcterName[1]=FastVampire
LoadoutIndex[0]=0
LoadoutIndex[1]=0

Do not touch most of this stuff. It's bad for you.

VideoDetail=9
TextureDetail=9
MSAA=0

TextureDetail, VideoDetail (sets your detail levels. In the menues you can set these to low (low=4), but it goes down to 5. I set mine to 9 because I could. Set yours to five. Will make the game look like crap. This is good.

MSAA (fancy lightning, set to 0)

twitchStreamingFrameRate=0
twitchStreamingResolution=0
twitchStreamingBitRate=0
twitchMicrophoneLevel=0.000000
twitchSystemSoundLevel=80.000000
twitchDefaultWebcam=
twitchDefaultWebcamSize=

[IniVersion]
0=1417035321.000000

Do whatever you want with these. It's just Twitch stuff.

Let's move over to the clusterbomb of words that is BCMPSystemSettings. I'm not going in depth, just what's relevant.

[SystemSettings]
AllowStreamingLightmaps=true
StaticDecals=False
DynamicDecals=true
UnbatchedDecals=False
DecalCullDistanceScale=0.250000
DynamicLights=False
DynamicShadows=False
LightEnvironmentShadows=False
CompositeDynamicLights=False
SHSecondaryLighting=False
DirectionalLightmaps=False
MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
MotionBlurSkinning=0
DepthOfField=False
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=false
bAllowLightShafts=False
Distortion=false
FilteredDistortion=false
DropParticleDistortion=False
bAllowDownsampledTranslucency=False
SpeedTreeLeaves=false
SpeedTreeFronds=false
OnlyStreamInTextures=False
LensFlares=False
FogVolumes=False
FloatingPointRenderTargets=False
OneFrameThreadLag=False
UseVsync=False

These are all just making the game look fancier. Set everything to "false" except "DynamicDecals", which gives you warning rings around AoE attacks.
Then I added AllowStreamingLightmaps=true for allowing streaming lightmaps as you'd stream textures. It's false by default.

UpscaleScreenPercentage=True
Fullscreen=True
AutoDetectDesktopResolution=False
Borderless=true

Do not touch.

AllowOpenGL=true
AllowRadialBlur=False
AllowSubsurfaceScattering=False
AllowImageReflections=False
AllowImageReflectionShadowing=False
bAllowSeparateTranslucency=False
bAllowPostprocessMLAA=False
bAllowHighQualityMaterials=False
MaxFilterBlurSampleCount=0
SkeletalMeshLODBias=4
ParticleLODBias=4

Shader options. Set most to false. Removes reflections and fancy surfaces.

DetailMode=4

Level of rendered detail. Set to 4. This will render the "SystemSettingsTexturesDerp" part of the config, or so I think.

MaxDrawDistanceScale=1.000000

DO NOT TOUCH

ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
MaxAnisotropy=1
MaxMultiSamples=1
bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
bAllowTemporalAA=False
TemporalAA_MinDepth=500.000000
TemporalAA_StartDepthVelocityScale=100.000000
MinShadowResolution=0
MinPreShadowResolution=0
MaxShadowResolution=0
MobileShadowTextureResolution=0
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=0
ShadowFadeResolution=0
PreShadowFadeResolution=0
ShadowFadeExponent=0.250000

These are shadow details. They eat up more of your processing power than most else. Won't make much of a difference if you set them to 8. 0 will turn them off.
They're usually set around 128 or 512, but you can set them to 0. If it makes the game crash, set them to 8.
ALWAYS set variables like these to something that can be divided by 8 or they can make you crash. Example; 8, 128, 512. Setting them to 0 doesn't work for me, it might work for you.

ResX=1920
ResY=1080
ScreenPercentage=100.000000
SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000000
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=1.273240
PreShadowResolutionFactor=0.500000
bEnableBranchingPCFShadows=False
bAllowHardwareShadowFiltering=False
TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle=8.000000
bEnableForegroundShadowsOnWorld=false
bEnableForegroundSelfShadowing=False
bAllowWholeSceneDominantShadows=False
bUseConservativeShadowBounds=False
ShadowFilterRadius=0.000000
ShadowDepthBias=0.012000
PerObjectShadowTransition=60.000000
PerSceneShadowTransition=600.000000
CSMSplitPenumbraScale=0.500000
CSMSplitSoftTransitionDistanceScale=4.000000
CSMSplitDepthBiasScale=0.500000
CSMMinimumFOV=40.000000
CSMFOVRoundFactor=4.000000
UnbuiltWholeSceneDynamicShadowRadius=20000.000000
UnbuiltNumWholeSceneDynamicShadowCascades=3
WholeSceneShadowUnbuiltInteractionThreshold=5
bAllowFracturedDamage=false
NumFracturedPartsScale=1.000000
FractureDirectSpawnChanceScale=1.000000
FractureRadialSpawnChanceScale=1.000000
FractureCullDistanceScale=1.000000
bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=false
bDisableSkeletalInstanceWeights=false
HighPrecisionGBuffers=False
AllowSecondaryDisplays=False
SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth=1280
SecondaryDisplayMaximumHeight=720

Stuff. I'd suggest you copy these settings. Except for the resolution parametres.

MobileFeatureLevel=0
MobileFog=True
MobileHeightFog=False
MobileSpecular=false
MobileBumpOffset=false
MobileNormalMapping=false
MobileEnvMapping=false
MobileRimLighting=false
MobileColorBlending=false
MobileColorGrading=False
MobileVertexMovement=false
MobileOcclusionQueries=False
MobileGlobalGammaCorrection=False
MobileAllowGammaCorrectionWorldOverride=False
MobileLODBias=-0.5
MobileBoneCount=75
MobileBoneWeightCount=2
MobileUsePreprocessedShaders=false
MobileFlashRedForUncachedShaders=False
MobileWarmUpPreprocessedShaders=True
MobileCachePreprocessedShaders=False
MobileProfilePreprocessedShaders=False
MobileUseCPreprocessorOnShaders=True
MobileLoadCPreprocessedShaders=True
MobileSharePixelShaders=True
MobileShareVertexShaders=True
MobileShareShaderPrograms=True
MobileEnableMSAA=False
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0
MobileVertexScratchBufferSize=150
MobileIndexScratchBufferSize=10
MobileLightShaftScale=2.0
MobileLightShaftFirstPass=0.5
MobileLightShaftSecondPass=1.0
MobileModShadows=True
MobileTiltShift=False
MobileMaxMemory=300
MobilePostProcessBlurAmount=32.0
MobileTiltShiftPosition=0.5
MobileTiltShiftFocusWidth=0.3
MobileTiltShiftTransitionWidth=0.5
MobileMaxShadowRange=500.0
MobileBloomTint=(R=1.0,G=0.75,B=0.0,A=1.0)
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=False
MobileSceneDepthResolveForShadows=TRUE

Not sure if these actually work in a desktop computer or just optimisation for mobile units. I disabled a lot anyway.

ApexLODResourceBudget=1000000020040877300000.000000
ApexDestructionMaxChunkIslandCount=2500
ApexDestructionMaxShapeCount=0
ApexDestructionMaxChunkSeparationLOD=1.000000
ApexDestructionMaxActorCreatesPerFrame=-1
ApexDestructionMaxFracturesProcessedPerFrame=0
ApexDestructionSortByBenefit=True
ApexGRBEnable=false
ApexGRBGPUMemSceneSize=8
ApexGRBGPUMemTempDataSize=8
ApexGRBMeshCellSize=7.500000
ApexGRBNonPenSolverPosIterCount=9
ApexGRBFrictionSolverPosIterCount=3
ApexGRBFrictionSolverVelIterCount=3
ApexGRBSkinWidth=0.025000
ApexGRBMaxLinearAcceleration=1000000.000000
bEnableParallelAPEXClothingFetch=false
bApexClothingAsyncFetchResults=False
ApexClothingAvgSimFrequencyWindow=60
ApexClothingAllowAsyncCooking=false
ApexClothingAllowApexWorkBetweenSubsteps=FALSE

Fancy cloth simulation. These are turned off from our earlier settings anyway. No need to touch.

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=3)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=3)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=none,MipFilter=none,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0))

I set "MaxLODSize" to 0 on all of these, you can set them to 8 or 128 if you want. It would probably be the best. It's all just fancy surface shader stuff.

A user named Equanimityjohn found that the game run better without texture filters. That's why I've changed
MinMagFilter and MipFilter to "none".
We are also adding a setting called "NumStreamedMips". Set this t0 0 on every row except for two, which are 3.

AllowSilhouettes=True
AllowApexCloth=False
UseDirectSound=True
AllowBackgroundAudio=False

AllowSilhouettes (not sure really, I left mine on as default)
AllowApexCloth (Apex cloth. Disable)
UseDirectSound (don't touch this)

TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=None,MipFilter=None,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Set MaxLODSize to 0, 8 or 128, it's the same as the other shader stuff.

[SystemSettingsBucket1]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsBucket2]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsBucket3]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsBucket4]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsBucket5]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsScreenshot]
BasedOn=SystemSettings
MaxAnisotropy=16
ShadowFilterQualityBias=1
MinShadowResolution=16
ShadowFadeResolution=1
MinPreShadowResolution=16
PreShadowFadeResolution=1
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=4.0f
PreShadowResolutionFactor=1.0
MaxShadowResolution=4096
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=4096
CompositeDynamicLights=FALSE
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=-1000,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear)

[SystemSettingsEditor]
BasedOn=SystemSettings

[SystemSettingsSplitScreen2]
BasedOn=SystemSettings
bAllowWholeSceneDominantShadows=False
bAllowLightShafts=False
DetailMode=5

[SystemSettingsMobile]
BasedOn=SystemSettings
Fullscreen=True
DynamicLights=False
SHSecondaryLighting=False
StaticDecals=True
DynamicDecals=False
UnbatchedDecals=False
MotionBlur=FALSE
MotionBlurPause=FALSE
DepthOfField=FALSE
AmbientOcclusion=FALSE
Bloom=FALSE
Distortion=FALSE
FilteredDistortion=FALSE
DropParticleDistortion=TRUE
FloatingPointRenderTargets=FALSE
MaxAnisotropy=2
bAllowLightShafts=FALSE
MobileModShadows=False
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=False
MaxFilterBlurSampleCount=4
DynamicShadows=False
MobileMaxMemory=300

[SystemSettingsMobilePreviewer]
BasedOn=SystemSettingsMobile
Fullscreen=False

[SystemSettingsMobileTextureBias]
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,NumStreamedMips=3)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)

[SystemSettingsAndroid]
BasedOn=SystemSettingsMobileTextureBias

[SystemSettingsFlash]
MotionBlur=FALSE
MotionBlurPause=FALSE
DepthOfField=FALSE
AmbientOcclusion=FALSE
Bloom=FALSE
Distortion=FALSE
FilteredDistortion=FALSE
bAllowLightShafts=TRUE
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=True
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=True
MobileHeightFog=False

[SystemSettingsFlash_Detail]
MotionBlur=FALSE
MotionBlurPause=FALSE
DepthOfField=FALSE
AmbientOcclusion=FALSE
Bloom=FALSE
Distortion=FALSE
FilteredDistortion=FALSE
bAllowLightShafts=TRUE
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=True
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=True
DirectionalLightmaps=True
MobileHeightFog=True

[SystemSettingsIPhone]

[SystemSettingsIPhone3GS]
LensFlares=False
DetailMode=1
MobileEnableMSAA=True
MobileMaxMemory=100

[SystemSettingsIPhone4]
MobileContentScaleFactor=2.0
LensFlares=False

[SystemSettingsIPhone4S]
MobileEnableMSAA=True
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=False
ShadowDepthBias=0.025
MaxShadowResolution=256
MobileShadowTextureResolution=256

[SystemSettingsIPodTouch4]
LensFlares=False
MobileMaxMemory=100

[SystemSettingsIPad]
MobileFeatureLevel=1
MobileFog=False
MobileSpecular=False
MobileBumpOffset=False
MobileNormalMapping=False
MobileEnvMapping=False
MobileRimLighting=False
MobileMaxMemory=100
MobileContentScaleFactor=0.9375

[SystemSettingsIPad2]
MobileEnableMSAA=False
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=False
ShadowDepthBias=0.016
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0
MaxShadowResolution=256

[SystemSettingsIPad3]
MobileEnableMSAA=False
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=True
ShadowDepthBias=0.016
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.40625
MaxShadowResolution=256
MobileMaxMemory=500

[SystemSettingsIPad2_Detail]
BasedOn=SystemSettingsIPad2

This is just stuff for other platforms and whatnot. No need to touch. Don't remove these either.

[Configuration]

[SystemSettingsTexturesDerp]
BasedOn=SystemSettings
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)
TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0)

This is your texture detail level "5". This is what you're going to load when set to 5. You can set all of this to 8 if you want. I prefer 128.

[WorldDetailLow]
StaticDecals=False
DecalCullDistanceScale=0.25
SkeletalMeshLODBias=5
ParticleLODBias=5
MaxShadowResolution=8
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=8

This is the world detail level 4 or 5, not sure actually. It's what you'll be loading with our config.
SkeletalMeshLODBias (set to as high as possible, which is 5. Will give you a lower detail level)
ParticleLODBias=5 (set to as high as possible, which is 5. Will give you a lower detail level)

MaxShadowResolution=8 (8 is the lowest possible number without crashing for me. Will make your shadows look ugly when set to low.)
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=8 (8 is the lowest possible number without crashing for me. Will render less shadows when set to low.)
You can probably set both of thse to 0 if you want.

[IniVersion]
0=1417035474.000000
1=1418054738.000000

I don't know what this is, and I hope you don't touch it.

This concludes our big guide so far. If anyone else have anything to add or correct, please do.

Thanks to Johax for looking up most of the config stuff and additional corrections.

Happy fragging!

Love,

zzott

(http://www.twitch.tv/zzott_ if you want to support me and my work for the FPS config in any way)

Talespin
11th Dec 2014, 09:57
bOneFrameThreadLag = True
(located in both BCMPSystemSettings.ini and BCMPUserProfile.ini)

This setting can also increase your fps by quite a bit at the cost of minimal input delay. For most people it's a better trade-off.

jjoohhaaxx
11th Dec 2014, 11:35
Remember to make your .ini files read-only (!!!)

The game might reset parts of the configuration otherwise.

lucinvampire
23rd Dec 2014, 14:01
I just wanted to stop by and say this guide is really good :) I didn't follow it all the way through due to I got to a reasonable FPS after part of it. I was getting about 30ish before and now at the top it reaches 52 but usually balances somewhere between 40-50 which makes it more playable. Thank you very much zzott93 for taking the time to create this for people :thumb:

riccetto80
26th Jan 2015, 19:29
Really skype cut 5fps if is loaded while playing???

Bazielim
27th Jan 2015, 01:41
Really skype cut 5fps if is loaded while playing???

yeah I can believe that, it's nice for solely having conversations etc, but it is quite heavy when you're running something else taxing on the system. On my old setup I couldn't run Skype at the same time from the same machine as Nosgoth without major fps problems. Though I've since upgraded and can run them now I think it's worth bearing in mind that some of the alternative options like Raidcall and Teamspeak can be a lot less taxing.

Rago600
28th Jan 2015, 17:15
Its not that i need this, i like fancy graphics, but i just want to say you have done a Good work here, im sure this helps some Persons :)
gj

Develmania
28th Jan 2015, 18:24
Awesome work thx!:friends:
Am at 9-12fps atm with lowest ingame settings so this should help alot,especially playing humans is a pain with accurate aiming like that-.-

Adnihil
1st Feb 2015, 18:55
Wow! I kept on losing, didn't know why. Then I followed this guide, now I keep on winning! Seems like my attacks missed most of the time due to lag. I'm a lot more agile and accurate now :)
Thanks a lot!

zzott93
25th Feb 2015, 18:16
Clearing up big confusion about the FPS config not working for some people:

The config location changed in some update (I don't know which) and therefore the files has been of no use for a lot of people. The new location is in your Nosgoth config folder in your STEAMAPPS folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config (Or similar)

I hope this will clear up the confusion.

Ghosthree3
26th Feb 2015, 08:09
I believe those exist only as read only default copies that get copied into your documents\my games\etc folder upon first start up.

DesolatedMaggot
6th Mar 2015, 20:43
I do not recommend using DetailMode=5 as it forces fog on, despite what you have the various fog options set to.

zzott93
7th Mar 2015, 00:55
I do not recommend using DetailMode=5 as it forces fog on, despite what you have the various fog options set to.

I love you for this! I've been wondering for so long

TeeSin
14th Mar 2015, 04:29
helped me a lot ... thank you :D

selw0nk
16th Mar 2015, 16:56

What number should we use on DetailMode?

zzott93
16th Mar 2015, 18:03
What number should we use on DetailMode?

Hey Selwonk, I use DetailMode=4. It works well for me, I'd recommend it to others as well.

LordAzuRa4
17th Mar 2015, 06:13
Pasted your configs in the said location. Got game booster.

Game looks ugly as hell's crack. 10/10 should get stickied!

Weird though I still have 15 FPs with or without the new configuration and I'm way above the minimum requirement (not recommended though)

BrandedHunter
6th Apr 2015, 20:29
At the expense of appearance I can finally aim properly and enjoy the game smoothly, thank you for this guide, helped me improved my fps.

Btw copy pasting "BCMPUserProfile" and "BCMPSystemSettings" doesn't always work, didn't work for 2 pcs (1 has Nvidia vcard, other intel vcard) here so I have to manually follow your tut all the way to the end.

Also I opened those tweaked config files and the "MaxLODSize=8" changed back to the 256. What's the lowest value aside from 0, that you can apply without the risk of crashing(when I put 0 in some it crashed) is it 8?

How can I view my fps now? When I go to settings->video it won't display anymore, when I ran the game first time it showed, now I have no way of telling what's my fps.

maresrb
7th Apr 2015, 17:08
Somtimes i use fps count. from steam. Steam -settings-in game fps counter

maresrb
7th Apr 2015, 17:47
Can you update config when you have time ? After update dont work for me idk for others players

BrandedHunter
8th Apr 2015, 07:22
Somtimes i use fps count. from steam. Steam -settings-in game fps counter
Thanks for that. From 15-20fps it went to is 40-60fps when playing cause of this tutorial.

zzott93
9th Apr 2015, 22:36
[...]I opened those tweaked config files and the "MaxLODSize=8" changed back to the 256. What's the lowest value aside from 0, that you can apply without the risk of crashing(when I put 0 in some it crashed) is it 8?

Yeah, I'd dare say it's 8. It's what's been working on mine and most other's systems that I've talked to.

Can you update config when you have time ? After update dont work for me idk for others players

I'll get to it some time real soon. I'm busy with many other things than games right now, but I promise I'll do it when I have the time.

EDIT: Updated the config

Equanimityjohn
18th Apr 2015, 10:43
The command -usetexturepool has stopped working as of the most recent patch, and I'm not the only one who took a big hit in FPS when this happened. I spent several hours tweaking my config and I believe I've gotten the settings to run at their maximum potential, at least for myself. This config is as potato as it can be, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work for some people. If it doesn't, refer back to this thread as I did until you can tweak it to where it will work for you.

Dropbox link:
FPS Config (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq%27s%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip?dl=0)

Edit: I've worked on my FPS config for over two days now. The config is essentially fully optimized. The only other thing I'd recommend would be running the game in 720p fullscreen instead of 1080p borderless windowed if you feel the need, though the gains would most likely be marginal. Running the game in borderless windowed seemed to have much higher performance than the same resolution(s) set to fullscreen, thus the config is set to 1080p borderless windowed.

zzott93
18th Apr 2015, 14:46
The command -usetexturepool has stopped working as of the most recent patch, and I'm not the only one who took a big hit in FPS when this happened. I spent several hours tweaking my config and I believe I've gotten the settings to run at their maximum potential, at least for myself. This config is as potato as it can be, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work for some people. If it doesn't, refer back to this thread as I did until you can tweak it to where it will work for you.

Note: the config's resolution is set to 720p, which can be a very marginal FPS increase compared to 1080p for some users. To change it, refer back to the instructions in the first post of this thread and make sure the files are not set to read only when configuring them (but don't forget to turn them back to read only when done configuring them, before starting the game, either).

Dropbox link:
FPS Config (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq%27s%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip?dl=0)

Out of curiosity, what makes this different from mine?

Truckposeidon
18th Apr 2015, 17:03
I have a big question I wonder if anyone could answer for me because i'm not that knowledgeable about .ini files but after the March 31st update with the new UI my key bindings for loadout changing and the new map would not work. I finally figured out that that this was because my .ini files were read only because I like no mouse smoothing so now i took the read only off and every time I restart the game it resets my ini settings. I just want the new UI key bindings to work and be ableto have a custom .ini!

Equanimityjohn
18th Apr 2015, 17:44
Out of curiosity, what makes this different from mine?
Quite a number of settings, so many that it would take me some time to list them all. Peak at the config if you like. I don't guarantee it'll be better than yours for everyone but having read through this thread (thank you, btw) thoroughly and after looking up many commands and the details of their functions I've come to make this config as it is, and it has supplied me with at least 10/20 more constant fps than any other config I've used before it. (Though I'm still at a loss of FPS due to the fact that -usetexturepool no longer functions as it used to.)

I will say, though, that TEXTUREGROUP command lines had a big part in optimizing the config, in that I added an addition setting. After reading in to how these texture groups functioned; that setting being: "NumStreamedMips" added to each line. which greatly has helped my performance.

I have a big question I wonder if anyone could answer for me because i'm not that knowledgeable about .ini files but after the March 31st update with the new UI my key bindings for loadout changing and the new map would not work. I finally figured out that that this was because my .ini files were read only because I like no mouse smoothing so now i took the read only off and every time I restart the game it resets my ini settings. I just want the new UI key bindings to work and be ableto have a custom .ini!

Make sure the game is not running while configuring .ini files.
Make sure that you set your .ini files to read only after configurating them and before running the game.

IKathaarI
19th Apr 2015, 20:14

Dropbox link:

Edit: I've worked on my FPS config for over two days now. The config is essentially fully optimized. The only other thing I'd recommend would be running the game in 720p fullscreen instead of 1080p borderless windowed if you feel the need, though the gains would most likely be marginal. Running the game in borderless windowed seemed to have much higher performance than the same resolution(s) set to fullscreen, thus the config is set to 1080p borderless windowed.

I get about 20 fps with this, which is really good for me without -usetexturepool, so thank you.

zzott93
20th Apr 2015, 16:40
Quite a number of settings, so many that it would take me some time to list them all. Peak at the config if you like. I don't guarantee it'll be better than yours for everyone but having read through this thread (thank you, btw) thoroughly and after looking up many commands and the details of their functions I've come to make this config as it is, and it has supplied me with at least 10/20 more constant fps than any other config I've used before it. (Though I'm still at a loss of FPS due to the fact that -usetexturepool no longer functions as it used to.)

I will say, though, that TEXTUREGROUP command lines had a big part in optimizing the config, in that I added an addition setting. After reading in to how these texture groups functioned; that setting being: "NumStreamedMips" added to each line. which greatly has helped my performance.

I'm currently looking into this. Thanks a lot on behalf of everybody suffering from the -usetexturepool being broken. I'll test what you added and see what difference it makes to me and possibly others.

I saw a few you things you changed in your config that I didn't agree upon since it can make the game unstable, the shader settings mostly, but it's looking really good.

If I find it doing good use I'll add it to my guide and config and credit you as well, if you don't mind.

ArrX92
22nd Apr 2015, 12:23
This setup is great. But it costs more to see the invisible scout.
What line modifies the invisibility of the scout or the characters?

Equanimityjohn
30th Apr 2015, 17:56
Re-optimized my config for the latest patch and updated the download link.

Download my FPS config here:
​https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq%27s%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip?dl=0

Wolf_the_Legend
1st May 2015, 20:03
thx a lot zzott busted my frames after the patch in the menu from 40 to 120 ... i only got 80 out of some changes i did myself :/

can the dev´s not implement this settings in the game under potato settings for best performance, because always to fix a ini file is kinda annoying tbh^^

selw0nk
1st May 2015, 23:31
I can't tell the difference in quality with the config compared to high performance. Anyways, I'm getting 40-80 fps during battle fights. It would be nice if I can go to 100+ fps.

TheRex22
2nd May 2015, 18:59
I also don't see anything different form high performance setting...

Equanimityjohn
2nd May 2015, 20:14
I can't tell the difference in quality with the config compared to high performance. Anyways, I'm getting 40-80 fps during battle fights. It would be nice if I can go to 100+ fps.

I also don't see anything different form high performance setting...

I'd recommend you both try my config then. I've literally stretched it to be as optimized as possible as far as I can tell, and I certainly tell a difference over "high performance".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq%27s%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip?dl=0

selw0nk
2nd May 2015, 20:21
I'd recommend you both try my config then. I've literally stretched it to be as optimized as possible as far as I can tell, and I certainly tell a difference over "high performance".

I have tried your config before and looked the same to me. I am going to try your config again since you updated it on dropbox. Can you screenshot the game with your config on? I want to see what it looks like on your end.

Equanimityjohn
2nd May 2015, 22:07
I have tried your config before and looked the same to me. I am going to try your config again since you updated it on dropbox. Can you screenshot the game with your config on? I want to see what it looks like on your end.

http://imgur.com/RW1FU4f

selw0nk
2nd May 2015, 23:42
http://imgur.com/RW1FU4f

That's what my video settings look like.

Shikei001
4th May 2015, 12:35
Thank you a lot Equanimityjohn, for some reason I had a lot of troubles after last patch with my fps,
even the fps config from Zott didn't work for me.. (my fps jumped from ~90 to ~40).
But your last config fixed it for me *_* now stable 95fps :D

Sasha_Vykos
5th May 2015, 09:56
What should I do to try the config uploaded on dropbox?
Just overwrite the 2 .ini files in the game folder?

And if I want back my old config I guess I should make a back-up copy of my files and, just in case, replace them back. Am I right?

Equanimityjohn
6th May 2015, 00:24
What should I do to try the config uploaded on dropbox?
Just overwrite the 2 .ini files in the game folder?

And if I want back my old config I guess I should make a back-up copy of my files and, just in case, replace them back. Am I right?

This is correct. If you use a resolution different than the one I used in the .ini files (1080p) then refer back to the OP for instructions on how to change that.

Sasha_Vykos
11th May 2015, 07:58
This is correct. If you use a resolution different than the one I used in the .ini files (1080p) then refer back to the OP for instructions on how to change that.

Thanks, my fps are way better now!

selw0nk
19th May 2015, 15:06
Potato config and -usetexturepool now works with the latest patch.

zzott93
20th May 2015, 17:47
New version of the config. Inlcuding changes to a file called "DefaultSystemSettings.ini". Find it here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjsej9r5ocrbslu/zzott%27s%20maxframes%20config%202015-05-20.rar?dl=0)

http://i.imgur.com/s34Rd9dl.jpg

BrandedHunter
21st May 2015, 18:26
New version of the config. Inlcuding changes to a file called "DefaultSystemSettings.ini".
Thanks zzott, replaced my BCMPsystemsettings, userprofile, input and defaultsystemsettings, works great.

One other thing, can you help me out with this Nvidia control panel, are my settings set to highest performance?
http://i.imgur.com/SugS0nu.png

Equanimityjohn
21st May 2015, 23:13
My config is completely updated for the new patch, and I've done a hell of a lot more research on some more commands that may help performance quite a bit.

The README file is especially important. I would recommend everyone to try it out as soon as they can. It has given me a huge performance boost, even over zzott's config. XD

http://i.imgur.com/SugS0nu.png

Under Vertical Sync enable Gsync if you have the option, otherwise leave it off. Under pre-rendered frames (maximum and virtual reality) I'd recommend setting those to 4 each. Enable trilinear optimization. Set power management to performance. Other that that I believe you're set to the highest performance, unless you only have a single display, then I'd recommend turning off multi-display performance, obviously. :P

BrandedHunter
22nd May 2015, 00:47
My config is completely updated for the new patch, and I've done a hell of a lot more research on some more commands that may help performance quite a bit.

The README file is especially important. I would recommend everyone to try it out as soon as they can. It has given me a huge performance boost, even over zzott's config. XD

Under Vertical Sync enable Gsync if you have the option, otherwise leave it off. Under pre-rendered frames (maximum and virtual reality) I'd recommend setting those to 4 each. Enable trilinear optimization. Set power management to performance. Other that that I believe you're set to the highest performance, unless you only have a single display, then I'd recommend turning off multi-display performance, obviously. :P
Thanks Equanimityjohn, I applied your config followed the readme, can you give me what "Poolsize" I should put? Minus the small margin, my GPU memory is 2047 MB.

I set all to readme afterwards. The steam launch option -nosurvey must have worked, so far no crashes while starting Nosgoth (before I have to start Nosgoth twice but if it crashed twice in a row, I have to restart steam since it will always crash which is a hassle).

By the way, how do you use borderless window without the mouse pointer going outside the game? I use 640x480 resolution and I have to set it on fullscreen (borderless=false, fullscreen=true) if not, the mouse pointer can go and click the desktop T_T

This is my nvidia control panel changed to what you suggested, vsync doesn't have gsync:
http://i.imgur.com/PNjdWXK.png

Ghosthree3
22nd May 2015, 02:28
Under Vertical Sync enable Gsync if you have the option, otherwise leave it off.
By default I believe V-sync is set to obey the application setting. While there's no harm in just turning it off there there's also no need as long as you set V-Sync to off in your game.
EDIT: I lacked context, you were giving advice for an nvidia config that had the option set statically.

This is my nvidia control panel changed to what you suggested, vsync doesn't have gsync:
Because you don't have a g-sync module monitor. They're expensive and uncommon right now.
Totally worth it though.

Equanimityjohn
22nd May 2015, 02:37
Thanks Equanimityjohn, I applied your config followed the readme, can you give me what "Poolsize" I should put? Minus the small margin, my GPU memory is 2047 MB.

By the way, how do you use borderless window without the mouse pointer going outside the game? I use 640x480 resolution and I have to set it on fullscreen (borderless=false, fullscreen=true) if not, the mouse pointer can go and click the desktop T_T

For a 2GB memory GPU I'd recommend setting your PoolSize to 1900~ or so.

1080p is my desktop resolution so it fits just fine in borderless windowed. You could lower your desktop res to fit whatever res you want to run windowed fullscreen if you feel up to it, or as you said just run it in fullscreen. The only reason I run windowed fullscreen on my native resolution is because it's the still close to best performance while still looking okay, while the only other means of boosting performance through resolution for me would to be, as you mention, playing on a smaller than native resolution that makes it easy for the cursor to leave the application in windowed fullscreen. For some reason running the game in lower resolutions, even 480p, in fullscreen hardly increases performance at all for me compared to 1080p windowed fullscreen. The only problem with running fullscreen is that no matter what your settings are alt+tabbing out and back in to game halves your FPS.

Edit: I just tried it again and I did notice an improvement to performance running lower resolutions in fullscreen now, enough that I'll probably stick with it in 720p fullscreen personally. However, I must say that when viewing very "open" areas of maps the FPS still dips to values exactly as low as if it were 1080p windowed fullscreen, which is quite strange when the difference it makes in less "open" areas is so incredibly noticeable by comparison. [This is true even when running very low pixel 4:3 resolutions such as 640x480 (which are touted to be better for UE3) native-ly, which is very strange indeed. I believe THIS FACT COULD HELP DEVELOPERS optimize the game.]

I also tested running the game with framerate smoothing, which is disabled by default in my config, and I still believe it doesn't do a very good job of boosting performance at all, and in fact hinders it. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, particularly those with very low FPS (sub ~40/50 consistently), so maybe toggling it on (it can be found in the BCMPUserProfile.ini file) would be good for some.

shok0ne
22nd May 2015, 15:10
Ty very much Equanimityjohn ... at least it's somewhat playable for me now =)

riccetto80
28th May 2015, 19:28
-useallavailablecores

change to me absolutely nothing... -onethread is true to make performance worse, at least on my config.

what i dont like about all this configs is, people who do this config dont really know what they are doing, i mean they are passionate and helpful, but is a try and try and try process...

would be much better if someone of the programmer of nosgoth, create a guide, i mean someone who really know unreal engine and this game, can give some info, "unofficial extreme low"config and so on...

community manager, why dont let a programmer of nosgoth engine write here?

riccetto80
28th May 2015, 20:52

lol, altought i have already modded behind the normal ingame setthing the config, i have set 5 for gepometry level who make me gain some good fps...

this config doubled from 30 to 60 fps on the menu screen...

and in game from 35-60 to 55-90, the game not look too bad, decolored wold texture, almost no decoration, but character look still pretty nice, not like the config of topic starter who, to be sincere, i was never use and will never use, ok optimize but look the maps and the character as potatos, no thanks..

thank you very much Equanimityjohn!

only bad things, why you keep the fx to 0? we need listen to sound, i agree keep 0 the music and other stuff, but the fx why to 0? lol.

plus you must explain to people how set up the fov, i was know the command, so i set up before try to 95, my fov for this game, from 110, but people who dont know will be forced to play at your fov setting...

better you write it in readme.txt file

now with around 60 fps even in the middle of fight with all being fired together, i finally understand what happen instead of explode without a clue... and now is more evident the LAG of this game...

Equanimityjohn
30th May 2015, 09:53
lol, altought i have already modded behind the normal ingame setthing the config, i have set 5 for gepometry level who make me gain some good fps...

this config doubled from 30 to 60 fps on the menu screen...

and in game from 35-60 to 55-90, the game not look too bad, decolored wold texture, almost no decoration, but character look still pretty nice, not like the config of topic starter who, to be sincere, i was never use and will never use, ok optimize but look the maps and the character as potatos, no thanks..

thank you very much Equanimityjohn!

only bad things, why you keep the fx to 0? we need listen to sound, i agree keep 0 the music and other stuff, but the fx why to 0? lol.

plus you must explain to people how set up the fov, i was know the command, so i set up before try to 95, my fov for this game, from 110, but people who dont know will be forced to play at your fov setting...

better you write it in readme.txt file

now with around 60 fps even in the middle of fight with all being fired together, i finally understand what happen instead of explode without a clue... and now is more evident the LAG of this game...

Thank you too. I made some tweaks in my readme file and changed the default resolution of my config to 720p windowed, as for some reason since the performance improving patch the game actually does perform better in lower pixel fullscreen resolutions unlike it used to. The link remains the same as it always has, but in case someone missed it here it is again:

riccetto80
5th Jun 2015, 17:21
only issue with your config so far is the fane being really dark

riccetto80
13th Jun 2015, 16:07
since last patch, the fane is "less dark" still darker or normal, but now is better.

ApollosBow
13th Jun 2015, 16:24
If playing on low settings is smoke basically see through (if so this is a disappointing advantage to humans), maybe it just looks like this from vamp perspective, am I wrong?

riccetto80
18th Jun 2015, 20:09
today patch make thins even smoother, fane is even less dark, animation are much better, execution and special abilities run smoother, is easier to shoot a moving target.

zzott93
1st Jul 2015, 10:39
This might be a little late, but if you've been keeping track on ESL you might have noticed my team isn't playing at the moment. This is largely because none of us have the time for Nosgoth currently. So I'm passing the FPS config torch to Equanimityjohn and I might be back for a rivaling config after summer ends.

zzott

Equanimityjohn
1st Jul 2015, 19:55
This might be a little late, but if you've been keeping track on ESL you might have noticed my team isn't playing at the moment. This is largely because none of us have the time for Nosgoth currently. So I'm passing the FPS config torch to Equanimityjohn and I might be back for a rivaling config after summer ends.

zzott

I don't play at all right now and won't be playing until new classes, if not official release. I can update the config if it is necessary as I do check the forums once in a blue moon. I'm pretty disappointed in the game lately, personally.

Shikei001
2nd Jul 2015, 20:36
Since this Update my fps are better without your config john :(
So maybe if you got time you could look into it ? :)

Before I had stable 70-80 fps only if super much happend it droped to 60, now during a fight it drops down to 40 (with your config).
Without your config it only drops down to 50...

I rly love your work :D Use your configs since the first you uploaded :D

froM0NkEY
7th Jul 2015, 18:16
CFG really good.I do not really know exactly what the update at the end of round game crashes when used with your CFG.

He would someone who is in the config wrong?

THX

CRASH here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ruK73QPsI&feature=youtu.be

froM0NkEY
8th Jul 2015, 17:03
Trying to erase individual commands and the game still crash

These are the remaining statements, with which the game still crash in DefaultSystemSettings.ini

StaticDecals=false
DynamicDecals=true
UnbatchedDecals=False
DecalCullDistanceScale=0.1
DynamicLights=false
DynamicShadows=False
LightEnvironmentShadows=false
CompositeDynamicLights=true
SHSecondaryLighting=false
DirectionalLightmaps=false
MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=false
MotionBlurSkinning=0
DepthOfField=true
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=false
bAllowLightShafts=False
Distortion=False
FilteredDistortion=False
DropParticleDistortion=true
bAllowDownsampledTranslucency=true
SpeedTreeLeaves=false
SpeedTreeFronds=false
OnlyStreamInTextures=true
LensFlares=False
FogVolumes=false
FloatingPointRenderTargets=false
OneFrameThreadLag=true
UseVsync=False
UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
Fullscreen=false
AutoDetectDesktopResolution=False
Borderless=true
AllowRadialBlur=False
AllowSubsurfaceScattering=False
AllowImageReflections=False
AllowImageReflectionShadowing=False
bAllowSeparateTranslucency=False
bAllowPostprocessMLAA=False
bAllowHighQualityMaterials=False
MaxFilterBlurSampleCount=0
DetailMode=0
MaxDrawDistanceScale=1
MaxAnisotropy=0
MaxMultiSamples=0
bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
bAllowTemporalAA=False
TemporalAA_MinDepth=0.000000
TemporalAA_StartDepthVelocityScale=0.000000
ResX=1920
ResY=1080

Abacrius
23rd Jul 2015, 02:58
@Equanimityjohn your config is so powerful that Nosgoth is playable on these specs:

Intel Core i3-4010UM @ 1.7 Ghz
Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4400m (with special drivers)
4GB RAM

You made this game playable on a laptop with no business playing it. I salute you, and I genuinely feel that Psyonix is in your debt for this ini.

froM0NkEY
23rd Jul 2015, 13:48
I agree! It's the best config what I found on the internet. Unfortunately after some patch my game at the end of the round will fall; (

MakerMake
28th Aug 2015, 14:07
New version of the config. Inlcuding changes to a file called "DefaultSystemSettings.ini". Find it here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjsej9r5ocrbslu/zzott%27s%20maxframes%20config%202015-05-20.rar?dl=0)

http://i.imgur.com/s34Rd9dl.jpg

For the life of me I cant get my config to look this potato. I copied your exact settings and set them to read only. What am I doing wrong? I like johns config I get the most fps but I like the lower quality look more.

Wolf_the_Legend
31st Aug 2015, 06:05
try add "-usetexturepool" to ur start options of nosgoth

riccetto80
31st Aug 2015, 23:58
Since this Update my fps are better without your config john :(
So maybe if you got time you could look into it ? :)

Before I had stable 70-80 fps only if super much happend it droped to 60, now during a fight it drops down to 40 (with your config).

I rly love your work :D Use your configs since the first you uploaded :D

ATTENTION PEOPLE, try to delete the config and let nosgoth use the new config the dev created in the last some patch, also to me the game run MUCH BETTER with nosgoth config, the config of this topic make my fps much less, make the game lag much more.

Equanimityjohn
1st Sep 2015, 01:02

ATTENTION PEOPLE, try to delete the config and let nosgoth use the new config the dev created in the last some patch, also to me the game run MUCH BETTER with nosgoth config, the config of this topic make my fps much less, make the game lag much more.

Not sure where you're getting this from. I just tried it and I still get a 30 - 50% increase in FPS using my config versus using the default config on lowest possible settings.

I agree! It's the best config what I found on the internet. Unfortunately after some patch my game at the end of the round will fall; (

Did you ever get this fixed?

Since this Update my fps are better without your config john http://eidos.driber.net/images/custom/smilies/frown.png
So maybe if you got time you could look into it ? http://eidos.driber.net/images/custom/smilies/smile.png

I rly love your work http://eidos.driber.net/images/custom/smilies/biggrin.png Use your configs since the first you uploaded http://eidos.driber.net/images/custom/smilies/biggrin.png

This was some time ago so I can't remember the exact patch that might've caused this problem for you. Is the game running any better now?

To anyone who thinks they're having trouble with my config after having used it for some time, the best advice I can give to you is to uninstall it, run the game with the defaults (which I have added to the download now) and then reinstall my config (and definitely READ THE README).

riccetto80
1st Sep 2015, 16:35
Not sure where you're getting this from. I just tried it and I still get a 30 - 50% increase in FPS using my config versus using the default config on lowest possible settings.

Your config help me a lot but the last patches about performance start to behave strangely (fps drop, shuttering etc... and anyway i was not able anymore to reach 75/90 fps as when first i start use our config, not even 60 fps anymore...), now with default nosoth config im able to play at 60 fps with drop just to 50 even with all 8 player fighting in the same zone...

with your config i have drop to 40 and i wasn't able to reach 60 fps at all.

not only, with nosgoth config now im able to activate apex clothing, and some other nice visual stuff like dynamic shadows and still have 60 fps most of the time.

Equanimityjohn
6th Sep 2015, 22:23
Your config help me a lot but the last patches about performance start to behave strangely (fps drop, shuttering etc... and anyway i was not able anymore to reach 75/90 fps as when first i start use our config, not even 60 fps anymore...), now with default nosoth config im able to play at 60 fps with drop just to 50 even with all 8 player fighting in the same zone...

with your config i have drop to 40 and i wasn't able to reach 60 fps at all.

not only, with nosgoth config now im able to activate apex clothing, and some other nice visual stuff like dynamic shadows and still have 60 fps most of the time.
Strange. If you followed all the instructions fully in my readme and this is still the case then it is simply a matter of hardware compatibility relative to software settings. Pinpointing the exact cause wouldn't be too hard, though it would be very time consuming. Do what works for you. :)

ediav42
10th Sep 2015, 01:23
I follwed the steps on how to make nosgoth run smoother by lowering the graphics quality, and it **** up my system. Now, whenever I launch Nosgoth, it's always zoomed in on the upper left portion of the screen (no options to zoom out or anything) and I cannot reach any other points of the game menu or anything. How do I fix it and make it zoom out again (best solution would probably be restoring the original steam/nosgoth defaults but I don't know how to do that). Note: I used the "zzott's maxframes config" directions. I like the game, and would just like to be able to play it and have a good time without it lagging when I try to shoot someone or climb up a wall or whatever. Please help

Equanimityjohn
10th Sep 2015, 03:28
I follwed the steps on how to make nosgoth run smoother by lowering the graphics quality, and it ****ed up my system. Now, whenever I launch Nosgoth, it's always zoomed in on the upper left portion of the screen (no options to zoom out or anything) and I cannot reach any other points of the game menu or anything. How do I fix it and make it zoom out again (best solution would probably be restoring the original steam/nosgoth defaults but I don't know how to do that). Note: I used the "zzott's maxframes config" directions. I like the game, and would just like to be able to play it and have a good time without it lagging when I try to shoot someone or climb up a wall or whatever. Please help

Download my FPS config and get the default configs from the defaults folder if need be. Optionally, you can try and use my FPS config, as well. There's a thorough readme included.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq's%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip

SirSleepALot
30th Sep 2015, 22:28
Thanks for the config files. There's only one problem.
When using the configs and "-ReadTexturePoolFromIni" launch option, I get a lot of micro-freezes in game, mostly when attacks occur (From me and on me).

When removing the launch option the micro freezes disappear.

I'm using an i5 CPU with GTX 650 GPU + 16 GB RAM

SvPaass
31st Jan 2016, 00:37
I dont know if the people responsible for this post still read this. I just want to say this saved my game.
About two months ago my average of 30-40 fps went down to 20-30 at best, with radom framedrops going even lower than 5-10 fps.
Making the game kind of unplayable. Now i have an average of 50-60 and it never goes lower than 30.
I just want to express my gratitude real quick.

GenFeelGood
7th Feb 2016, 00:52
My problem with fps is consistency. I'm around 100 fps at pregame loadout, with 70-80 fps during some parts of the match and dropping down to 30-45 fps for the rest of the time.

What can I do to stop this, because it is really annoying?

Nickname98
15th Feb 2016, 05:36
-usetexturepool is a big one for launcher options it looks really potato but it does boost frames a lot!

Modrin
29th Mar 2016, 10:33
now i have potato graphics with same fps =)

_Vole_
29th Mar 2016, 11:11
I think using the "FPS-Maximizing-Potatoe-Config" is a bit outdated. I think it really depends on your pc specs.
Using the -usetexturepool launch option in steam, is propably the saves option to boost your performance a bit. Although I don't use any of it (not the config, not the launch option). The fps seem to be almost always the same for me.

Sluagh
13th Apr 2016, 20:31
All a bit late now, but anyone know how to reverse -usetexturepool ? That potato esque look is getting on my nerves.

Sluagh
14th Apr 2016, 02:10
Oops sorry nvm fixed it now.